Quantcast

We have had to change our business model & how we vacation. Reason the stupid economy & trouble in Mexico.

SO, In 2012 we are reversing everything. We use to vacation the winter in Mexico and work off & on thu out the rest of the year. We now are going to work a single chunk of time in the winter making trips to Fld & Tx where the economy is much better. Then we will do the Mexico trip in June wandering around BUT instead in the USA.

SO, in 2012 we WILL be pulling the Trooper behind us and be visiting the North Rim of Grand Canyon, Very Southern edge of Ut,, a visit with friends in Hurricane Ut.(if I have not made them too mad with my Joyner Company post), up to Moab, Ut., on to Vernal, Ut., visit friends in St. Charles, Id., over to the Sand Dunes at Killpecker, Wy (I believe Kinarfi was talking about going here) and will return home to AZ. This will happen in the month of June. I will post a few more details later and maybe we will be able to meet others off-roaders along the way. There will be other sidetrips along the way. If you have any interest, PM me as I am not going to post ALL details.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model

Hello, I’m writing this because I desperately need some assistance with front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model. My stepfather told me his two front axles of his  kubota rtv broken separately yesterday and he couldn't distinguish which is for left or right. Are left and right front cv axles the same on a 2000 kubota rtv 900 4x4 ? And what's the cost of kubota rtv 900 axles ? I don't learn much about kubota rtv and hope someone tell me. Thank you.

By matt wichert, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Simple oil change... NOT !!!

I have a HiSun HS700 (686cc one cyl.) and needed to do it's first oil change. I found that the Chinese oil filter CF188-011300 had a Fram cross-reference to a PH4967 so I picked the Fram filter up at Walmart along with the recommended 10W40 motor oil. I removed the oil fill plug and then the drain plug, followed by removal of the original factory oil filter. The oil drain plug and original filter were extremely tight. I did not have the 67mm oil filter wrench and bent the filter up pretty badly using channel lock pliers. Replaced the drain plug, and the filter and the fill plug after putting in the required 70 ounces of oil and started it up. I shut it down almost immediately but not until a little over a quart of oil squirted out from the oil filter's rubber seal. Yes, I had lubed the new filter gasket and made sure the old filter gasket was not left behind when I removed the old filter. I went to the store and bought the oil filter wrench and removed the Fram filter. I saw nothing wrong with the seating area or the gasket so I put it back on (making sure it was as tight as I dare without stripping it) and added the missing oil. I stood on the side of the motor where I could see the filter while I started the engine again. Again the oil started to squirt out. I removed the Fram filter and reinstalled the bent original and topped off the oil again. I started the engine and it is not leaking now. Anyone have this issue? Is the Fram filter a true replacement? Did I just get a new filter with a bad gasket which is not visibly bad?

By BigRich, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 15 replies
    • Is this the 2018 model?

Hi guys! Can anyone confirm whether this is actually the 2018 model? (LINK) My friend says its not but the sales representative claims that it is. I've been burned before and I want to take all precautions before going any further with this dealer.
      Thanks and happy riding!

By Mackiesis49, in UTV General Discussion

• 4 replies
    • Stupid Question Alert!! Removing Hisun Sector 250 Seat?

How do you remove the seat bottom?  If it's like most bench seats, you just pull up on it to detach the fasteners, but I don't want to break anything if that's not correct.
      I've pulled up on mine, but it's either holding tighter than I'm willing to pull without knowledge of what I'm dealing with, or that's not how it's attached.

Owners Manual doesn't mention how to remove the seat.  It only says "remove seat" in a few places.

By DigitalDan, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies
    • Tuning a 400cc Hisun 2012 model

I recently (like yesterday) bought a secondhand  hisun  400cc 4x4 SxS. It’s a one owner 2012 model only done 125 kms. It runs rough and won’t idle  for long without cutting out., even when it’s warm.  Here’s what I’ve done to try to sort it without success: cleaned air filters, cleaned spark plug, emptied old fuel and replaced, replaced fuel filters. I notice that there is a hose coming from the carburettor (on drivers side). It goes to a T piece but  neither branch connects to anything and I can’t seem to find any places where they would naturally attach.  Any suggestions appreciated. Davo

By Davo, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies