Quantcast

Southern Utah Jamboree - The next Get Together

Kinarfi

1062 miles for us.

Nope, no robbing of the Pot until the person shows up. You can give him your pot but mine stays until arrival.

rocmoc n AZ

Hard to the core.

Lenny

I know I'm awfully late, but here's another suggestion along the Idaho suggestion, Killpecker dunes and steamboat mountain north of Rock Springs, WY., east of Farson, WY.

Look it up on google earth and explore, I haven't been there for decades, but it was neat place when I rode a CZ and a Husky. Be sure to turn on the pictures that people submit and look at them.

2348610170104282158CfnLtv_th.jpg 2071280780104282158XUiRKP_th.jpg

Probably too far to go for most.

Kinarfi

Too Far Kinarfi for me. We have to be in Sun Valley, Id for the 4th of July. That is why we are so agreeable with Northern UT & ID locations. If not, with the future price of Diesel next summer we would not be going any further than So. Ut.

rocmoc n AZ

Thats what I am worried about.Gas is supposed to be around 4 bucks a gallon by then.Its already gone up .15 a gallon in the last couple weeks.

Too Far Kinarfi for me. We have to be in Sun Valley, Id for the 4th of July. That is why we are so agreeable with Northern UT & ID locations. If not, with the future price of Diesel next summer we would not be going any further than So. Ut.

rocmoc n AZ

Just looked at a map of the western states and I can see that Wyoming is a bit more east than most would consider feasible. Guess I'll just have to hook up with someone already up there some day and go see some of my old play grounds one of these days.

Already voted, but south of Moab type southern Utah sounds good to me. Hanksville area, but where ever is fine.

Kinarfi

Just looked at a map of the western states and I can see that Wyoming is a bit more east than most would consider feasible. Guess I'll just have to hook up with someone already up there some day and go see some of my old play grounds one of these days.

Already voted, but south of Moab type southern Utah sounds good to me. Hanksville area, but where ever is fine.

Kinarfi

I'm going to change my feeling about Idaho and go back to Hanksville, UT area. Looking at the weather for the last 3 years the average high was 90 degrees for middle of June. Also looking at the weather I think that March would be a good time to check it out. Still in the 60s daytime and 30s at night and little rain to flood us in. I'm going to plan on checking it out in March and anyone who wants to come can join in your welcome. I'm quite sure you Kinarfi will want to go. I've been wanting to go there for a long time anyway so if we don't use the site, I'm still going in March. If you remember my eariler post, the area is all canyon lands, trails are more old mining axcess trails and are not heavily traveled. In fact when I checked it in for about a mile or two in when coming back from blanding, there were no signe or tracks anywhere. It's sort of out in the middle of nowhere so there just isn't the local population to wear out the trails. Hanksville is fairly close for lodging so those like Cinda and George could have a place to stay. Besides Rocmoc has a hotel on wheels. We could run him off and convert his rig to group lodging..

Lenny

EDIT by Kinarfi

Probably nice enough to sleep out on a cot and use Rocmocs Shower. :D:lol:

OK, Southern Utah is selected as the NEXT Jamboree site for June 2011. NOW where do we camp? What trails? I would prefer a campground with Wifi and Paiute needs hotel/motel nearby. HELP!

Reason is trying to evenly minimize fuel cost for the majority of people, temp & highest number of votes.

Please post links to sites with info.

http://atvutah.com/trails.htm

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:B6jWTODufnQJ:atvtrailreviews.com/node/342+Hanksville,+UT+ohv&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://atvtrailreviews.com/node/304

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QBIf5u_paM4J:www.dmcphoto.com/Articles/Factory%2520Butte/index.html+Hanksville,+UT+ohv&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.camping-usa.com/campgrounds/utah/hanksville/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:neDa51VdaVsJ:www.tripleblaze.com/best/%3Fc%3D99+Hanksville,+UT+ohv&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Just a start. Somewhere in Southern Utah, maybe Hankesville if that is what people want.

I will go along with any of these areas.Like I said before my main concern was driving distance hopeing it would be within a 10-11 hour drive with the short time I have available but it seems like any of these areas would fall within that.Also like you mentioned rocmoc I dont want to spend the whole time on forest roads, it would be nice to have a choice with some more challenging trails to go on also.

Now that we have selected an area, Southern Utah, I don't think we need to jump to quickly select what trails to ride. I sujest that we all do what we can to review possible trails and that we decide on down th e road. I think we should set up a vote date on trails to ride for April 1, 2011. This gives those that want to physically check out trails by going and riding them a chance to do so. What do you think? Any sujestions should include weather expected for that time of year. Objective is to get cooler then in the past.

Lenny