Quantcast

Fuel Controller

2scoops

Thanks to Dedub for finding the info on this.

So, looking at the info at Dobeck Performance you installl and adjust this controller--right? Its not plug and play. In order to get maximum performance from our individual machines won't we all have to do what Dedub did and take it to a dyno and adjust it?

So, looking at the info at Dobeck Performance you installl and adjust this controller--right? Its not plug and play. In order to get maximum performance from our individual machines won't we all have to do what Dedub did and take it to a dyno and adjust it?

There is a pre set on it , or with it to get you started that is real close. Innovate motorsports sales the MTXL $199.00 o2 gage to put with it you set your fuel 12 to 13 an you are there dedub.

Silverbullet

We are blowing out our controller to the 1 - 25 members.We do have about 50 units.The price will be 185.00.Set up is real easy .Any questions call

Rick

928 344 2117

We will have our camshafts in a few more weeks.They are working on low end toqure They sent us a set and they worked vary good.Toqure started in at about 2600 RPM and pulled strong.We are going to get a better grind so toqure comes in around 1800 RPM he said no problem.

Thanks Rick

• Like 1

Silverbullet

We are blowing out our controller to the 1 - 25 members.We do have about 50 units.The price will be 185.00.Set up is real easy .Any questions call

Rick

928 344 2117

We will have our camshafts in a few more weeks.They are working on low end toqure They sent us a set and they worked vary good.Toqure started in at about 2600 RPM and pulled strong.We are going to get a better grind so toqure comes in around 1800 RPM he said no problem.

Thanks Rick

I ordered one today,will see what it can do.Spoke to Rick for some time,really helpfull.

Guest Lenny

I'll be interested in the cams. Any idea what they are going to cost. With what I already have for torque and these cams I'm going to change the name of my Trooper to the "John Deere Trooper Edition". Maybe for short the JD Trooper. Kinda feel like I'm digging myself into a hole. Everyone is going to expect my JD to really scream in all areas. If I'm just imagining it, I'm going to crawl under a rock. Glad to hear that more power is going to be available to all. The higher torque is real nice for just plain driving around. Very little shifting. Will be looking forward to your report Ricksrb. Try to set some compairson data before switching over. Start at say 1000 RPMs in 3rd and while running up hill, see how long it takes to get to 2000, then 3000 etc, in 4th and 5th also. Then pick a workable grade and say run in in 3rd or 4th while holding it at some fixed RPMs, say 1500 and 2500 and see how far you get up the hill before it kills. Maybe just have some different sized blocks you put under the pedal. Try not to floor it as more then likely after about 80% throttle, the closed loop EGO deactivates and the computer quits feeding fuel based on oxygen levels in the exhaust.

Lenny

Haven't had time to adjust it yet,, but stock settings gave me better power in all gears. Can pull hills in higher gears, can lug to lower rpm's,, and still bring it back to higher rpm's without shifting. Almost feels like driving automatic on some trails, just put it in 4th, sometimes 5th, & go fast. I love it. did notice mileage on 1st tank was worse, but I would rather have the power. Didn't gain any rpm's, but mine tops at about 6100, anyway, too many for oldman!!!! Quig

quig says it does.I am expecting mine to be delivered today.

Delivered about 6pm and got it installed.Have to wait till this weekend to try it out if we dont get rain ,no place to test it around here so gotta trailer it out to do it.Easy to install as promised but need to read up on tuning it if needed.Only draw back is they need to make the wires from the controller longer for the T-4.With the wires stretched out the controller only reaches the point between the two front seats,on the T-2 it should be long enough to reach up to the dash or close to it making it easy for tuning.

Delivered about 6pm and got it installed.Have to wait till this weekend to try it out if we dont get rain ,no place to test it around here so gotta trailer it out to do it.Easy to install as promised but need to read up on tuning it if needed.Only draw back is they need to make the wires from the controller longer for the T-4.With the wires stretched out the controller only reaches the point between the two front seats,on the T-2 it should be long enough to reach up to the dash or close to it making it easy for tuning.

tell silverbull you need one longer they can make it any lenth it just cost more. sents he's in full control of them. dedub

Silverbullet.

Its real close as it comes.We have instaled 3 units and right out of the box it worked great.To get the max out of it you need the Innovate set up.We have the universal one so after we install the unit we test the stock setings.So far we have to adjust some units but they are real close out of the box.If your compression is off it will need adjustment.No dyno needed.We sell the Innovate unit for 191.00 it works well and not a bad thing to have.With this unit you can see how your motor is running at all times it will tell you how your fuel system is working and looks cool to.But you do not need it!!!!

Thanks

Rick

I'll be interested in the cams. Any idea what they are going to cost. With what I already have for torque and these cams I'm going to change the name of my Trooper to the "John Deere Trooper Edition". Maybe for short the JD Trooper. Kinda feel like I'm digging myself into a hole. Everyone is going to expect my JD to really scream in all areas. If I'm just imagining it, I'm going to crawl under a rock. Glad to hear that more power is going to be available to all. The higher torque is real nice for just plain driving around. Very little shifting. Will be looking forward to your report Ricksrb. Try to set some compairson data before switching over. Start at say 1000 RPMs in 3rd and while running up hill, see how long it takes to get to 2000, then 3000 etc, in 4th and 5th also. Then pick a workable grade and say run in in 3rd or 4th while holding it at some fixed RPMs, say 1500 and 2500 and see how far you get up the hill before it kills. Maybe just have some different sized blocks you put under the pedal. Try not to floor it as more then likely after about 80% throttle, the closed loop EGO deactivates and the computer quits feeding fuel based on oxygen levels in the exhaust.

Lenny

We went out to North Glamis this past weekend to go see some old mines we had heard about.The controller did seem to give more power in all gears and as quig said did not seem to have to shift as much.It does use more gas as expected.I hope to get it out this coming weekend to do the comparisons as you suggested Lenny.

We went out to North Glamis this past weekend to go see some old mines we had heard about.The controller did seem to give more power in all gears and as quig said did not seem to have to shift as much.It does use more gas as expected.I hope to get it out this coming weekend to do the comparisons as you suggested Lenny.

Stopped by Rick,s last Thur and picked up a controler. Took about 30 min to install, bigest problem that I had was figering out how to disconnect the oxygen sensors. The little blk tab needs to be lifted (not depressed) to disconnect. It starts fine and seems to run clean but as yet I have not taken it out.

I put a UMP air filter on and will post some Pic if some one can PM me and tell me how to do it.

Dick

Is there going to be a controller/cam pre-tuned package? I would love to buy the both of them. How much money should I put aside for both? Is this controller discussed in another thread more? I have a power commander on my snowmobile I assume it is simmilar to that? I am working night shift but I will try to call today for some info. I would love to get some more bottom end power having 30 inch mud lite XXL's on it.

Thanks,

Tony

Is there going to be a controller/cam pre-tuned package? I would love to buy the both of them. How much money should I put aside for both? Is this controller discussed in another thread more? I have a power commander on my snowmobile I assume it is simmilar to that? I am working night shift but I will try to call today for some info. I would love to get some more bottom end power having 30 inch mud lite XXL's on it.

Thanks,

Tony

My driveway is a 20% incline and my trooper idles up it at 900 rpm with the 30" 540 dominator tires. The tires are also about 15-20lbs heavier a piece than the stockers. My trooper needed some pedal input to climb the driveway before with the 27" stock tires. In Moab, there were obsticals I would normally have to manupulate the clutch to get over. With the fuel controller I was able to let my left foot take a nap & just used the gas pedal. My fuel consumption did go up about 30-40%.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't understand? Did we give up? We have them installed, they work, now we are enjoying them. More power, more torque,some got more rpm's, works great.

Is there someway you can quantify? Did anyone do a comparison like I could only make it up 3/4 of the way up the hill and now I can make it all the way. Before my 1/8 mile time & speed were, now they are? Something other than subjective! Only thing I have heard for sure is you are burning more fuel, almost twice as much.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Is there someway you can quantify? Did anyone do a comparison like I could only make it up 3/4 of the way up the hill and now I can make it all the way. Before my 1/8 mile time & speed were, now they are? Something other than subjective! Only thing I have heard for sure is you are burning more fuel, almost twice as much.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Were I ride some of the hills I would have to be in 1st gear and now I can do it in 2nd gear. I was going to put a turbo on my trooper but with this and the new cams that silverbullet is going to get I might not have to do turbo.You have to disconnect the O2 sensor with this fuel controller and I have noticed that the trooper starts real easy now I don't have to give it any gas. I don't think that it used twice as much gas it does used more but not twice as much.

From previous post:::: Haven't had time to adjust it yet,, but stock settings gave me better power in all gears. Can pull hills in higher gears, can lug to lower rpm's,, and still bring it back to higher rpm's without shifting. Almost feels like driving automatic on some trails, just put it in 4th, sometimes 5th, & go fast. I love it. did notice mileage on 1st tank was worse, but I would rather have the power. Didn't gain any rpm's, but mine tops at about 6100, anyway, too many for oldman!!!! Quig

Timed from telephone pole to tele.pole down the road, about where I hit 60mph. I gained about 1 second, roughly. I noticed biggest difference in not having to shift as much on trail, or hills. Will lug down way better,& pull hills.

Guest Lenny

I just remembered, I also was going over 60 when I passed pole, with controller., : )

How far apart are the poles. If I know the exact distance, I can do a comparison run. Have you timed the run between the poles? I'm assuming level road and you started from a standing start. Trying to get mine on a dyno next week with the assistance of a pro tuner. I can get it to run fairly good but feel incapible of getting the most out of it without some help. Can't do the igniton timing without a dyno and that is where all the power can be found once the rest is right.

Lenny