Quantcast

Joyner is alive and well

rocmoc

Closed, gone, no more. Left everyone hanging, did not even tell the dealers. What Joyner Toys remained at HQ were sent to Auction and the building was raped clean of everything. A formally notice is suppose to be made this week and officially closed nest week. Not to worry as most parts can be found, only area of concern as expressed by Lenny and I agree, are the Diffs. More important than ever to take care of them and possibly upgrade if needed with Lenny's Diff Kit. We all now have Collectibles. Life moves on and our Troopers are still fun.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found the surplus Joyners form HQ for sale on Ebay. Troopers are listed in the $7,000. They have also listed some parts so if there is something you need check Ebay. I made a offer on a couple of wheels and was rejected. I also notice the big Joyner Dealer in Texas must have been given a heads up because they have lowered the prices on their modified Joyners, a lot! Looks like everyone is trying to dump their stock before the public finds out and they are stuck with it. Sad!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Just found the surplus Joyners form HQ for sale on Ebay. Troopers are listed in the $7,000. They have also listed some parts so if there is something you need check Ebay. I made a offer on a couple of wheels and was rejected. I also notice the big Joyner Dealer in Texas must have been given a heads up because they have lowered the prices on their modified Joyners, a lot! Looks like everyone is trying to dump their stock before the public finds out and they are stuck with it. Sad!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I have been checking ebay every couple days or so since I purchased my trooper and there has been a few more Joyners as well as parts listed recently but really not that many.The place I purchased mine from in December has listed a few more than what he had on there a few days ago.He is the one you will find listing in Phoenix.

I feel OK about it, of coarse wished it wasn't so. I bought my Trooper for the long run. It still comes closest to what I prefer to have then the other stuff out there. Besides my Trooper isn't too much like stock anymore. It's still just as much fun and still provides lots of opportunity for improvement which I truly enjoy doing. Probably shouldn't do hole shots anymore, don't want to bust things. I never did that anyway. If there are enough request for diff upgrade kits, i'll go ahead and make up another batch. I havn't done it because they are sort of expensive to put together and most of the forum members that wanted them have them. Didn't want to get stuck with a lot of kits. They would be $135 per diff this time.

Lenny

I have been checking ebay every couple days or so since I purchased my trooper and there has been a few more Joyners as well as parts listed recently but really not that many.The place I purchased mine from in December has listed a few more than what he had on there a few days ago.He is the one you will find listing in Phoenix.

I have been at Joyner Tuesday and the doors are still open but not for long. They are taking inventory on Friday. I have purchased a bunch of parts. If you talk to Allan he will give you a deal on parts if he has lots of the part in stock. Toy Junkies is also buying up a bunch of parts.TOYJUNKIES phone number is 480-813-0273. 3164 S Country Club Dr. Mesa AZ, 85210. He said he will be trying to change over sensors part number to USA numbers. Seems like a very nice guy and said he would help us out. You can still buy parts internationally, UK is one of them. They also said that there was someone looking at the place but are not saying too much about it. I hope this information will help you out. I am lucky as they are about a 1 and 1/2 away from my winter home. Snowbird

I have been at Joyner Tuesday and the doors are still open but not for long. They are taking inventory on Friday. I have purchased a bunch of parts. If you talk to Allan he will give you a deal on parts if he has lots of the part in stock. Toy Junkies is also buying up a bunch of parts.TOYJUNKIES phone number is 480-813-0273. 3164 S Country Club Dr. Mesa AZ, 85210. He said he will be trying to change over sensors part number to USA numbers. Seems like a very nice guy and said he would help us out. You can still buy parts internationally, UK is one of them. They also said that there was someone looking at the place but are not saying too much about it. I hope this information will help you out. I am lucky as they are about a 1 and 1/2 away from my winter home. Snowbird

Just spoke to the place I mentioned I purchased mine from.I guess this guy has been over there about every day and has purchased near all the assembled stock they had.I too have been in contact with Alan at Joyner last week and he was quick to respond but since Friday he has not returned calls or emails.

A Dealer I know was able to get a hold of his Sales Rep. He was told that another Company was buying Joyner and moving it to a location in Southern USA. The Sales Rep could not share anymore than that. I shared with this Dealer to be cautious with his money as this new Company maybe just after the Intellectual Property and will junk everything else. IMHO, I still think they are gone! If you plan on keeping a Company alive you don't do it in the matter that has occurred, in the dark of the night. This was not transparent to the Dealers or the Customer Base. This was about money to the other Companies at the expense of Joyner. I have seen this too many times when I was in the Corporate World.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

A Dealer I know was able to get a hold of his Sales Rep. He was told that another Company was buying Joyner and moving it to a location in Southern USA. The Sales Rep could not share anymore than that. I shared with this Dealer to be cautious with his money as this new Company maybe just after the Intellectual Property and will junk everything else. IMHO, I still think they are gone! If you plan on keeping a Company alive you don't do it in the matter that has occurred, in the dark of the night. This was not transparent to the Dealers or the Customer Base. This was about money to the other Companies at the expense of Joyner. I have seen this too many times when I was in the Corporate World.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

It's not unusual for a troubled company to make efforts to sell out to someone. If there is something going on with a buyer, I suspect that someone sees this as a fire sale and hopes to pick up the line for cents on the dollar. Personally if I was younger and had the money I once had, I would be interested in the fire sale. I would shrink the line down to 3 or 4 models and produce a quality product. The Joyner concept is great, the buggys do a good job and fill a nitch that the others don't fill. For example the T2 with a 1600 or 2000cc engine and a good low range 2nd drive and really good suspension along with good workmanship and structural corrections would do a lot. It would be great in the sand dunes and scoot around and up most anything with a good set of paddles, power slide whenever you choose. It would be a great rock crawler especially with higher clearance and the low range. It would be a riot on the tight trails and quick, again power sliding out of the corners and screaming through the desert rough trails. It would be a good bit of everything and easily as good as any of the other UTVs with lots of mods for any of these particular activities. The difference is that it could do all of them without mods except for changing tires. It's always fun to dream about what could be done. Face it, any of the UTVs that really preform have a tonof money put in them anyway. Just sell a $18,000 unit that works and last.

Lenny

Our dealer here called us back, Joyner showed up last week and wanted a check for the unit"s" they had in stock when the dealer said no they loaded up and left. They didn't know what was happening until our call.

Dealer called back , he got ahold of someone and was told the company was being sold not to worry. All I can say is we're lucky to have our guys here and this site.

Just talked to a dealer I work with in Cedar City, Ut. They spoke with joyner today and and were pretty frank with them when asking what was going on. She was assured that Joyner will still be there and that they were cutting back on space and employees. This is a good dealer that has been selling joyners about as fast as they could get them. Right now there showroom is empty and they are waiting for more. 60 day floor plan is no longer available. So, another version to the story. I guess time will tell. I don't have my hopes up but the dealer said they felt very confident after their talk with joyner. Joyner sait they would put that in writing and send it off to them. Go figure. We should know within a couple of weeks what the final outcome is.

Lenny

Closed, gone, no more. Left everyone hanging, did not even tell the dealers. What Joyner Toys remained at HQ were sent to Auction and the building was raped clean of everything. A formally notice is suppose to be made this week and officially closed nest week. Not to worry as most parts can be found, only area of concern as expressed by Lenny and I agree, are the Diffs. More important than ever to take care of them and possibly upgrade if needed with Lenny's Diff Kit. We all now have Collectibles. Life moves on and our Troopers are still fun.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

This is not true. I just talked with Joyner today and they assured me that they do not intend to close. There has been some down sizing and liquidating of (09) inventory but the utv company is still intact and getting ready for the 2010 season.

This is not true. I just talked with Joyner today and they assured me that they do not intend to close. There has been some down sizing and liquidating of (09) inventory but the utv company is still intact and getting ready for the 2010 season.

I've been trying to get in touch with Joyner since yesterday, no response.

I've been trying to get in touch with Joyner since yesterday, no response.

We talked with them three times today. I was told that they are restructuring and down sizing. They are not moving the tempe based operation and have renegotiated their lease. We all no these are tough times so lets hope they pull through, and not jump to any conclusions. I love being a dealer and have had very good success with this product I would hate to see it go away.

Later Ed

I just call and spoke to a gentleman who has T2's listed on Ebay, he purchased these units from the Bank there is no warranty. I asked him if Joyner was out of business and he wasn't sure however he was told that 2009 was the last model year for Joyner.

Was this guy in Phoenix? if so it was the one i mentioned earlier who has been at joyner buying their assembled stock of everything,his name is John,I was told this morning besides the number he already has in stock that he purchased recently from joyner he has another shipment coming on friday of 15 units or more.

Was this guy in Phoenix? if so it was the one i mentioned earlier who has been at joyner buying their assembled stock of everything,his name is John,I was told this morning besides the number he already has in stock that he purchased recently from joyner he has another shipment coming on friday of 15 units or more.

He is in Phoenix but this gentleman told me he bought these directly from the bank not Joyner. They are new but no warranty since they didn't come from Joyner. he stressed the fact that they were not from Joyner.

He was really nice and helpful.

Hey guys, first of all glad to see the site back up. Cheers admin, I know what you must of been going through. I would hate to loose all this information we as a team have gather since day one but more over, contact with people I consider friends, even though I have never meet any of you.

I have had a couple of emails on the situation but by no means pretend to fully know what's going on. What I do know is this is not very nice times for Joyner owners, dealers and imports like me so the best advice I can give is, to just wait for the dust to settle. It might be 3 or 4 days might also be months. Right now, we don't full understand what's going on. What I can add is, in the worst case scenario, if no one full's the void left by TJ USA (in my opinion this wont happen) the manufacture still has worldwide commitments separate to the Team Joyner franchise. Joyner is huge in Spain and England with growing markets in Portugal, Germany and France. We are independent here in New Zealand as is Australia but the biggest market by a country mile is the USA and Canada.

The manufacture is not going away so that means spare parts will continue. Going back to the worst case scenario, if no new importer stepped up to the mark in the States, I could use my contacts to send spare parts directly to current dealers only, at cost until someone took control.

I'm sure between me and the dealers on UTV Boards we will source any spare part you need, but lets just wait until things settle down.

I have a sneaky suspicion all will be fine.

This is what we say out here when the shite hits the fan..."Bugger", so "Bugger", but all is not lost.

Cheers Mike.

He is in Phoenix but this gentleman told me he bought these directly from the bank not Joyner. They are new but no warranty since they didn't come from Joyner. he stressed the fact that they were not from Joyner.

He was really nice and helpful.

His adds on ebay in bold letters say "FACTORY BLOW OUT PRICES".Whatever the case might be Joyner has droped prices on the items they had on ebay in the ATV Parts section.

The plot continues. Just spoke with a dealer near Phoenix which was at Joyner a day or two ago. He said that the place was pretty much empty and that they were even moving the desks out as they were sold. He seemed to think that they are done. Just another piece to the puzzle.

Lenny

IPLEX, is out of business as of November last year. Pulled down by the economy and an interest they had with Chrysler that went bad. So T.J USA as we know it is a gone Burger. They are trying the un-load as much stock & parts as they can before the courts put a freeze on there assets. Be careful of buying anything through their E-bay store or over the phone. Once they have your money you are in limbo until you receive the products. If the courts intervene in-between receiving your $ and sending it out, you will have to stand in line to get it back. Order directly through your local dealers or go down to H.Q and exchange money for goods on the spot. Support your dealer because he is the one that is still trying to stay in business and they will need turn over to stay that way.

Cheers Mike.

IPLEX, is out of business as of November last year. Pulled down by the economy and an interest they had with Chrysler that went bad. So T.J USA as we know it is a gone Burger. They are trying the un-load as much stock & parts as they can before the courts put a freeze on there assets. Be careful of buying anything through their E-bay store or over the phone. Once they have your money you are in limbo until you receive the products. If the courts intervene in-between receiving your $ and sending it out, you will have to stand in line to get it back. Order directly through your local dealers or go down to H.Q and exchange money for goods on the spot. Support your dealer because he is the one that is still trying to stay in business and they will need turn over to stay that way.

Cheers Mike.

How or will this effect TJ Canada? Are they in the same Boat? just curious.

How or will this effect TJ Canada? Are they in the same Boat? just curious.

Not knowing anything at all about TJ Canada's structure I will presume that they are part of TJ USA's franchise only and have no financial connections. That means all stock including spare parts would come though TJ USA. They very well might owe money for stock on hand in which case could be pulled in but that's only speculation.

They are not an independent importer but could be if they get on to it right now and would suggest it.

If no Corporation fills the void in the near future and you need spare parts that your dealer can no longer source, give them my contact details and I will put an order in on their behalf at no extra charge. That means I will pass on the cost rate only which is way cheaper than wholesale until there is a takeover.

If there is a USA based dealer that is interested in a bulk order of spare parts to tie things over for a short period contact me. The important thing is, the customers who brought a Joyner in good faith and the Joyner brand name it's self. Lets try and keep both healthy.

rocmoc, they were testing new diffs so will try and find out if they are on the production line yet or were.

brostar, source for the diffs is number 1 priority. And what happen to those other gear ratios sets. Were they ever made and if they were, where are they?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Done, and I've sent an email to you. The Diffs were at TJ USA and have been secured. I will have contact details to pass on for those interested hopefully soon, but wont post his name here so he does not receive emails before I have spoken to him. If he is happy to leave contact details on our website, then will do. If you would like his email address when I have it, contact me Mike at/ ... [email protected]

If you need parts please don't ask me to directly import something for you, as has happened. The answer will always be no. As much as I would love to do this, I simply can not. I'll only go through a USA or Canadian dealer so get them to contact me and I will explain to them, the procedure. This will only be available until the US and North American rights have been allocated.

Cheers Mike.