Quantcast

Joyner is alive and well

rocmoc

Good spotting plumber. It looks like they already make UTVs and in the past had a brand called a "Brister's ChuckWagon". Have not herd of them out here, so are they any good? The poster said, 'I hope they don't cheapen the brand'. What does he mean by that?

Cheers Mike.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good spotting plumber. It looks like they already make UTVs and in the past had a brand called a "Brister's ChuckWagon". Have not herd of them out here, so are they any good? The poster said, 'I hope they don't cheapen the brand'. What does he mean by that?

Cheers Mike.

I don't know but this is what I found cheapen v. , -ened , -ening , -ens . v.tr. To make cheap or cheaper. To lower in public estimation; debase or degrade: misconduct that cheapened a.

I don't know but this is what I found cheapen v. , -ened , -ening , -ens . v.tr. To make cheap or cheaper. To lower in public estimation; debase or degrade: misconduct that cheapened a.

I had a chuck wagon in my shop the other day, it was powered by a 340cc honda aircooled motor, it was more or less a overgrown go-cart, I thought myself that it was a turd, but who knows, I will call Jeff the US sales rep from TJUSA and get his take on this company and confirm weither they are going to be doing it or not..

Jarrad

I had a chuck wagon in my shop the other day, it was powered by a 340cc honda aircooled motor, it was more or less a overgrown go-cart, I thought myself that it was a turd, but who knows, I will call Jeff the US sales rep from TJUSA and get his take on this company and confirm weither they are going to be doing it or not..

Jarrad

Confirmed, They are thinking of calling themselves JMC, Parts will be rolling into the US within the month

Jarrad

We have a different take on the English language out here from you guys such as: You call a money belt a fanny pack. Don't do that here as a fanny is the front part of a woman's private parts. The word Chuck here means Vomit, Wagon means Station Wagon so would be laughed at if you drove a Vomit Station Wagon. No offence but it's just got an unfortunate name for NZ & Australia.

Moving forward, it sounds like American Motorsports are the new American franchise owners. Cheers for that Jarrad, so lets all get behind them, welcome them and get things up and running again.

Cheers Mike

This isnt good, I sure hope someone else does take the Us line and that its not all talk. This was my biggest fear when purchasing a China made product. It have alot of fun with it but I have had issues most of the time out. I got back from a ride last night and the dr rear shock blew out and the tire hit the fender and cracked it. Not sure what im going to do about fixing it now

This isnt good, I sure hope someone else does take the Us line and that its not all talk. This was my biggest fear when purchasing a China made product. It have alot of fun with it but I have had issues most of the time out. I got back from a ride last night and the dr rear shock blew out and the tire hit the fender and cracked it. Not sure what im going to do about fixing it now

Both my rear fenders have been cracked for over a year now and all I've done is tack them back together with some gorilla glue, aluminum and rivets. So far their still holding together. I am planning on replacing the fenders with some semi-truck mud flaps. I've already added fender extensions using mud flaps and they work great, so I figure just replacing the entire fender the same way will work as well.

Just got done talking to Casey that uses to work for Joyner he said that two or three weeks a place called joyner motor co will be opening to sell parts he said there web page will be up in a couple of days he went to work for them on monday

Aye same company as the chuckwagon, It will be about a month and a half before parts start rolling into the US

Just got done talking to Casey that uses to work for Joyner he said that two or three weeks a place called joyner motor co will be opening to sell parts he said there web page will be up in a couple of days he went to work for them on monday

sounds good.I will be down his way this weekend and have plans on hooking up with him.Hope to pick up some extra parts.

does this mean they will be hosting/repping the Joyner line in the US or are they only going to be a parts supplier ?

What I was told is that they will air freight in the higher wear items first. Then ship over new 2010 units as soon as epa certs are complete. So to answer your question yes they are starting back up again.

Ed

I just spoke with the dealer in Wickenburg, AZ and he says that they are getting a new facility after being closed down. He says that some of the ex-TJ employees bought out the company after the previous owner left, and that they will be up and running in a few weeks... It sounds good, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I just spoke with the dealer in Wickenburg, AZ and he says that they are getting a new facility after being closed down. He says that some of the ex-TJ employees bought out the company after the previous owner left, and that they will be up and running in a few weeks... It sounds good, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

New parts coming into the states are a month to a month and a half out and buggies will not hit US soil untill mid to late summer..

• 4 weeks later...

hi everybody i am justin teeter a mechanic at a joyner dealer in arizona. i have been in direct contact with the usa distributions office in pheonix and joyner is not going out of buisness, a private busnessman out of germany baught the whole company with cash. that means no loans from banks or anything so you will expect to see the new website soon and in 3-6 months they are going to start producing the entire joyner line again including the LS2 and SR2 and the SR5 sand runners. and i belive they are bringing in a 1600cc trooper as well like they did with the sand viper. but when the new line comes out they are being completely redesighned instead of having a chinese desighn

hi everybody i am justin teeter a mechanic at a joyner dealer in arizona. i have been in direct contact with the usa distributions office in pheonix and joyner is not going out of buisness, a private busnessman out of germany baught the whole company with cash. that means no loans from banks or anything so you will expect to see the new website soon and in 3-6 months they are going to start producing the entire joyner line again including the LS2 and SR2 and the SR5 sand runners. and i belive they are bringing in a 1600cc trooper as well like they did with the sand viper. but when the new line comes out they are being completely redesighned instead of having a chinese desighn

Hi Justin, Welcome to the forum, hope you can hang around and do some enlightening of some of us. You have probably read some of the stuff here, so you can see we like helping each other.

Kinarfi

Hi Justin, thanks for the info. Totally different from what I thought was going on. Dealers around the globe must be very excited about this news. After all, everybody that has been involved with the Joyner brand on the wholesale & retail side, was first attracted by the design and features Joyner models have. For me it was the full automotive engine and transmission with a manual gearbox in the 3 Joyner UTVs that stood out. The first manufacture to break the CVT Motorbike mould.

All the big Japanese & American UTV brands and Chinese knock offs are also big Motorbike and ATV brands and they are using the only technology they know and that would be a 1 or 2 piston CVT Motorbike engine with only 4 to 8 valves that are designed to drive 1 or 2 wheels, have top end power and haul nothing. Not 4wd and lots of low end power with added weight to strain the engine components with up to 4 people on a machine that is already over weight.

A 1.6L Trooper would appeal to a lot of people and in my mind, would sell well. I would go a tab wider, longer and add 5" more ground clearance. I would also get the new design team (engineers) to consult with current Trooper owners right here on UTV Boards and have an on-going relationship with them and their UTVs. We already have a 3 year timeline on what fails and when.

I would like to see a 1.1L Renegade too. Improve the power(power is already impressive) and quality on the Renegades and I reckon it could be the number one selling out of all UTVs within 3 years and that includes the Trooper. Reason been is the Renegade is a work vehicle first but also a play vehicle. The Trooper in mainly recreational.

Connect German engineering and Joyner flair and what do you get? A well engineered machine that will take the abuse with good looks and, well, flair with the right formula for these off road vehicles. It's fair to say, "I'm excited about this news", and can't wait to see what rolls off the line six months from now.

Cheers Mike.

To all Members of the Joyner Forum. Joyner is Alive!!

JMC Motors has acquired the distribution rights for North, Central and South America for Joyner vehicles and parts. We are the exclusive distributor. We are opening a new parts distribution center in Chandler Az.. We have hired most of the key employees from Joyner, including Casey Strebe, Jeff Langseth, Kris Able. You can visit our web page at www.jmcmotors.us. You can order parts or speak to a technical consultant.

We plan to introduce the 2010 vehicle line up as soon as we receive the EPA certification, which is expected in July. We are committed to increasing the quality of the product and maintaining a full parts inventory as well as technical support for your vehicles. We have hired Ken Morris as the quality control and production manager in the factory. His job is to increase the quality of the vehicles that we sell. We will have some exciting new vehicles planned for 2011.

Some of the information posted by Justin is not accurate.The web site is up and running and there is no German businessman involved. My partners and I (all of us American) did put up the cash to restart the old Joyner. Please visit our web site (still under construction) or email us with any questions at [email protected]

If you have any questions, feel free to call me directly at 480.253.1419.

Jeff Craig

President

JMC Motors

JMC Motors has acquired the distribution rights for North, Central and South America for Joyner vehicles and parts. We are the exclusive distributor. We are opening a new parts distribution center in Chandler Az.. We have hired most of the key employees from Joyner, including Casey Strebe, Jeff Langseth, Kris Able. You can visit our web page at www.jmcmotors.us. You can order parts or speak to a technical consultant.

We plan to introduce the 2010 vehicle line up as soon as we receive the EPA certification, which is expected in July. We are committed to increasing the quality of the product and maintaining a full parts inventory as well as technical support for your vehicles. We have hired Ken Morris as the quality control and production manager in the factory. His job is to increase the quality of the vehicles that we sell. We will have some exciting new vehicles planned for 2011.

Some of the information posted by Justin is not accurate.The web site is up and running and there is no German businessman involved. My partners and I (all of us American) did put up the cash to restart the old Joyner. Please visit our web site (still under construction) or email us with any questions at [email protected]

Jeff Craig

President

JMC Motors

Thank-you Jeff for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing the vehicles that you will be coming out with.

Cinda

Jeff Craig

President

JMC Motors

Hi Jeff, thanks for clearing that up. From day one when the news broke that TJ USA was going out of business there have been lots of rumors going around on what was going to happen. I herd a lot and indeed had been in contact with someone that was trying to put something together (could be one of your new partners). I have been guilty of passing on rumors too but at the end of the day its just human nature and Justin has just proved he is a human too. You have now finalized all the doubt we may have had so again thanks.

The fact that there is no German involvement doesn't deter what I said above, just replace American where I said German and I'll stand by what I said.

I will send you a PM shortly.

Cheers Mike.

• 3 months later...

Jeff Craig

President

JMC Motors

FOUND THIS,MAYBE WITH ALL THE DISCONTENT WE ALL SHOULD CALL.

• Like 1

Ken Morris, who is mentioned above as being hired as the quality control and production manager in the factory is one reason Joyner will succeed and will be the main reason that Joyner will become a Power force in the Powersports industry. It just shows that JMC is capable of making very sound decisions.

Cheers Mike.

Jeff Craig

President

JMC Motors FOUND THIS,MAYBE WITH ALL THE DISCONTENT WE ALL SHOULD CALL I'll be calling

Guest Lenny

Ken Morris, who is mentioned above as being hired as the quality control and production manager in the factory is one reason Joyner will succeed and will be the main reason that Joyner will become a Power force in the Powersports industry. It just shows that JMC is capable of making very sound decisions.

Cheers Mike.

Albeit hard, we need to be patient. What JMC took over was a mess. Inventory of parts were out of control. I went to the auction and saw for my self. Just why do you need to have 500-600 replacement brake lines in stock or 1500 brake calipers. Joyner USA didn't manage the business correctly. Way too much money into the wrong replacement parts while other stuff would get back ordered. JMC from what I understand tried to buy some of the inventory from the bank but was refused. Instead the bank had an auction and ended up giving away the stuff for nothing. I'm sure JMC would have bought more stuff at the auction but the lot sizes were just way too big for even the new distributor. At this stage they are surely going through money at a staggering pace. They just can't put on the badly needed help to assist them with the endless phone calls and other issues that need attending. They need a little time to crawl. It took JMC some time to get the vehicle certifications and they, I suspect, felt they couldn't get too deep in until they knew they were going to get the approvals. Parts are complicated from China. I've done a little dealing with them and they won't do anything unless it's at shipping container volumns. I myself am thankful that Casey is involved and that someone, in this case, JMC has stepped up to take on the challange. We could have very well still been waiting and wondering if anything was going to take place. The last thing that JMC needs at this stage is a frenzy of negative post and talk. I feel we need to support them full heartedly and only with our support will they stand a chance. We all wish things could go faster. This is a lot better then not having anybody trying to put it back together.

Lenny

• 6 years later...

Joyner USA IS in business. They were reestablished in 2011 under new management and have been selling new models of Joyner vehicles Sand Viper Trooper and Renegade only since 2011. The Renegade now has an 1100cc engine and runs great!

Checkout the new website at http://joyner-usa.com and keep us bookmarked and check back often for updates to our new online store.

For all your parts and accessories please contact our parts department directly Monday - Friday 9 am to 6 pm Arizona time at 480-882-9612

Thank you all for your continued support in the Joyner brand.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico