Quantcast

Brake Pads & Clutch

rocmoc

Has anyone come up with an aftermarket,

BRAKE PAD?

CLUTCH?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I'm getting ready to redo my brake pads. Considering relining my existing pads. I used to do this for an industrial machine I developed years ago. Just need the time to address it but will have to sooner then later. Want to go to a high preformance ceramic material. Maybe I'll offer replacements pads. Could maybe make the pad material area larger which would increase life. It won't increase stopping power however as the stopping power is a function of the coeficient of friction of the pad material and the pressure per square inch on it. The larger the pad, the less pressure per squrare inch we get.

Lenny

Lenny, just remember with ceramic you have increased heat. With the cheezey rotors we have will they warp? I have had this problem on pickups before. If no one had address the pads I was going to look at Portfield"s stock inventory.

I am going to contact Daven the Joyner Dealer in Farmington, N.M. When I talked to him, he with the help of a friend had located a ProFiction Clutch replacement. I will post. Will be taking the trans to Phoenix after the first of the month. Working on the new shock locations at present. Mounts are made and I will be tig them tomorrow. I am taking pics. Boy do I have a lot of pics. I just need to get them upload. I haven't even uploaded them to the computer from the SanDisk. I just keep taking pics. As usual, too much going onl

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

All right had to find out myself so I will share with others.

Stage 1 clutch,

http://www.statracing.com/buy/cci/competit...-clutch-kit.asp

Stage 2 clutch,

http://thmotorsports.com/exedy-clutch/exed...it/g-50053.aspx

Best part is, Can you believe you can purchase a Stage 2 clutch on Amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/SPEC-SE022-Euro-Stag...h/dp/B000F1ZMXE

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Good work Rocmoc. When you go to Joyner, you might think about taking your clutch with you and try to match it up with something. Didn't you say you thought the engine was used in a Geo. I like the stage 2 clutch but which one do you buy. Phoenix is large enough that they could very well have a clutch shop there.

Try http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.micros...181045076026421

Lenny

Hey Rick,

How much are those upgraded stage 1 and stage 2 clutches costing? Theres plenty of people that look for those things but nobody can ever figure out what clutches they use. I have heard that the clutches are actually similar to that of a Geo Metro but not positive on that.

Silverbullet.

Sorry i did not get back to you sooner.The stage1 375. Stage 2 395, The stock clutch is about 300.We have instaled both in our test trooper

and they work great. Bearing is 18.00 extra.You will have to cut the flywheel .Joyner dose not sell parts to the public any more.Please

tell the forum.We have a large parts dept.We ship all over the world.

SilverBullet,

How about that clutch info? Still don't understand where or how or what gives the different torque numbers.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Silverbullet.

TOTALLY TOUGH! Silver bullet motorsports Duty Pressure Plates provide increased torque capacity, durability, and extended clutch life. What makes

Silver bullet motorsports the highest standard in the industry? First, manufacturing always begins with new units. Silver bullet motorsports are not rebuilt from worn out parts. Second, pressure is increased the right way. Altering the geometry alone is not enough. Instead,Silver bullet motorsports engineers a stronger diaphragm. diaphragms are heat-treated using an exclusive 3-stage process and the release bearing contact area is hardened to reduce wear. Third,Silver bullet motorsports designs the pressure and release travel of the unit to be in the optimum working range. Finally, Silver bullet motorsports assures consistency and precision by using proven assembly procedures. Every unit Silver bullet motorsports produces is accurately balanced and tested. No guesswork, no hype, only proven engineering and calculated results for every Silver bullet motorsports.Heavy Duty and Xtreme Pressure Plate. Most Silver bullet motorsports ,pressure plates are made to last.

Talked with Daven, the guy I met at the UTV Rally in Moab, and the replacement clutch from Progressive Performance did not work. So the only aftermarket replacement I have heard or read is Silverbullet's. I am not going to touch the flywheel so Silverbullet's is not an option for me. I have a Hypo classic car that also has that option and I am glad I stayed with the stock clutch from personal experience. Silverbullet, Just My Humble Opinion, JMHO! I am not going to get into the Technical reasons but as an Engineer & Racer, I have them. Daven also confirmed that Joyner is only selling parts thu the local dealers per instructions from the new owners, not impressed with the first action for the new owners!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Talked with Daven, the guy I met at the UTV Rally in Moab, and the replacement clutch from Progressive Performance did not work. So the only aftermarket replacement I have heard or read is Silverbullet's. I am not going to touch the flywheel so Silverbullet's is not an option for me. I have a Hypo classic car that also has that option and I am glad I stayed with the stock clutch from personal experience. Silverbullet, Just My Humble Opinion, JMHO! I am not going to get into the Technical reasons but as an Engineer & Racer, I have them. Daven also confirmed that Joyner is only selling parts thu the local dealers per instructions from the new owners, not impressed with the first action for the new owners!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

They are trying to make the dealers of Joyner,s like all power sports dealers.You cant buy parts

direct from honda or polaris .We sell parts for 5% off list price.Sorry JOHO you are missing out on a great clutch.The flywheel needs to be

cut with a flywheel grinder.Now i no why you know so much its nice to talk to some one with your experance.

But with other brands you have choices, Aftermarket, internet suppliers and cross products. We have no where to turn but to except whatever product or price put before us. Not good when you are trying to compete in today's market with other brands. 5% off a $300 stock clutch is still overpriced when I can buy a Hypo clutch for a Mustang for less. I was asked yesterday by a friend who has a Rhino if he should buy a Trooper. I had to tell him honestly I don't know if I would purchase again. Too many ducks in a row against the purchase and this in my mind is another. You can't tell me it even cost Joyner $100 to manufacture and import the $300 clutch. 200% profit is a bit much for a Chinese manufactured product. Maybe Joyner needs to sale thu Walmart to see what the real profit/markup is. Sorry but I am a bit ticked over paying $300 for a $100 clutch.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

But with other brands you have choices, Aftermarket, internet suppliers and cross products. We have no where to turn but to except whatever product or price put before us. Not good when you are trying to compete in today's market with other brands. 5% off a $300 stock clutch is still overpriced when I can buy a Hypo clutch for a Mustang for less. I was asked yesterday by a friend who has a Rhino if he should buy a Trooper. I had to tell him honestly I don't know if I would purchase again. Too many ducks in a row against the purchase and this in my mind is another. You can't tell me it even cost Joyner $100 to manufacture and import the $300 clutch. 200% profit is a bit much for a Chinese manufactured product. Maybe Joyner needs to sale thu Walmart to see what the real profit/markup is. Sorry but I am a bit ticked over paying $300 for a $100 clutch.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Silverbullet.

My clutch is made in USA.

When I purchased my clutch, I found out there are now two different clutches. The newer Troopers take a clutch that has diff springs & plastic clips (I would have concerns about plastic that close to a heat source) and the older (which I have) has the metal clips.

Lenny, I also got new brake pads. At $6 a corner, not hardly worth looking for another or bonding a new surface to the backing plates. The pads don't have alot of meat on them but mine lasted nearly two years so it is something I can deal with. Pads are about the only deal thus far!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

When I purchased my clutch, I found out there are now two different clutches. The newer Troopers take a clutch that has diff springs & plastic clips (I would have concerns about plastic that close to a heat source) and the older (which I have) has the metal clips.

Lenny, I also got new brake pads. At $6 a corner, not hardly worth looking for another or bonding a new surface to the backing plates. The pads don't have alot of meat on them but mine lasted nearly two years so it is something I can deal with. Pads are about the only deal thus far!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yes the new clutch has plastic clips.Thats a no no.I can check and see if we have the old style.That plastic melts under heavy use.

Silverbullet

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks rocmoc, for $6 a corner, I'll buy them.

Lenny

• 10 months later...

Silverbullet.

We now sell a new stock clutch.It is made in japan and has a better metrial on the disc.The springs are heavy duty no plastic in the disc.Quality is far better than the stock clutch from China.It is less expenesive then the stock clutch from joyner 195.00.The keliver is what works best on the turbo trooper renegades Vipers.If you just want a replacement clutch this is the clutch for you.We have decided to make the forged pistons stock and low compression for the turbos & none turbos we will carry total seal rings and a good quality stock rings We cant get rings or pistons from the dealer.On brake pads we will carry CU SINTERED METAL PADS for Troopers Vipers.A good all around pad stops better and last longer.Coming soon 3 to 6 weeks out.

Hope you have a great season.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Silverbullet.

We now sell a new stock clutch.It is made in japan and has a better metrial on the disc.The springs are heavy duty no plastic in the disc.Quality is far better than the stock clutch from China.It is less expenesive then the stock clutch from joyner 195.00.The keliver is what works best on the turbo trooper renegades Vipers.If you just want a replacement clutch this is the clutch for you.We have decided to make the forged pistons stock and low compression for the turbos & none turbos we will carry total seal rings and a good quality stock rings We cant get rings or pistons from the dealer.On brake pads we will carry CU SINTERED METAL PADS for Troopers Vipers.A good all around pad stops better and last longer.Coming soon 3 to 6 weeks out.

Hope you have a great season.

I am interested in the forged pistons how much will the low compression ones lower the ratio as my trooper has a turbo? And what is the pricing?