10 replies to this topic

#1 JK joyner

JK joyner

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • UTV Brand:Joyner

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Does anyone have a dealer that can provide a fold down Joyner windshield for under $200? I have looked all over the web and I only have found one for the Joyner. The issue is they are asking over $400 for it and that's without the install. Any help out there would be appreciated.

Join now, to remove these ads!

#2 JK joyner

JK joyner

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

By the way, this is for a 2009 Renegade 2 seater.

#3 brostar

brostar

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 511 posts
    • UTV Brand:PACIFIC EAGLE

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:21 AM

Hi JK 7 welcome to UTV Boards and glad to see another Renegade owner here. I have just recently got some American made Joyner Trooper Lexan Windshields and full enclosures made up for some members here at a cost rate (well and truly below the retail cost) so I could market and sell them on my website. I am also looking for Renegade R2 & R4 owners for the same reason. This will happen, it’s just a matter of locating at least five customers for each model to get these made up. They are made by GCL UTV Enclosures in Paris Kentucky. I will need one donor UTV for each model & they will receive an enclosure or Lexan Windshield for well below the cost rate. If you or anybody reading this, that lives near Paris KY and has a Renegade R2 or R4, please contact me and I will sort you out a folding or fixed Windshield, or full enclosure.
    My website is http://www.pacificeagleutv.com/ and from there, go onto Joyner Trooper T2 to view a one of our fixed Joyner Lexan Windshields.
    JK of note, the R2 and R4 Windshields are the same size and a folding Windshield will be more expensive than a fixed one.

Cheers Mike.

#4 ricksrb

ricksrb

Too little time to ride

• PipPipPip
    • 1,015 posts
    • UTV Brand:Joyner Trooper T4

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

Does anyone have a dealer that can provide a fold down Joyner windshield for under $200? I have looked all over the web and I only have found one for the Joyner. The issue is they are asking over $400 for it and that's without the install. Any help out there would be appreciated.

Welcome jk,
    good luck finding the windshield.I doubt you are going to find a fixed windshield for that price not alone a fold down one.
    Yours,
    Rick
    So Cal/AZ

#5 renegade II

renegade II

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

I had a fixed plastic full windshield made for my 08 Renigade at a cost of over $300, then had another built for my 09 Renigade at $400 and was very carefull
    when I washed it but still got scratched so I built a safty glass full windshield for less then $200 its the only way to go.

#6 ricksrb

ricksrb

Too little time to ride

• PipPipPip
    • 1,015 posts
    • UTV Brand:Joyner Trooper T4

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

You might also try looking at Golf cart windshields.I purchased a fold down one for a cart I had.You might get lucky and find a size that would work or maybe get ideas and fabricate your own.
    Yours,
    Rick
    So Cal/AZ

#7 4x4x454

4x4x454

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 265 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

I got a poly windshield with my trooper and a Lexan one with my enclosure. But I will have a safety glass one made next spring so I can run windshield whippers and not destroy the windshield. If I were you I would just have a glass one made up you will be much happier in the end. Just my thought on the subject of windshields.
    I HAVE A NEED A NEED FOR SPEED-Todd

#8 Kinarfi

Kinarfi

Moderator & Electronic Wiz

• PipPipPip
    • 1,889 posts
    • UTV Brand:Joyner, Trooper 2

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

I had lexan on my plane and found the best way to clean it was with pledge furniture polish, of course, there is not much mud up there to mess up the windshield when flying, The only time I think I ever got dirt all over the windshield was when I crashed and destroyed the plane. After that, I didn't care about windshield.
    Kinarfi

#9 silverbullet

silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 277 posts
    • UTV Brand: renegade-trooper-

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Welcome jk,
    good luck finding the windshield.I doubt you are going to find a fixed windshield for that price not alone a fold down one.

Silverbullet
    We have laxan windshields 1/4" Renegade it has bow in the middle slightly and carved at the top
    Rengade have a large roll cage so the bow stopes the buffering and roll at the top to move the air up over the roof.It comes with a slight tan tint or clear if you like.All hardwhear inclueded
    We may be making a fold down windshield for Joyners in the future.We do carry plexiglass but scratchs easy.125.00
    Saftey glass works great.
    Name is silverbullet. I have lots of experance wth Joyners.We make all customs parts for them.If anybody needs help please email me
    at [email protected]
    Posted Image

#10 rocmoc

rocmoc

Super Moderator

• PipPipPip
    • 2,579 posts
    • UTV Brand:'69 Jeep CJ5 & '70 CJ5

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

I purchased a piece of Lexan at the local plastic vendor for $65 and made it myself. Three years old and will replace in another year.

rocmoc n AZ
    rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

#11 Jarrad

Jarrad

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 264 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

We use a flip out windshield for the renegade. Lexan around the edges and safety glass in the middle with gas charged shocks to hold it up. It is out of your price range but I am sure your looking for something of this sort.

http://shop.nolimits...4&categoryId=10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users