Quantcast

1100 DIFF FOR A T2

BEDROCK

But he is talking about a Renegade which I still believe was only a 800cc. I am pretty sure the Viper came as a 1100, 1600 & 2000.

BUT the viper did not have a locker diff and the Renegade did.

Where are our remaining Dealers? They should be jumping in here with the info!!!!!

BEDROCK,

Does your diff have the locker feature? If it doesn't it isn't for a Trooper or Renegade but a Viper.

rocmoc n AZ

It has the locker so it's a Renegade or Trooper. Lets try doing this, The renegade differential is lower geared then the Trooper but they are fairly close. Turn the input shaft and see how many turns it takes to turn the output shafts exactly one revolution. Both output shafts have to turn together for this to work correctly. You must be very accurate. The Renegade has a 14 tooth pinion gear (input shaft) and a 32 tooth ring gear while the Trooper has a 15 tooth input shaft with a 32 tooth ring gear. The Renegade gear ratio is then 2.285 turns of the pinion gear to one turn of the output shafts and the Trooper has a ratio of 2.133:1. The input shaft spleen has 27 teeth or spleens on it. That means that if you counted the spleen teeth as you rotated the shaft the Renegade input shaft would rotate a total of 61.71 teeth and the Trooper would rotate 57.59 spleen teeth. That is about 4 teeth difference and this should be able to be seen. If you know what the gear ratio is, you will know what differential you have.

Lenny

Ok Lenny i took a look at the diff last night and this is what I came up with. The input shaft has 27 splines, and the output shaft (axle sides) have 32 splines. They do turn together when I turn the input shaft. I marked the starting point with a grease pen and turned the input shaft two full revolutions and it puts the output shaft over it's mark by 3 splines. Meaning it went over it's starting point by 3 splines. So does this tell you what I have?

Thanks

I didn't make it clear that both outputs shafts have to turn the same amount. Also I said that it had the locker, But I suspose that it ispossible that it uses the locker cases but doesn't have the internal locker stuff. The pin on the side locks the diff when it's pulled out but not too far. Try turning the two output shafts to see if they are locked together in the pin out position and not when the pin is in. Sounds like It's neither a Renegade nor a Trooper. The gear ratio is too high so it probably came out of one of the machines with a larger engine to pull the higher gearing. Call Casey at JMC 480-545-1693. Tell him what you found ond see what he says.

Lenny

would the trooper diff bolt into my commando? Or is the gear ratio different?

dont think it would work. I think rocmoc is suggesting that his trooper diff (if you were to swap with him) would be easier for you sell because there is more of a demand for them.He is looking for a renegade diff.

Yup that is what I am saying.

dont think it would work. I think rocmoc is suggesting that his trooper diff (if you were to swap with him) would be easier for you sell because there is more of a demand for them.He is looking for a renegade diff.

Yup that is what I am saying! Won't work in your Commando. Both the diffs use the same everything / parts but the ring & pinon.

rocmoc n AZ