Quantcast

WTB trooper rear shock

ERV JR

If anyone has a stock rear shock that is good please let me know what you want for it. I blew one out on saturday and have a few more trips left this season and just cant swing the expense of aftermarket shocks at the time

I have a complete set of shocks available as I've upgraded to Kings last year. I have no idea what they're worth but I'm willing to trade them off. What I need is one of those new lever controlled 4 wheel drive lockers.

Did you get the kit from No Limits?

No he did not, I just got my 5 kits in last wed.. I have not sold any at the moment but hey when someone needs I got em.. sorry to hijack the thread.. but I also have that shock you need 817-695-1151 m-f 9-6 and sat 9-5

how much where they ? I heard from a friend that used to use them at his shop that they charge alot to ship and that in the end the kings arent much more .whats the price with coils

Looks like I paid $685 for shocks and springs 8/09, I did have to use limit straps, but they don't top or bottom out any more.

Looks like I paid $685 for shocks and springs 8/09, I did have to use limit straps, but they don't top or bottom out any more.

thats not too bad, where they they 12 inch 2.0's ? also what spring rates did you decide on? did you corner weight the trooper or just guess. howa the ride quality? much better ?

The is where I will be purchasing my Fox Shocks. Off Road Warehouse - Very knowledgeable! I think the shock guy is Brian at the San Diego Store. Not home at the moment so I am going from memory but these are the shocks I am replacing with. Off Road Warehouse - Shocks Fox Shocks 2.0 Fox Coil-Over Emulsion Shocks Fox Shocks 2.0&quot X 10.0&quot Emulsion Coil-Over # 980-99-004-A

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The is where I will be purchasing my Fox Shocks. Off Road Warehouse - Very knowledgeable! I think the shock guy is Brian at the San Diego Store. Not home at the moment so I am going from memory but these are the shocks I am replacing with. Off Road Warehouse - Shocks Fox Shocks 2.0 Fox Coil-Over Emulsion Shocks Fox Shocks 2.0&quot X 10.0&quot Emulsion Coil-Over # 980-99-004-A

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

that link shows a10 inch shock, is thta what you used I was thinking a 12 and straping it.. why not a resvior shock there is room ?

Guest Lenny

that link shows a10 inch shock, is thta what you used I was thinking a 12 and straping it.. why not a resvior shock there is room ?

10 inch shock is plenty. Flatbed used 8" and he knows more about suspension then any of us as that is what he did for years for the competitive track and offroad vehicles.

Lenny

Lenny is correct. The 10" is more than enough as the shock lays at an angle and the the swing arm travels the greater distance of 13+ inches. Stock is the 8" that Flatbed used but I relocated the mount on the swing arm for a better weight distribution to the swing arm and increased the travel distance of the shock thus the 10" shock. 12" would be too much as you will be out the sweet spot of the shock valving.

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

• 1 month later...

I have a complete set of shocks available as I've upgraded to Kings last year. I have no idea what they're worth but I'm willing to trade them off. What I need is one of those new lever controlled 4 wheel drive lockers.

How do you like the King shocks so far? Did you have to do any modifications to make them fit?

How do you like the King shocks so far? Did you have to do any modifications to make them fit?

The King shocks are great. I didn't have to do any modifications at all - just simply bolted them in. Depending on the riding I'm going to do, I adjust the nitrogen pressure before I head out. For example, if I'll be riding on hardpack I increase the pressure so I don't get as much roll cornering. For the rougher, cross country stuff, I lighten it up a bit. So far, I can honestly say it was well worth all the money ... and they were expensive!

I've had my T2 about 6 feet in the air .. unintentionally .. and it landed solidly, absorbing the impact and maintained control. The guys I was riding with were totally impressed.

The King shocks are great. I didn't have to do any modifications at all - just simply bolted them in. Depending on the riding I'm going to do, I adjust the nitrogen pressure before I head out. For example, if I'll be riding on hardpack I increase the pressure so I don't get as much roll cornering. For the rougher, cross country stuff, I lighten it up a bit. So far, I can honestly say it was well worth all the money ... and they were expensive!

I've had my T2 about 6 feet in the air .. unintentionally .. and it landed solidly, absorbing the impact and maintained control. The guys I was riding with were totally impressed.

Barry thanks for the info, what preasures are you adjusting too?

Greg

Barry thanks for the info, what preasures are you adjusting too?

Greg

When running on hardpack the fronts are at 200 # psi and the rears 265. Going cross country I drop the fronts to 175 and the rear to 240. This seems to work pretty good. Next I'm going to start experimenting with the spring preloads as soon as I figure out how to measure the set-up.