rocmoc

Spring or Fall  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you attend?

• Mid-April to Late April
    • Early November to Mid-Nov
    • Either
    • Neither

That’s a great offer Stevozz and one that I will contemplate. I’ve had a look at how far off you are from the Salton Sea and it looks like a days drive. One way around it is too fly into Arizona and hire a RV from there. Then hire a trailer for a few days and do a round trip with your Trooper. Not all hire companies let you tow with their RVs though. It’s worth investigating and thanks very much for the offer Stevozz. We were just going to fly into L.A and go from there. I'm still thinking about buying a UTV to import back home, but I've still got the problem of towing if allowed and a trailer.

Cheers Mike.

Hi Mike, your welcome and its no problem at all, just keep intouch and we will go from there ok?

Thanks Steve

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you at Stevozz? I have a problem in that I double trailer, 5th wheel with Trooopper trailer behind, and California only allows double trailers only if you have a CDL license. I'm looking into that but so far I plan on droping a trailer in AZ and taking one at a time in. There might be some posibilities in me bringing one trailer in and driving back to AZ boarder to get the other trailer with someone of the group that has a CDL and then double pull my other trailer and a trailer for a Brostar Trooper in for the second trip in. Then reverse it when were done. If we team up we should be able to get this done. Besides, I think that if Brostar comes, he should get the highest mileage traveled award which is standing at $25 from me and Rocmoc has $15 in the pot. This got carried over from last years, 2011s Jamboree, because of a tie for distance between Rocmoc and DPostema. I'm going to throw another $25 in for this year also. Anyone else that wants to add to the pot, you are more then welcome. Just speak up. It may be hard to beat Brostars distance.

Lenny

Hi Lenny, I live in Safford, its about 1hr 40 min east of Tucson on rt 191. And where we are planning to camp thats at Glamis right or really close to Glamis, I was told that its about an 8 to 9 hour drive is that about right?

Thanks Steve

Steve, we are going to two more locations on our way back home to AZ as stated in an earlier post. I believer, if I know them any at all, Lenny & Kinarfi will also. Check it out, 3 Trooper stops makes the trip even more worth the fuel from AZ.

rocmoc n AZ

Hi Rocmoc, That sounds great to stop and ride at other places on the way home, I just have to figure out what to do with my other trooper?

Thanks Steve

Hi Rick, Looks like a real nice place there, How much is it to stay per day/night?

not cheap.I havent got group rates yet but they have Pull-thru with Full hookups, 50/30 amp, Cable, WiFi

FACING PATIO group double-sites(180x 55) at $99.79 per night.One price gets you two sites large enough for all RVs.You Split the cost.On that weekend if you pay for two nights(Friday and Saturday) you get Sunday night for $1.00.So if we get enough to get two on each site and split the cost it will be a little over $33 a night.

not cheap.I havent got group rates yet but they have Pull-thru with Full hookups, 50/30 amp, Cable, WiFi

FACING PATIO group double-sites(180x 55) at $99.79 per night.One price gets you two sites large enough for all RVs.You Split the cost.On that weekend if you pay for two nights(Friday and Saturday) you get Sunday night for $1.00.So if we get enough to get two on each site and split the cost it will be a little over $33 a night.

I am just wondering in which way to go by maybe renting a cottage there or to bring my rv. I have an old 1984 ford c class with a 460 in it, and with pulling my trailer with trooper she only gets around 6 miles per gallon yes I know ha ha. and if I pull it with my GMC pick up I will get around 16 to 17 mpgs. So I have to do the math once I see how many miles it will be to get there. I hate to help the gas companies get rich !!! It may be cheaper for me to rent a cottage.

Thanks Steve

Thought of a small hitch. We will be arriving early, Wed or Thurs so unless they will let us pay a single space fee we will be in a different space than the group space. Also Lenny brings in Dobs and usually tries to stay in the outer lands so he doesn't brother anyone and the dogs can have a bit of freedom. So the two of us may not be in the group space. We also try to be in a remote space ourselves so maybe a group rate for individual spaces maybe better. Also can't have a tree block my dish, LOL !

rocmoc n AZ

Wow, I just went on the reservation site to check rates. That is one expensive park. Maybe we should stay in Slab City !!!! Rick, don't make any commitment yet so we can all kick this around. Maybe Slab City is an option. Let me do a little searching for Boondocking sites in the area. Rick, do you know of any?

rocmoc n AZ

Rick, how would we share power between 4 or more rigs? My understanding is there are two hookups. I need 50 amps to run the AC.

rocmoc n AZ

One other possibility is have the Jamboree at Superstition. It is all Boondocking. What do other people think? The rate at the KOA is $55-65 a night for a single space if Rick's idea doesn't work.

rocmoc n AZ

I don't have any problems with the Superstition. Always wanterd to check out the areaa anyway.

Lenny

I don’t care where as long as I’m there. I’m getting closer to making a commitment. Thanks to you guys I have several possibilities and have time to get it right. Here is a question out of the blue. There is an outfit called Postal Pete that sells New Right Hand Drive Jeeps to postal delivery people in the US. My question is, can Right Hand Drive vehicles be driven in the US if not delivery post? These are way cheaper than here in NZ and could look at one.

Cheers Mike.

I don’t care where as long as I’m there. I’m getting closer to making a commitment. Thanks to you guys I have several possibilities and have time to get it right. Here is a question out of the blue. There is an outfit called Postal Pete that sells New Right Hand Drive Jeeps to postal delivery people in the US. My question is, can Right Hand Drive vehicles be driven in the US if not delivery post? These are way cheaper than here in NZ and could look at one.

Cheers Mike.

YES they can be driven & owned in US. There is not any rule in US that a vehicle has to be driven from left or right.

I don't have any problems with the Superstition. Always wanterd to check out the areaa anyway.

Lenny

We are talking about Superstition just NorthWest of El Centro, CA., http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm This area has a trail that was picked as one of BF Goodrich Top Trails in USA. Don't know if I would go that far but it is pretty nice. It is all boondocking with lots of space. I drove by there two years ago when I watch a TV Off-Road program featuring the trail and put it on my bucket list of places I had to off-road. Has a mix of Sand Dunes to Hard Pack. VERY easy acess & supplies withing 10 miles should you need anything.

Rick jump in, I not trying to steal you thunder. What ya think?

Also less than a 100 miles from Flatbed. I have his home number and will call him when we finalize.

rocmoc n AZ

Wow, I just went on the reservation site to check rates. That is one expensive park. Maybe we should stay in Slab City !!!! Rick, don't make any commitment yet so we can all kick this around. Maybe Slab City is an option. Let me do a little searching for Boondocking sites in the area. Rick, do you know of any?

rocmoc n AZ

group sites and some of the regular sites have two 30/50 amp boxes for each space,accomadates two rigs.slab city is maybe 10 miles or so south along the channel.losts of open space but also lots of boondockers kind of spread out and marked their own territory.I have seen some spots that people boondock back in the trails.They exit the 10 fwy at red cloud road up by carico(wrong spelling) summit and head back into the area.seen toyhaulers and motorhomes bac in there but it is a rough dirt/rock road.will get gps and post.

I do a little dirt road with the motorhome but it really is good for it. The air filter takes a beating and cost around $70.

So you are saying we could get two rigs into a single site & four in the group and everyone will have power. Will the park owners let us do that? I don't have a problem sharing the site. We can spread out when we move to the next stop. Well we know I am very vocal, what does everyone else think?

rocmoc n AZ

I do a little dirt road with the motorhome but it really is good for it. The air filter takes a beating and cost around $70.

So you are saying we could get two rigs into a single site & four in the group and everyone will have power. Will the park owners let us do that? I don't have a problem sharing the site. We can spread out when we move to the next stop. Well we know I am very vocal, what does everyone else think?

rocmoc n AZ

yes,two rigs per site with power for each.not sure what you mean by four in the group?? I will have to pull out park map.Maybe you can call and verify your questions.they are closed right now to puplic but open to some full timers there and construction crews so maybe they will answer.

We are talking about Superstition just NorthWest of El Centro, CA., http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm This area has a trail that was picked as one of BF Goodrich Top Trails in USA. Don't know if I would go that far but it is pretty nice. It is all boondocking with lots of space. I drove by there two years ago when I watch a TV Off-Road program featuring the trail and put it on my bucket list of places I had to off-road. Has a mix of Sand Dunes to Hard Pack. VERY easy acess & supplies withing 10 miles should you need anything.

Rick jump in, I not trying to steal you thunder. What ya think?

Also less than a 100 miles from Flatbed. I have his home number and will call him when we finalize.

rocmoc n AZ

No worries,no thunder to steal.Its all about what the group wants to do.just want to make it clear as to pricing and spaces at koa.Yes individual sites are around 50-55 a night.I think even on those sites if you pay for friday and saturday you will get sunday night for a dollar.That comes out to about 36 bucks a night for the three nights.If you stay thursday through monday morning you pay for the three nights at regular rate(say 55 a night) and then on sunday night you pay a buck and that will end up being about 44 bucks a night for the four nights.On the group sites they are 180 foot long x 55 feet wide with two 30/50 amp power posts,one for each rig.If all want to either boondock in that area or move the jamboree to superstition that also works for me.I do think we need to make that decision soon.

No worries,no thunder to steal.Its all about what the group wants to do.just want to make it clear as to pricing and spaces at koa.Yes individual sites are around 50-55 a night.I think even on those sites if you pay for friday and saturday you will get sunday night for a dollar.That comes out to about 36 bucks a night for the three nights.If you stay thursday through monday morning you pay for the three nights at regular rate(say 55 a night) and then on sunday night you pay a buck and that will end up being about 44 bucks a night for the four nights.On the group sites they are 180 foot long x 55 feet wide with two 30/50 amp power posts,one for each rig.If all want to either boondock in that area or move the jamboree to superstition that also works for me.I do think we need to make that decision soon.

I agree, we need to settle on dates and location soon and then leave it alone so plans can get under way. Especially for Brostar who has a much more complicated logistics to attend. Either placeis fine with Jeanne and I but I do think we need to stay away from any holiday week ends.

Lenny

I agree, we need to settle on dates and location soon and then leave it alone so plans can get under way. Especially for Brostar who has a much more complicated logistics to attend. Either placeis fine with Jeanne and I but I do think we need to stay away from any holiday week ends.

Lenny

lenny, you are right.Im not positive but i think the weekend after our dates is easter,if we do decide on the koa we should reserve soon to avoid the people that might be planing on staying from our weekend to the next.

And as always I will whine, p*ss & moan then fall in line and have a GREAT time, LOL ! Your the man, tell us when !

rocmoc n AZ

finnally got a response from Cal at glamis north KOA.the weekend of the 20th -22nd currently looks good.I will be speaking to him again tomorrow but we may have to all make the reservations real soon to lock in the dates and sites.will let you know more tomorrow.