Quantcast

Anyone playing with their Trooper this weekend?

rocmoc

We have friends coming in from Santa Fe this weekend so we will be going out for at least one day, Friday. We have a saddle in the nearby moutains I like to ride up to as you can look down over the entire valley. Taks about an hour or more to get there and could take longer if you stop at any of the mines. Welcome to join us (doesn't have to be a Joyner) if anyone is nearby, south of Tucson.

We have friends coming in from Santa Fe this weekend so we will be going out for at least one day, Friday. We have a saddle in the nearby moutains I like to ride up to as you can look down over the entire valley. Taks about an hour or more to get there and could take longer if you stop at any of the mines. Welcome to join us (doesn't have to be a Joyner) if anyone is nearby, south of Tucson.

wish I could make it.Gotta go to Havasu Friday night and be back Sunday afternoon.

Next winter. Plan is to do Rocky Point , El Golfo, up to SoCal & back down to San Felipe. I can get cheap fuel in Mexico before we come back into SoCal, Play for a while and get cheap fuel on the way down to San Felipe & back home. We try not to leave home in Oct & Nov as the weather is too darn nice to leave. Sometime between Dec & March.

Good ride today. Rode up to the nearby MMT Observatory, http://mmto.org/node/246 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMT_Observatory. Most of the trails around here have been torn to pieces by the Border Patrol. Trails & roads are ROUGH. We were going to ride over a saddle in the mountains to a town on the other side. The trails & roads were so rough we decided to go to the top of the Mountain, 8585 feet high. While it was in the 80's in the valley floor it was only about 60 on top. Nice easy ride with incredible views. Everything went well!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI we are headed to Moab tomorrow. If anyone will be in the area let me know so we can plan a ride together.

Moab was a blast! Thanks to Landon & his group for showing me some new trails.

Trails done:

Hells Revenge (wife drove)

Poison Spider

Hey Joe Canyon

Fins & Things

Determination Towers

& more

Obsticals:

Hells Gate

Tip Over Challenge (entire family on board)

Car wash (wife drove)

V-Notch

The Waterfall

& countless steep walls

Carnage:

Lt front CV boot kept pulling off. I think it was due to the new long travel suspension at full droop in a hard turn. Gotta figure that one out.

Notes:

New suspension was super soft, but I need to work on the rebound & compression valving.

Fuel controller worked great. I only stalled the Trooper twice the entire trip. Once on Hells Gate & once in Hey Joe Canyon--both were avoidable

Moab was a blast! Thanks to Landon & his group for showing me some new trails.

Trails done:

Hells Revenge (wife drove)

Poison Spider

Hey Joe Canyon

Fins & Things

Determination Towers

& more

Obsticals:

Hells Gate

Tip Over Challenge (entire family on board)

Car wash (wife drove)

V-Notch

The Waterfall

& countless steep walls

Carnage:

Lt front CV boot kept pulling off. I think it was due to the new long travel suspension at full droop in a hard turn. Gotta figure that one out.

Notes:

New suspension was super soft, but I need to work on the rebound & compression valving.

Fuel controller worked great. I only stalled the Trooper twice the entire trip. Once on Hells Gate & once in Hey Joe Canyon--both were avoidable

did you do any adjusting on the fuel controller or leave it at factory settings? Much more fuel consumption?

did you do any adjusting on the fuel controller or leave it at factory settings? Much more fuel consumption?

Significantly more fuel consumption. After riding with Banjo Minnow all day when he was at about 1/2 tank I was close to empty. I didn't touch the fuel controller from the factory settings. I was happy with it. I may play around with it later. My driveway is a 20% incline and my trooper idles up it at 900 rpm with the 30" tires. The tires are also about 15-20lbs heavier a piece than the stockers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be interested in the cam too if the price is workable for me. My wife is calling my Trooper the money pit.

Lenny

yep,same here.I had to put a hold on the spending for it.Got an uncle that i support and seems like this past year i wasnt sending him enough to get by on so i had to send him some extra.Funny thing is he never shows up for the Holiday get togethers.

I'm making plans to go back down to Hanksville on -- some time soon after --- Wednesday and do some more exploring, I have been watching the weather and l looks decent for a few days, http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.14252094274138&lon=-110.60319095828163&site=slc&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text, any one want to go? May stop around Moab on the way out if I haven't had enough.

Kinarfi