plumber

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lenny

Call them and see what they about using it on our Troopers. Or maybe they can whip up one for the Trooper.

rocmoc n AZ

Good find. I see 2 cords comming from it. One would be for the 12v power but what is the other for. If it is ment to plug into the computer, there may be a problem.

Lenny

Good find. I see 2 cords comming from it. One would be for the 12v power but what is the other for. If it is ment to plug into the computer, there may be a problem.

Lenny

If you look at the slide pics below the steering gearbox, there does appear to be a computer or a controller. When I did a search on the site I could not find the parts in the slide pics so maybe they come with the gearbox. It will take a call to the site to get to the bottom line on the installation & what are all the parts required.

rocmoc n AZ

I requested info via email regarding their units and if they had one for the troopers and their response was no.

This was the response from a follow up question to them to see if they could make one for the trooper.

"We are currently working on several side by sides, but the joyner unfortunately isn't one. I do apologize. I myself like them alot. They are a rare breed."

Thanks again for your time,

Casey,

Guest Lenny

That was my thought also and i asked that.Response was just what you said,same unit just bracketts and steering shaft adapters differ.He is checking on price without those two items if at all possible to purchase that way.

I think Rocmoc would be ready to do something for power steering too if we could get as good package price for say 5 units or more. Maybe we should get a consensous of how many members would be ready to go with power steering if the price was say under $500. Maybe we should have Rocmoc do the negotiation for a low price on a quanity. He is tough when it comes to bargining for a good price. Maybe others might be good at bargining too but I just know Rocmoc better and know he would be good plus I wouldn't be worried about sending him money. Then again, he is awful close to the Mexican boarder, he could skip the country. We could all send our money to one person who would place the order then have the units drop shipped to each of us directly from the supplier. Right now, it sounds like we have Quig, Ricksrb, I would do it. Who else is ready?

Kinarfi, maybe we should move the post here about power steering to a seperate thread so it doesn't trample this thread and it would also help group the those interested in power steering. What do you think?

Lenny

I think Rocmoc would be ready to do something for power steering too if we could get as good package price for say 5 units or more. Maybe we should get a consensous of how many members would be ready to go with power steering if the price was say under $500. Maybe we should have Rocmoc do the negotiation for a low price on a quanity. He is tough when it comes to bargining for a good price. Maybe others might be good at bargining too but I just know Rocmoc better and know he would be good plus I wouldn't be worried about sending him money. Then again, he is awful close to the Mexican boarder, he could skip the country. We could all send our money to one person who would place the order then have the units drop shipped to each of us directly from the supplier. Right now, it sounds like we have Quig, Ricksrb, I would do it. Who else is ready?

Kinarfi, maybe we should move the post here about power steering to a seperate thread so it doesn't trample this thread and it would also help group the those interested in power steering. What do you think?

Lenny

I would be interested in the powersteering.

2010 Mods:

Lenny's steering tightening kit

K&N filter

Brembo front brakes

Rear Cage & Seat

Moved front headlights

2011 Mods:

Dual rate Fox 2.0 10.5" coiliovers all 4 corners.

Lowered front diff

Custom front shock hoops

Geo Metro Uni-boot CV boots--these work great!

Suspension travel increased (14" rear, 12.5" front)

30" 540 Dominators

Powdercoated wheels gloss black

Fuel controller

Custom air intake & K&N filter wrap (pulls air from inside cab)

3/8" UHMW underneath cab & 1/4" aluminum skid plate underneath diffs & tranny (bottom is completely flush)

Silverbullets upgraded ball joints

Sunbrella roof

Rear nets to keep kid arms in & brush from hitting them

Future 2011 mods:

Powersteering if we get a great deal

Manual 4x4

Rear suspension arm re-engineer (goal-lighter/stronger)

Rear air bump stops

Rear sway bar

Different harnesses

Underhood storage

Cams (if we could ever get some performance data)

Lenny's supercharger kit ;)

post-867-0-92919300-1312919173_thumb.jpg

Lenny

I havent heard anything back so far.I will contact him tomorrow and try to work out a deal for at least 5 units.If i dont get some good pricing we should sic maddog rocmoc on em.

sounds like a deal quig,you purchase two units(one for you and one for me) and i will build the brackets. ;)

OOOOOOOh great, that sounds like a good deal, :angry: Thanks buddy? :P

I like plumbers plan since you are so greedy!!!

Seriously Plumber has plan, that would be great.

Lenny

Okay here is what i have.They will sell us the power steering unit,wiring,and controller for $400.00 each.Remember this does not include the shaft or adapters.I have a total of seven that has shown interest in the purchase and need to know if we have more and if these seven are serious and ready to make the purchase.So far i have,

Lenny,Quig,2scoops,bruhaw,plumber,rocmoc,and myself.Once i work out more details i will let you know.

Plumber,

He is checking to see about the question you had about bringing your trooper in for them to modify their unit for the troopers.They did not think there would be much of a market for the units to go into Joyners before but with our interest that might change.

Okay here is what i have.They will sell us the power steering unit,wiring,and controller for $400.00 each.Remember this does not include the shaft or adapters.I have a total of seven that has shown interest in the purchase and need to know if we have more and if these seven are serious and ready to make the purchase.So far i have,

Lenny,Quig,2scoops,bruhaw,plumber,rocmoc,and myself.Once i work out more details i will let you know.

Plumber,

He is checking to see about the question you had about bringing your trooper in for them to modify their unit for the troopers.They did not think there would be much of a market for the units to go into Joyners before but with our interest that might change.

Thats perfect, I'm not interested in the mounting hardware and column pieces. I just want the power head and controlls. I'm serious and ready to go. Let me know Rick how the money is to be dealt with and I'll sent the money out. I'm going to assume that this does not include the cost of shipping to each person. This deal will not be beat by anyone. I've been working on this for a long time and the best I have found is to buy the electric power steering from a Corsa B or C and buy an after market signal generator which is designed to provide the signals the controller expects from the cars computer. A lot of these are used in Europe for rally cars. The best I have come up with is about $400 for the power steering column, controller and signal generator with shipping from Europe. Shipping alone is about $150.

Wow Rick, I'm going to add you to my book of good negotiators. Good Job.

Lenny

I too am totally in. I am very flexible on the shipping. I will pickup from you (Rick) in CA/LH or ship to Lenny or ship to me; whatever is the easiest & CHEAPEST! I hate to pay shipping companies.

rocmoc n AZ

Good,Just waiting now to hear back from them.Also need commitments from all here that said they were interested.Need at least 5.

I'm in And what lenny said

Thanks,

By the way below is what response i got about you bringing your in to them.I am forwarding photos tonight after i take some.

"I was just speaking with my owner. He says that he is not against bringing one in but first he wanted some pics. He recently had an Arctic Cat that he was interested in trying one on but quickly realized that there was absolutely no room with out trimming plastic. Take some images of the front by the rack and where the shaft comes down. We will take a close look at those images first before we try to get one in here."

Thanks,

By the way below is what response i got about you bringing your in to them.I am forwarding photos tonight after i take some.

"I was just speaking with my owner. He says that he is not against bringing one in but first he wanted some pics. He recently had an Arctic Cat that he was interested in trying one on but quickly realized that there was absolutely no room with out trimming plastic. Take some images of the front by the rack and where the shaft comes down. We will take a close look at those images first before we try to get one in here."

I want the power steering, just don't have much in the way of tools or knowledge to build bracket & cut into steering column to install. Hope I can figure something out, or get it from them?

Ready to go here. Can we pay them direct & have them ship to our houses? It will be nice to be able to leave one hand on the shifter & one on the wheel.

Okay,got you down.Working with them on just what you said,hoping to work out each one of us contacting them and placeing the order and being shiped directly.Should know more tomorrow.Yes one handed driving,just like the good old dating days when you would have one hand on the wheel and the other on your date(lol)

I want the power steering, just don't have much in the way of tools or knowledge to build bracket & cut into steering column to install. Hope I can figure something out, or get it from them?

I am sure we can help you.Dont forget you need two units quig,one for front and another for the rear :)

Thanks,

Just let me know what you need me to do

I am sure we can help you.Dont forget you need two units quig,one for front and another for the rear :)

You trying to trick me? Just cause i'm old doesn't mean I'm, uh?, uh? dumb? no, pretty? crap, can't remember!! :rolleyes::blink:

I know I have to buy 2, 1 for me, & 1 for,, ? crap!! forgot!!

Okay,got you down.Working with them on just what you said,hoping to work out each one of us contacting them and placeing the order and being shiped directly.Should know more tomorrow.Yes one handed driving,just like the good old dating days when you would have one hand on the wheel and the other on your date(lol)

You really mean I can put a nicker knob on. Wow, don't even know if you can buy them anymore. Maybe I'll look for the spotlight that you used to see on the drivers side that you could swing to look at anything. No, no Rickserb, get your mind out of the gutter.

Lenny