Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
TWF

Winches

Gentlemen,

I have a questions. I loaned my new Kubota 1140 with Ramsey Honcho 5000lb winch, to a buddy. When I got it back the winch hook was broken off. All I'm getting is that the cable and hook was fully retracted and some how the toggle was held down and the cable was reversed against itself, and the roller fairlead bent against the winch and the hook was broken completely off the cable. Of course the cable is broken but what other issues might I have to deal with. Could the winch motor be burnt or the drum damaged by the over tightening of the cable. Looking for some advance of what I should look for when inspecting the winch. Pissed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By DirtGrl
      Hey guys! My throttle cable broke in its housing. Can anyone tell me what aftermarket cable would work for a 1100 renegade Joyner?
      TIA
    • By Travis
      My uncle has a Warn winch he used to have On his gas Yamaha golf cart, he said I could have it if I wanted it, I'm just not quite sure how to hook it up, wiring wise.
      I have no other electrical accessories that are tasking the alternator (15 amp)
      And I can still buy the OEM winch mount or fabricate one myself.
      The mule has 2 electrical accessories hook ups, but it's a fairly small wire, not sure if could handle the load..  I even though about welding up a plate as there is plenty of room to mount another battery for the winch only either under the bed or under the front dash/firewall. And using a deep cycle battery and keep it on a tender.
      A winch would come in handy for moving larger limbs or stumps  or sections of a tree when I'm by myself.
      Any info how to proceed is appreciated.
      As most of you know, Mule 550, ksf300-c5.
    • By Anthony Butler
      So my rear diff lock cable is seized on a 2009 trooper 1100 T2 . How do i remove the end that goes into the diff ? 
    • By Trackrun
      Can anyone help me locate the back up siren?  It is so loud it really hurts my ears.  I'd like to be able to disable the noise or at least muffle it.
    • By kelly
      I have to replace the engine in a kubota rtv 500. Has anyone else done this? What's the best way