Quantcast

OIL COOLER

plumber

Joyner have included an oil cooler on the list of improvements for the Trooper upgrade along with a new modular safari bed, an air scoop on the side, upgraded shocks front & rear, a new exhaust system, headlight relocation and new wheels.

I would like to think that these upgrades will be available as spare parts so current Trooper owners can enjoy those improvements too. If you are interested in these upgrades, send an email through to JMC if you are in the States.

Plumber, I'm not sure where they are going to instill the oil cooler on the new model Trooper, but details can't be to far away, surely.

Cheers Mike.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Where are you picking up the oil to send through the cooler and where are you returning it to? photo please if possible.

Kinarfi

You can buy an adapter that intercepts the oil from the oil filter port. It will provide an outgoing port and a return port. The engine oil pump cycles the oil through for you. All you need to do is run the lines from the adapter to and from the oil cooling radiator. If you put the radiator where it can get good air flow, you may not need a fan, just go with a little larger radiator.

Lenny

Lenny is right I'm using and adapter that fits on the engine then your oil filter fits on it. I will put more pic up when I get it done been working alot of hours.I wanted to used a fan because I do alot of slow trail riding and I'm thinking about a turbo

Plumber, please also post the part # , manufacture, what parts store & what engine the adapter was suppose to be for. Kinarfi will add to our parts list.

EDIT - - Yes I will - Kinarfi

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Well I,m done with my oil cooler here are some pic and part numbers. I bought everything from Jegs, if you don't need a fan they have kits for as low as 83.00 Derale #259-15501. First of all let me say the first thing you need to do is look at your oil filter to see if yours take a 20mmx1.5 or 3/4-16 sandwich adapter you can look in parts and pieces to see what you need.This is what I used on mine Derale 15830 oil cooler #259-15830 111.99,thermostatic sandwich adapter #555-51712 22.99 oil cooler hose #555-51720 24.99. If you used the ph4967 oil filter the o ring is to small so you have to used a ph3614 oii filter so it don't leak oil.Rocmoc all it said is it fits ford , chryler and imports it does not give engine type

Well I,m done with my oil cooler here are some pic and part numbers. I bought everything from Jegs, if you don't need a fan they have kits for as low as 83.00 Derale #259-15501. First of all let me say the first thing you need to do is look at your oil filter to see if yours take a 20mmx1.5 or 3/4-16 sandwich adapter you can look in parts and pieces to see what you need.This is what I used on mine Derale 15830 oil cooler #259-15830 111.99,thermostatic sandwich adapter #555-51712 22.99 oil cooler hose #555-51720 24.99. If you used the ph4967 oil filter the o ring is to small so you have to used a ph3614 oii filter so it don't leak oil.Rocmoc all it said is it fits ford , chryler and imports it does not give engine type

You used the 3/4"-16 adapter. The threads in the T2 motor block are 20mm-1.5. The 20mm is .037" larger then the 3/4" so it must have been a tight fit but evidently it went on for you. The thread pitch is close between the 2 only going off about 1/2 thread in about 6-7 threads so this too would probably squeeze on. I'm going to add an oil cooler to mine and will try and find a 20mm-1.5 but if I can't I'll be using the 3/4-16. One thing nice is that you can go to a larger filter. Preferrably a synthetic long mileage oil filter like a Mobile 1 filter which filters down to a much smaller particle size. My larger oil pan has made a nice improvement but the oil could still be a little cooler. Thanks for the info and part numbers.

Lenny

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

I would cut the front of the side scoop off, the one just below the front of the rear deck, so it catches air then mount the cooler in that air flow just inside the scoop opening.

Lenny