Quantcast

Going out for a Ride, Come Joyn Us

Kinarfi

Big hurdle, Toyhauler is road-worthy again. Greased the bearings yesterday and adjusted. I have one maintenance item for the Trooper (will preform today) and then everything else is cream. Some of the cream is a mount for the ice chest & small gas can. I would like to make the mount for the spare tire a little more secure. All three of these things aren't necessary for the trip so basically we well be ready after today. Just in time as our weather is finally turning cooler with a possibility of moisture. Need to load the trash trailer today also and make a run to the dump tomorrow. BUT I am excited to be soooooo close.

rocmoc n AZ

Finally new computer is up and running. Had some bad COP coils and a couple of miswires. Went to original coils and found wiring errors. Now into setting up tables and getting it running good. May not have totally tuned for Trip but should be running fine just the same. This is getting exciting. The control I have over everything in the commputer is great. Program has sort of like little sliders that I can slide up or down. For example one side of the scale might be temperature and the other RPMs. There is a scale for everything like all settings for cranking, startup. wormup, and all levels of running including throttle position. I can watch a whole bunch of gauges on the laptop and see exactely what is happening and what adjustments are needed. If it hessitates when I hit the throttle and It's 50 degrees out and the engine coolant is at 120 degrees, I'm going 35 MPH, uphill, I can make an aduustment to fix it. Now just need to learn the fine points of adjusting for best torque and the proformance I'm looking for.

Rocmoc, need to set up details of meeting place and times etc. Looking forward to trip. I'll be contacting Snowbird from Canada who is in Phoenix for the winter to see if he will come. Kinarfi are you and Linda comming?

Lenny

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be leaving EARLY morning Jan. 7th. and it is a 6 1/2+ hour pull for us. We will arrive mid-afternoon. Will be there until early Monday morning.

Plan to stay at Craggy Wash , http://www.frugal-rv-travel.com/craggy-wash-free-convenient-quiet.html or http://rvarizona.blogspot.com/2009/12/free-rv-camping-near-lake-havasu-city.html Rick has been kind enough to video a portion of the route in, "Rocmoc,

I took this short video this past Saturday of the entrance(starting about 100 yds off the 95) heading into Craggy Wash.Only went in about a mile or so.

"

Monday morning we are moving down to the Ehrenberg Sandbowl http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/arizona_03061/ride_fb25.htm after the weekend. This is located just south of I10. We will gas up generators & propane as we pass thu Lake Havasu or at the Flying J as we pull off of I10. This location is also close enough for a day ride over to Quartzsite which will be at it's peak. Camp is also within a short riding distance of the Flying J. We will be here at least a couple of days and maybe three. http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails_places.shtml more info if you scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look for Sand Bowl.

Yuma may not happen for us if we have too much fun at Ehrenberg/Quartzsite and use up all of our time. Maybe one day on our way home if we all agree to another move to Yuma. We will talk about it as a group when we are together.

I am PMing Rick, Lenny & Kinarfi with our tel # which is good at all times even when traveling.

rocmoc n AZ

Not hard to find at all.If you are coming north on AZ 95 go past town,Wall Mart on left and Airport on right and turn right on first dirt road past the airport.I will be in Havasu over New Years and will get pics of road off 95.

Didn't get to the Trooper today. Our weather is about to change so I loaded the trailer for a dump run and cleaned the chicken coop! Tomorrow to the dump and then the Trooper (maybe). I can work on the Trooper in the garage out of the weather anytime. I still have my propane garage heater from when we lived near Tahoe in the SNOW.

rocmoc n AZ

It's been decades since I have been to Lake Havasu and looks like I won't be there any time soon either, that said, I won't be able to meet you fine Trooper Folk there for at least a couple of months. Don't want to limit myself by saying this year. A lot of verb for "Sorry, I can't make". Wish I could.

Kinarfi

Just found out and wanted to make everyone aware so they can plan accordingly, the Parker 250 off-road race is the same weekend. Little or no impact except when passing Parker on Hwy 95 and Parker is on the other side of the river on California 95. We will be traveling on Arizona 95.

rocmoc n AZ

Just found out and wanted to make everyone aware so they can plan accordingly, the Parker 250 off-road race is the same weekend. Little or no impact except when passing Parker on Hwy 95 and Parker is on the other side of the river on California 95. We will be traveling on Arizona 95.

rocmoc n AZ

Hope you dont decide to go over and enter into the race(LOL).We got here yesterday afternoon.LA and Orange county into riverside area was a big mess.Had hard rain through OC and parts of Riverside then low clouds goimg up over Cajon pass then the heavy winds picked up all the way here.Once we got here lat in the afternoon and it got dark it started raining.Woke up this morning and went out front and what to my surprise,snow on the local hills.Yes rocmoc the same ones you will be riding in next weekend.Most melted off by end of day.See link to phot below.

My link

Man down! Food poisoning! Not entering anything, can barely sit here for a couple of minutes on the computer. All work on the Trooper has stopped. Taking meds! Bummer!

rocmoc n AZ

Had a friend that went to the dealer to pick his new car. To celebrate, he and his wife went out to dinner. He got food poisoning (fish) and passed out on their way home with his foot on the accererator and totaled the car. He got brused up but his wife broke her leg and arm. Good thing about food poisoning is that it generally only last 24 to 48 hours. Get feeling better soon.

Lenny

supposed to be warmer next weekend.definatly cold this weekend.Had ice on the car this morning.

Wow, what a bunch of panty weights. Hey, I'm from Michigan and it doesn't look bad at all. If it is in the 40s or higher Jeanne and I will be fine. I will bring some insulated underware, gloves and a ski cap so it's comfortable. I figure that if your face isn't freezing when you get a little speed, it's good to go. Heck I used to motorcycle ice race in -10 degrees. It was ok but definetely on the cold side. I was in my early 20s then too. I'm not as tough as I once was but being smarter, I know enough that I don't want to go out in -10 weather to ride anymore. Trooper running pretty good. Lots of low end torque. Will take a while to get the tuning perfect but good to ride just like it is.

Lenny

Yup panty weights and proud of it. That is why we live where we do and if AZ's southern border was extended another 200 miles further south we would live there. We normally don't go outside before it is 60 degrees. It was a good time to be sick as second day there was no reason to go outside except to let the chickens out. Those stupid things love the cold weather. Funny to see them come out to get a drink and have to pick at the frozen water. Heck the backyard fountain still had ice thu-out the day into the evening. Will be interesting to see what the ice sculpture looks like in the morning. Today's was really neat, I took a pic.

rocmoc n AZ

Hope you dont decide to go over and enter into the race(LOL).We got here yesterday afternoon.LA and Orange county into riverside area was a big mess.Had hard rain through OC and parts of Riverside then low clouds goimg up over Cajon pass then the heavy winds picked up all the way here.Once we got here lat in the afternoon and it got dark it started raining.Woke up this morning and went out front and what to my surprise,snow on the local hills.Yes rocmoc the same ones you will be riding in next weekend.Most melted off by end of day.See link to phot below.

My link

Ricksrb, Rocmoc can't make it. Still feeling down and wife now looks like she is getting it too. Jeanne and I are still going and will get there late friday afternoon. We are spending Thrusday and Friday at the CES show in Las Vegas. We go there every year. When we get to the site, we will be pulling past the normal campers and trying to get in a little more by outselves because we have 2 Dobermans and people get nerves of them. They are completely non aggressive but others don't know that, but they will bark some. If your camping too, you are welcome to come where we are camping. You won't find the dogs a problem at all. We do like to cut them loose a bit but we are very cautious to make sure they are under control and don't scare anyone. If there are kids around we don't cut them loose unless we walk them off a bit first. Anyway if my 4x4 will go farther in, I can get my littler trailer in too. Look for a small 21' white fifthwheel. When you see a trailer that looks like nothing you have ever seen before, thats us. We pull a tipping trailer behind and I drive a gray Dodge Diesel Megacab.

Lenny

Ricksrb, Rocmoc can't make it. Still feeling down and wife now looks like she is getting it too. Jeanne and I are still going and will get there late friday afternoon. We are spending Thrusday and Friday at the CES show in Las Vegas. We go there every year. When we get to the site, we will be pulling past the normal campers and trying to get in a little more by outselves because we have 2 Dobermans and people get nerves of them. They are completely non aggressive but others don't know that, but they will bark some. If your camping too, you are welcome to come where we are camping. You won't find the dogs a problem at all. We do like to cut them loose a bit but we are very cautious to make sure they are under control and don't scare anyone. If there are kids around we don't cut them loose unless we walk them off a bit first. Anyway if my 4x4 will go farther in, I can get my littler trailer in too. Look for a small 21' white fifthwheel. When you see a trailer that looks like nothing you have ever seen before, thats us. We pull a tipping trailer behind and I drive a gray Dodge Diesel Megacab.

Lenny

Lenny,

Im not sure how far back into Craggy wash you can go,only been back in there once and only went about a mile just for a look see.We should be camping,waiting on our Motorhome to be serviced.Workhorse had a brake recall so its in the shop and hope to be done tomorrow if not we will stay at our house thats about 6-7 miles from there.Dogs are no problem for us.Just not sure how far back we will be able to go,motorhome does not have 4WD.I will PM you my number to call when you get in the area,we might beet you there depending on how late Friday afternoon you get there.

Lenny,

Im not sure how far back into Craggy wash you can go,only been back in there once and only went about a mile just for a look see.We should be camping,waiting on our Motorhome to be serviced.Workhorse had a brake recall so its in the shop and hope to be done tomorrow if not we will stay at our house thats about 6-7 miles from there.Dogs are no problem for us.Just not sure how far back we will be able to go,motorhome does not have 4WD.I will PM you my number to call when you get in the area,we might beet you there depending on how late Friday afternoon you get there.

Rick,

If Lenny doesn't contact you let me know, I have his tel #s.

rocmoc n AZ

Rick,

If Lenny doesn't contact you let me know, I have his tel #s.

rocmoc n AZ

Got back from Havasu Sunday night.Lenny pulled in to Craggy wash Friday late Afternoon.We went on a couple great rides Saturday and had a really good time,the weather could not have been better.My wife was under the weather for the trip but she enjoyed it also.We left mid morning on Sunday so we could stop over in Riverside to visit our new grandson before heading home to unload.Really wish I would have had more time,Lenny and Jeanne are great people and was really great to see his trooper and all the mods he has done.That thing flys and he doesnt even have it completely dialed in yet.Sorry you couldnt make it rocmoc,maybe we can get together soon in North Glamis or somewhere.If not maybe we will make it to the get together in June.

We were really disappointed. We even thought about heading out Sunday as better 3/4s was feeling better. BUT nothing was ready, Trailer or Pull truck and we had to be back Thursday to pickup friends at the airport. Next time and Yes we will get together. Any pics?

rocmoc n AZ

We were really disappointed. We even thought about heading out Sunday as better 3/4s was feeling better. BUT nothing was ready, Trailer or Pull truck and we had to be back Thursday to pickup friends at the airport. Next time and Yes we will get together. Any pics?

rocmoc n AZ

Forgot camera and video batteries were low so only got a few short clips.

Enjoyed our time with Rick and Jeannie. Got in some good rides. Craggy is mostly running up washes. Generally relatively flat except for the ends sometimes got more challanging. There were a few cross trails that connected between two washes and these were real good. Lots of turns with nice climbs and decents. We didn't cover all the trails but probably did a good portion of them. Tried to shake Rick a few times but as soon as I stopped, he was right there. I was susprised on how fast he was taking his T4 down the wash. I was hitting 50mph and screaming the turns, figured that there was no way his T4 would go that fast through the turns but it did.

Rocmoc, we missed both of you.

Thanks, Rick and Jeannie, for a good time.

Lenny

Enjoyed our time with Rick and Jeannie. Got in some good rides. Craggy is mostly running up washes. Generally relatively flat except for the ends sometimes got more challanging. There were a few cross trails that connected between two washes and these were real good. Lots of turns with nice climbs and decents. We didn't cover all the trails but probably did a good portion of them. Tried to shake Rick a few times but as soon as I stopped, he was right there. I was susprised on how fast he was taking his T4 down the wash. I was hitting 50mph and screaming the turns, figured that there was no way his T4 would go that fast through the turns but it did.

Rocmoc, we missed both of you.

Thanks, Rick and Jeannie, for a good time.

Lenny

Lenny,

Welcome back.On our way back we hit some real heavy winds in the Barstow area,really slow from there on.Did you make it down towards Quartzite?

Lenny,

Welcome back.On our way back we hit some real heavy winds in the Barstow area,really slow from there on.Did you make it down towards Quartzite?

Yes I did. Just wanted to see what it was all about. Looks like NYC except everything is a motorhome or trailer. Had fun going through the flea markets. Ended up spending about $200 on a bunch of can't live without little things. Sorry about the winds.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone miss me? lol,, Made it to Yuma, 1st trip with mtrhm & trooper,, Had quite a trip, but here safe & sound. Met Rick, Silverbullet, fantastic nice guy, beyond helpful!!! Have him doing ball joints & wheel brgs, Then hoping to go riding. hope everyone doing ok!! Quig , ps, enjoying 75 degree weather!!!!