Quantcast

TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN?????

Myron

Myron, I pulled the buggy in today, it does have the upgraded driveshaft and re-inforced diff mount, we sold this unit new to the customer who owned it, we installed the front tube fenders and sliders, to answer your questions you had, it has a 4000lb warn winch in the front and a 8500lb Ramsey winch in the rear.

Jarrad

Heck with the 8500lb winch in the rear, you could turn it into a Trooper Tow Truck.

rocmoc n AZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have to figure out all the details after i close the deal!..

Jarrod, I'm gonna try to get up early and load the Jeep and head that way. I'm self employed and crazy things can happen to my schedule so its not 100% confirmed but can you give Mike a heads up when you get in that I may be coming out?. I will call you guys in the morning if I can make it happen..

Myron

Hey Guys,

OK, so I went to Dallas and looked at the unit up at No limits.. We werent able to close a deal on this one but I'm still interested in a T2.. couple things, When the units lockers are enguaged, this one is super hard to steer. I expected some difficulty, but it was really hard.. Is this normal?.. Also, what does it cost to replace the steering box, this one was super sloppy. I was pretty impressed with the beefy chassis and suspension. I was hoping for a little more pep, but Im used to a 400 horse Jeep and a 750 Brute Force ATV so I shouldnt expect to be too impressed unless I get the Can am or the RZR. I also didnt realize this thing had such a long wheelbase.. Its as long as my jeep!

I talked to them a little about the Can AM and he told me that they are bringing 2K over sticker, so that is prolly out of the question.. I refuse to pay over the MSRP on anything!

Myron

Myron yes they are all hard to turn when locked. That's why we offer a power steering kit. As far as the sloppiness in the steering they are all sloppy to an extent. I have 2 of lenny's fix kits in stock and if that was a deal breaker then I would have installed it. Good lick in your search for a buggy

Jarrad

Hey Guys,

OK, so I went to Dallas and looked at the unit up at No limits.. We werent able to close a deal on this one but I'm still interested in a T2.. couple things, When the units lockers are enguaged, this one is super hard to steer. I expected some difficulty, but it was really hard.. Is this normal?.. Also, what does it cost to replace the steering box, this one was super sloppy. I was pretty impressed with the beefy chassis and suspension. I was hoping for a little more pep, but Im used to a 400 horse Jeep and a 750 Brute Force ATV so I shouldnt expect to be too impressed unless I get the Can am or the RZR. I also didnt realize this thing had such a long wheelbase.. Its as long as my jeep!

I talked to them a little about the Can AM and he told me that they are bringing 2K over sticker, so that is prolly out of the question.. I refuse to pay over the MSRP on anything!

Myron

Yes they are tough to steer when the lockers are engaged but power steering is the fix. They even have power steering on most new ATVs now because they steer better also. Steering box, use Lenny's fix or replace. Told you it was more like the Suzuki Samurai, LOL! Told you power was like the old VW bug but not that much different than the RZR. RZR doesn't have the top speed the Trooper does & the Trooper can out preform the RZR most of the time off-road. You also don't have the room in the RZR like you do in the Trooper. It is all give & take. Yeah I also have a problem paying over MSRP. RZR was the same way when they first came out. Just wait a couple of years and they will be down to MSRP, LOL! Not a problems unless you are old and time is limited, I can say this as I am OLD!

rocmoc n AZ

Hey Guys,

Myron

As stated yes it is harder to steer with lockers engaged.As far as power, any of them would seem gutless if comaring to the 400hp of your jeep.From the beginning it sounds like you are really sold on the RZR but cant/wont spend the money.If I were you I think I would either wait to come across a good deal on a used one or wait till prices drop on the new ones.(jmho)Whatever you get hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a deal.. I just heard that Polaris just dropped their price 1500 on the RZR because of the Commander is in high demand.

Jarrad, The steering box wasnt a deal breaker. You guys dont own it, so when your owner called the guy who does own it, he wanted me to throw in another 1000.00 to do the deal. I know I can flip my Jeep locally for no less than 7K and thats what the guy wants for the trooper. Plus, you guys dont have the title yet, So I wouldnt have done it even if it was a straight across trade. I also have my 750 Brute force to deal with. I can flip it for 3K-3500 pretty easy so the proceds from those sales will determine what I get. I'm budgeting minimum of 10K for my new toy.

Myron

Been surfing CL for different stuff... I still definately plan on some sort of UTV... Just gotta get it done before spring time!

Myron

I know your not interested in a T-4 but I stoped and looked at this one yesterday after seeing a for sale sign on it here in Lake Havasu.Very clean and well taken care of.Just thought I would post it in case someone might be looking.

Trooper T-4

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the link. There is a blue on just like it close to me that I was looking at. I think the length just kills it for me on those. The 4 seater is longer than my Jeep and I would prefer to get maybe a 6x12 trailer that I can squeeze a UTV and my sons bike onto. I have a dodge 2500 and a 33" foot 5th wheel and our other vehicle is a Quad cab Dakota so I have to keep the trailer weight and size down a bit.

Incidently I have suffered a minor setback in my plans.. I took the Jeep for a ride yesterday and after I got on it pretty good(burned a little rubber off the 33"s) I felt a vibration from the back. I goosed it again and ended up not only blowing a ujoint, I took the transmission and Tcase with it.. The tranny broke the complete bellhousing in half, the tail of the tranny broke in half just before the tcase mount and the tail cone broke in half and I also bent the np205 output shaft.... fortunately I have a complete TH400 and Tcase in storage... I'm just sick of working on it!!!

Here is a pic of the damage. the rest of the bell housing is still attached..

post-794-010941200 1293811678_thumb.jpg

I am a little late joining the topic here, but I own both a T2 and a RZR4. The T2 obviously has the most power and we have never had any problems with it. We travel to Moab twice a year and run in the rocks. We also own a place in Lake Havasu and both units run great there. I live in Wyoming and ride here in the summer, but since we just bought the rzr4 I haven't ridden it here. The Rzr seems to ride much better, but I think there are shock upgrades for the T2 that would probably put it on par. I love both units, but for the money, I think I would take the Joyner. Take it for what its worth, I am just a newbie :).

I am a little late joining the topic here, but I own both a T2 and a RZR4. The T2 obviously has the most power and we have never had any problems with it. We travel to Moab twice a year and run in the rocks. We also own a place in Lake Havasu and both units run great there. I live in Wyoming and ride here in the summer, but since we just bought the rzr4 I haven't ridden it here. The Rzr seems to ride much better, but I think there are shock upgrades for the T2 that would probably put it on par. I love both units, but for the money, I think I would take the Joyner. Take it for what its worth, I am just a newbie :).

WOW! How about joining us for the June Adventure in So. Utah & bring both or just the RZR4. Would love to watch yours or trade toys for an hour. My T2 has quite a few mods/upgrades. Glad you shared your experience.

rocmoc n AZ

First of all welcome.Hope you come on and share all your experiences with both.Really glad to hear from someone that actually owns both and can compare the two.Also glad to hear from another part time Havasuian.We too have a place there and love it.Keep us informed as to your next visit and maybe we can get together for a ride.As rocmoc said maybe you can make to Utah with us.

Rick,

We are planning to be down there at the end of the month. Since we store the utvs in Havasu, they are both there during the winter. If you are going to be around let me know, I would love to talk to someone a little more about the T2 and learn a few things that would help it out.

Landon

We try to make it there twice a month.Dont have any dates set except for this coming weekend if all goes well.Let me know the dates and Maybe we can make it the same time.You can talk to me all you want about the Troopers, I cant promise you will learn anything(LOL). Keep visiting this forum and you will learn Im sure.Many people on here with loads of knowledge that are always willing to help.That I can promise.

It is one of the early ones with the gas tank up front. May even be one of the first 50. I can see it has the brake upgrade. Make sure it has the drive line upgrade. The orginal drive line had U-joints and was junk. The upgrade has CV Joints. You can tell it been in the moisture from the rust on the exhaust manifold. Looks like it does have some good mods & upgrades. My concern would be the electrical connections.

Good luck!

rocmoc n AZ

[/quote

I would also be worried about the dust and dirt that it may of sucked in through that stock air filter at least it looks stock. The stock air filters were junk!!!! and if it was in alot of mud and water I would also check the diffs out real good.

I'm slowly getting my garage into shape (we just bought this house) and its gonna take me a while to have the man cave set up how I like. I hung a bunch of rubbermaid easy track up already to get everything off the floor. Next is gonna be a epoxy painted garage floor and more cabinets...I have portable A/C and Heat and its insulated well so working conditions wont be that bad. I just gotta get a project i LIKE working on!

Myron

We are going to leave for somewhere, the end of this month, would love to meet up with anyone willing to ride with old newb guy? Can meet almost anywhere, have no real set destination. Stay in contact,, hate riding alone, along ways from home,,,, Quig