Quantcast

2012 trans 4010 diesel cooling system trouble

rockzilla

Hello everyone,

My name is Rocky, I'm new to this forum and I have a 2012 Kawasaki Mule 4010 trans diesel. I just recently got this machine. And I love it. I worked and drove an older gas mule before and never ran into this problem...

Not long into the first ride the coolant light came on. I ran it a little longer and it continue to stay on. So I started reading about it and took a look at the cooling system. The supply and return line are long as hell and I assumed there was air in them. Well after many hours and gallons of coolant, it still comes on... I have tried parking on a hill, warming it up, I lifted the front end up with tl my overhead winch. Using the breather screw etc. It'll stay off and the fan will kick on when I'm driving up hill, but when I start descending... The light comes on and the fan won't work.

If anyone has any ideas, steps to a proper burping, or anything else I'd greatly appreciate it. Also just to be sure I got a new radiator cap, thermostat, and temperature sensor coming in.

Thanks

Diesel mules are an SOB to burp out. It can take up to 45 minutes to truly burp one out. #2, The diesel mule hates to get overheated. If, as you say, you kept driving agter the light came on, then I would go ahead and plan on replacing head gasket. 9 out 10 diesel mules that come to our shop that have been driven after the light came on, we find the head gasket craked.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By Steve Toney
      Hello, my name is Steve and just signing up.  Bought my first UTV yesterday.  It is a Massimo T-Boss 550.