Quantcast

Farmingtion, New Mexico - June 11-14, 2010

rocmoc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarrad ,

You are coming to Farmington? OR building your Trooper? OR building your Trooper & coming to Farmington? Would be great to have you at Farmington! Bring spare parts, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

We are building a trooper for farmington, I will be heading up there with it on thursday should arrive sometime on friday the 11th I will bring some common break parts.. 850 miles is a long drive to breakdown :)

We are building a trooper for farmington, I will be heading up there with it on thursday should arrive sometime on friday the 11th I will bring some common break parts.. 850 miles is a long drive to breakdown :)

Are there any sand dunes out there? I am thinking of talking the boss into letting me bring the Joyner SR2 sandrail as a back up just incase.. if it does not sell before then

Jarrad

Directions to camping:

From downtown Farmington Hwy 64 heads West out of town. Near town edge and just West of the Airport take Hwy 170 North/Right to Pinon Hills Road, just north of the Airport, and turn East/Right. Continue East to Glade Road & turn North/Left. Glade Road parallels a wash into the Glades off-road area. We will place a sign & small orange cone on Glade Road where we turn off to camp. All this is easily viewed on Google Earth at 36deg 46' 44.20"N, 108deg 12'22.80"W. This is a general location to view in advance. Watch for signs & cones. We will be the large White Toyhauler/Fifth Wheel trailer without decals except a round Red SCCA Decal and the #6 near the rear on both sides. Tow vehicle is a Silver Dodge Ram. We should arrive early afternoon the 11th. We will have internet service and can be reached until we depart from Albuquerque in the morning of the 11th.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

MORE!

I am also going to use ORANGE flagging/surveying tape and tie pieces along the way from the Blacktop Road / Pinon Hills Rd to the campsite. Watch for the pieces of ORANGE hanging / flapping on Glade road. I will place multiple pieces at each turn. I should be there around noon on Friday! Weather is showing warm, in low 90's during the daytime and 50's at night. I will have a list of Wifi hotspots for Farmington with me.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Spoke to Daven, the Farmington Joyner Dealer, yesterday and he is meeting us at the begining of Glade Road Friday. We will mark the route to the camp with the ORANGE flagging. Currently in Corrales, NM. and will move on to Chama, NM. Wednesday. Leave for Farmington Friday morning which is only a couple hours drive at that point. It has been HOT here but the weekend forecast is looking GREAT!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Spoke to Daven, the Farmington Joyner Dealer, yesterday and he is meeting us at the begining of Glade Road Friday. We will mark the route to the camp with the ORANGE flagging. Currently in Corrales, NM. and will move on to Chama, NM. Wednesday. Leave for Farmington Friday morning which is only a couple hours drive at that point. It has been HOT here but the weekend forecast is looking GREAT!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Just got a call from the guy out there, My campin permit is in thier office waiting on me to pick it up, so I am all set just need my orv permit and good as gold

Guest Lenny

Have Trooper ready. didn't get a few things done like the fabric top made but did a temperary one to keep the sun out. New tie rod ball joints got rid of steering slop. Fixed a rear axel problem. Built a fire wall behind the seat. Don't know if I'll have time to to make a sound cover for my intake filter. Super charger noise comes right up through the intake piping and intake is behind and above the drivers seat. Kindy of noisy but I can live with that for now if I have to. Didn't get time to change out the compouter to one that I can set up myself but Trooper is running OK except for an occasional cutout but not a real problem. Doesn't look like a Trooper anymore. Got a feeling that these trails are going to try and brake our machines. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Should be there Friday evening. Trooper Jamboreeeeee #2

Lenny

Have Trooper ready. didn't get a few things done like the fabric top made but did a temperary one to keep the sun out. New tie rod ball joints got rid of steering slop. Fixed a rear axel problem. Built a fire wall behind the seat. Don't know if I'll have time to to make a sound cover for my intake filter. Super charger noise comes right up through the intake piping and intake is behind and above the drivers seat. Kindy of noisy but I can live with that for now if I have to. Didn't get time to change out the compouter to one that I can set up myself but Trooper is running OK except for an occasional cutout but not a real problem. Doesn't look like a Trooper anymore. Got a feeling that these trails are going to try and brake our machines. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Should be there Friday evening. Trooper Jamboreeeeee #2

Lenny

Anybody plan on any night time runs?

We are in Chama, NM about two hours East of Farmington on Hwy 64. We are doing a daytrip to Durango, CO & Pagosa Springs, CO tomorrow. Drove over a mountain range today from Taos, Elevation was 10,557' at the summit per our GPS. This was the highest elevation I have ever driven, KOOOOOL! Having a problem with our gen, it will not stay running. Will try to correct also tomorrow or friday or we are living off batteries at the Glade. No AC!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I am oldish! I am a sleep by 9pm and I'm not kidding. I will listen to the stories in the morning.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Oh come now, you can break the rules once or twice right? :)

On a side note, I talked to a Nicole at the plce that does the ohv permits today and got mine, said her and her husband are going to try to make it out

Guest Lenny

We are in Chama, NM about two hours East of Farmington on Hwy 64. We are doing a daytrip to Durango, CO & Pagosa Springs, CO tomorrow. Drove over a mountain range today from Taos, Elevation was 10,557' at the summit per our GPS. This was the highest elevation I have ever driven, KOOOOOL! Having a problem with our gen, it will not stay running. Will try to correct also tomorrow or friday or we are living off batteries at the Glade. No AC!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

If it won't stay running it is probably a gas supply problem. Check gas flow to generator by removing hose and watching flow. Then check gas filter and lastly remove carb and clean. You probably already know all this. Jeanne and I will think cool for you.

Lenny

Weather is looking really favorable for the weekend. See ya tomorrow.

I will check-in in the morning before we leave as that will end our Internet access.

We carry 5 batteries so we will be fine. Check the Gen this morning and it ran fine. Hopefully it will do the same in Farmington.

We are just laying around and resting from our daytrip.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Last post until possibly a wifi hotspot in Farmington.

Talked to Kinarfi last night and he was trying to find a better campsite for us. The first one had too much soft sand for the big rigs. I made a suggestion and he was going to call Daven. We will see in about 3 hours.

Reminder:

I will tie ORANGE flagging to the campsite starting at Glade Rd & Pinon Hills Rd. long the length of Glade Road to the campsite.

SEE YA ALL THERE!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hi all,

I don't know if you are aware of it, but there is an OHV Open House going on Saturday, June 12th over at The Dunes on the Bisti Hwy, just going south out of Farmington. I runs from 9am till 3pm. There are going to be dealers there with demo machines, different agencies that oversee OHVing in NM and some good riding.

Come over and check it out since you all are going to be in Farmington.

Also, keep in mind, Saturday, June 12th, in the Glade, there is going to be the Midnight Madness MtnBike Ride for Childhaven Charity. So keep your eyes out for bike riders, lets not have any conflicts, just good times and good fun.

Hope to see you all this weekend...

Darryl

First, I would like to thank Daven, Did a wonderful job of leading us around and having places to go.

Next, I want to thank Jared for his mechanical expertise, I think we all benefited from his presence.

Next, thanks to every one for making it a good get together. And lastly,

Here's my contribution of photos and videos, http://news.webshots.com/album/577959293IoRgvY

Kinarfi -- Got a couple photos to add here that need some writing done on them, will add as an edit when I get it done.

First, I would like to thank Daven, Did a wonderful job of leading us around and having places to go.

Next, I want to thank Jared for his mechanical expertise, I think we all benefited from his presence.

Here's my contribution of photos and videos, Jamboree 2 - Kinarfi pictures, photos, and videos, from current events on webshots

Kinarfi -- Got a couple photos to add here that need some writing done on them, will add as an edit when I get it done.

2574814790104110397QmClZq_th.jpg

Thats a oops

Here's my contribution of photos and videos, Jamboree 2 - Kinarfi pictures, photos, and videos, from current events on webshots

On the way home, stopped at the top of Kane Creek out of Moab and went down the trail, coming out, I got stuck on some rocks. I'm rather proud of the winch attach point I found. I think I would have waited a day or so before anyone came along. The only other possible winch points were big rocks above the trail and they may have pulled down blocking the trail even more, or worse yet, slid down and pushed me over the edge. :(

Another comment about the winch, used it once before and was not impressed, had a nearly full spool the first time and an empty spool this time, gave the winch about 3 or 4 time the pulling power with the empty spool.

2277928490104110397qSfmKP_th.jpg 2497342440104110397QzYNzx_th.jpg 2496064750104110397RhDkeS_th.jpg 2451883970104110397SSBNSE_th.jpg 2801947770104110397DkqmKG_th.jpg

On the way home, stopped at the top of Kane Creek out of Moab and went down the trail, coming out, I got stuck on some rocks. I'm rather proud of the winch attach point I found. I think I would have waited a day or so before anyone came along. The only other possible winch points were big rocks above the trail and they may have pulled down blocking the trail even more, or worse yet, slid down and pushed me over the edge. :(

Another comment about the winch, used it once before and was not impressed, had a nearly full spool the first time and an empty spool this time, gave the winch about 3 or 4 time the pulling power with the empty spool.

2277928490104110397qSfmKP_th.jpg 2497342440104110397QzYNzx_th.jpg 2496064750104110397RhDkeS_th.jpg 2451883970104110397SSBNSE_th.jpg 2801947770104110397DkqmKG_th.jpg

Kinarfi<

How did the power steering work out?

Guest Lenny

Like your wedged rock approach, good thinking, I'll remember that one.

Lenny