Quantcast

Take Back Utah Rally August 28 salt Lake City

This affects all of us, please tell everyone you know about this. If you know anyone in the media we need coverage of this event.

Thanks-you,

Cinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du-AU6jADE8

Take Back Utah protects access to our public lands and defends the freedom of all American’s to explore and experience America’s Wild Places, while preserving America’s small town economies and rural lifestyles through responsible land use.

Take Back Utah

WHAT WE ARE ABOUT

1. We are focused on enacting public policy change at the federal government level to protect access to our public lands for all.

2. We serve as an inclusive and unifying voice to diverse groups of American's who want to access and experience America's Wild Places for themselves, regardless of age, ability or other factors that may be limiting.

3. We are a loud voice of truth about public land access issues – we speak with veracity to educate our fellow citizens and government officials about how today's "Wilderness" policies exclude most American's from having the ability to personally experience America's most wild places, as well as how these policies weaken the ability of America's small towns to survive.

Aug 28th Rally

Last year, 4000 outdoor enthusiasts and multiple users of public land from around the country gathered in Salt Lake to march on the capitol in protest of land restrictions placed on Utah’s public lands by the federal government. The protest ignited a string of events that has changed the course and direction of local and state leaders regarding the importance of public land access in the state.

Just some of the direct results of our collective efforts led to renewed support from the state on protecting county rights of way with the federal government. Legislators were emboldened by that show of support to create, debate and pass legislation that challenges the fed’s authority over federal lands and gives the state the power of eminent domain. The light from that rally has also cast a beam of hope across the west to surrounding states who are now undertaking similar rallies on their home turf. But as far as we have come in one year, there is still much more to do to bring this cause to national attention.

“We now know these protests work, we just have to turn up the volume to make our case to the whole nation” Rick Whiteside president of Take Back Utah. The 2010 parade and rally, scheduled for August 28th running from Liberty Park to the State Capital is in need of 10,000 people to show up in support of our cause, or face the fact that the current administration will substantially choke off our access to our historical lands in Utah and throughout the west.

Make Plans and tell your friends to clear their calendars and parade with us through downtown Salt Lake. It is the most important ATV / Jeep trip, horseback ride, mountain bike excursion you are likely to take in the next few years The parade is free to enter, and representatives from all groups that use public lands are encouraged to join us for this event. Showing up is the most important thing you can do. Staging begins on the 28th at 6 AM. 10:00 to 12:00 will be the parade and 12:30 to 1:30 the rally.