rocmoc

Spring or Fall  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you attend?

• Mid-April to Late April
    • Early November to Mid-Nov
    • Either
    • Neither

finnally got a response from Cal at glamis north KOA.the weekend of the 20th -22nd currently looks good.I will be speaking to him again tomorrow but we may have to all make the reservations real soon to lock in the dates and sites.will let you know more tomorrow.

Thanks Rick for all the work your doing for us.

Lenny

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates?

Just found out there is a Car Convention I would like to go to April 25th-30th.

Trying to juggle too many Play Dates, LOL ! Toy play dates only one Lady/better 3/4's and she goes with me.

rocmoc n AZ

should have something in the next day or two.They have been getting ready for the re-opening this past weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

should have something in the next day or two.They have been getting ready for the re-opening this past weekend.

Rick, what have you come up with? I'm thinking that Brostar wants to come but needs lots time ahead to plan. Are the dates and location extablished for sure? If they are, could you please post them and show them as the final dicisions made on these issues. I know your busy cleaning your Trooper but I think that the only thing you can still do to get it cleaner is to use a dis-infectant on it.

Lenny

Rick, what have you come up with? I'm thinking that Brostar wants to come but needs lots time ahead to plan. Are the dates and location extablished for sure? If they are, could you please post them and show them as the final dicisions made on these issues. I know your busy cleaning your Trooper but I think that the only thing you can still do to get it cleaner is to use a dis-infectant on it.

Lenny

Date and location are set.I need to speak to Cal the owner and set up how we are to make and pay the deposit.I did call them last week and left a message and have not heard back.I will call him again tomorrow.Yes been very busy but sorry to say not cleaning the Trooper.Cant clean it if it hasnt even been out on the trails since April.

Okay here is what you need to do if you plan on attending. Go to www.glamisnorthkoa.com web site, click on the reservation tab.Then click on the "reserve your site online" tab. Fill in your reservation dates and details and click next. Scroll down to the third from the bottom which will be Facing patio double group sites and click the select button to the right. That will take you to the page where you will need to give your credit card info to leave a deposit.You will see the total amount for the site for the days you plan on staying.You will be required to leave a deposit for half the amount.Remember once you get there and check in you will only be charged for half the site. For example if you plan on being there Friday the 20th and leaving Monday the 23rd your total will show $218.18 and will be asked to leave a deposit of $108.55 so once checking in you may not owe anything more.(hope this makes sense).On that same page you will see a box near the bottom to write in any special requests. You need to put in there that you are part of the utvboard group and also include the screen name you use here on the forum. If this sounds to complicated(which it does to me and i already made my reservations) then you can also call them at 760 354-1010 and make your reservations, just remember to tell them you are with the utvboard group.

uhh rick, that's good info, but what are the dates? 20 to the 23 of what month, April 2012? That would be Fri to Mon.

Never mind, looks like MR. Rocmoc got the job done, good going!

Kinarfi

Got a question, what if you're a poor old cheapskate and/or don't want to spend the 108 or 216, can you just drive off into the surrounding hills and camp? or does that get you some kind of a ticket or fine?

As for me, I have not decided to come as of yet, probably won't.

Kinarfi, I didn't do it. Slab City, http://www.slabcity.org/ is about 15 miles or less as the crow flies but I don't know if there is a direct route along the canal there. You can dry camp there for free.

I am also going to Superstition near El Centro , http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm , before Rick's Jamboree and Ehrenberg Sandbowl between Blythe & Quartzite, http://www.go-arizona.com/Ehrenberg-Sandbowl-OHV-Area/ after Rick's Jamboree. I will say upfront we have to leave Sat early afternoon of the Jamboree and will return Sunday late afternoon. I have already worked it out with the KOA for us to leave the Trooper & trailer there as we have to run into LA. We have not decided yet if we will just come back to pick up the Trooper & trailer and move on to Ehrenberg or stay the night. We will be arriving Wed or Thurs at the KOA coming from Superstition.

rocmoc n AZ

uhh rick, that's good info, but what are the dates? 20 to the 23 of what month, April 2012? That would be Fri to Mon.

Never mind, looks like MR. Rocmoc got the job done, good going!

Kinarfi

Got a question, what if you're a poor old cheapskate and/or don't want to spend the 108 or 216, can you just drive off into the surrounding hills and camp? or does that get you some kind of a ticket or fine?

As for me, I have not decided to come as of yet, probably won't.

I put the dates in the topic as requested, April 20th - 23rd. If anyone wishes to come early or stay later that can be accomadated also.There is places in the desert to stay,closest would probably be slab city about maybe 7 miles or so to the south.They also have two places they recommend to rent ATV's from. The first is a place called rentrtoyz.com and they are in Anaheim Ca 714 240-7666,they also rent RV's from what i understand and the other is from a guy by the name of Bobby from what they told me and his number is 714 296-2303. I will PM Brostar this info also.

Tried to pm brostar but his box is full.If anyone can reach him let him know to check this out.Thanks,

Kinarfi, I didn't do it. Slab City, http://www.slabcity.org/ is about 15 miles or less as the crow flies but I don't know if there is a direct route along the canal there. You can dry camp there for free.

I am also going to Superstition near El Centro , http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm , before Rick's Jamboree and Ehrenberg Sandbowl between Blythe & Quartzite, http://www.go-arizona.com/Ehrenberg-Sandbowl-OHV-Area/ after Rick's Jamboree. I will say upfront we have to leave Sat early afternoon of the Jamboree and will return Sunday late afternoon. I have already worked it out with the KOA for us to leave the Trooper & trailer there as we have to run into LA. We have not decided yet if we will just come back to pick up the Trooper & trailer and move on to Ehrenberg or stay the night. We will be arriving Wed or Thurs at the KOA coming from Superstition.

rocmoc n AZ

i made my reservation for Friday-Monday as of now but am trying to get off to come Wednesday night or Thursday morning.Glad they worked with you on leaving the trooper overnight, thay are real nice people there.

I put the dates in the topic as requested, April 20th - 23rd. If anyone wishes to come early or stay later that can be accomadated also.There is places in the desert to stay,closest would probably be slab city about maybe 7 miles or so to the south.They also have two places they recommend to rent ATV's from. The first is a place called rentrtoyz.com and they are in Anaheim Ca 714 240-7666,they also rent RV's from what i understand and the other is from a guy by the name of Bobby from what they told me and his number is 714 296-2303. I will PM Brostar this info also.

Tried to pm brostar but his box is full.If anyone can reach him let him know to check this out.Thanks,

Jeanne is in touch with Brostar almost daily so she will sent the message about his full box.

Lenny

Rick,

Are we going to need a Dunes Pass because of the proximity being near Glamis Dunes? A Dunes Pass is NOT required at Superstition or in AZ. I know you have to have a off-road sticker and California recognizes other states such as AZ & UT. How heavy is enforcement? My past experience is CA is not a State to mess around with as they will ticket you big-time!

Also anyone is welcome to join us at the other locations.

rocmoc n AZ

Sorry Rick, I've deleted some messages so you should be sweet now.

Cheers Mike.

Sorry Rick, I've deleted some messages so you should be sweet now.

Cheers Mike.

Brostar,

Just tried agin and message will not go through.I just wanted to make sure you got the latest info.Also wanted to give you the details about the ATV rentals if you needed them.They have two places they recommend to rent ATV's from. The first is a place called rentrtoyz.com and they are in Anaheim Ca 714 240-7666,they also rent RV's from what i understand and the other is from a guy by the name of Bobby from what they told me and his number is 714 296-2303. Hope you can make it in April.

Rick,

Are we going to need a Dunes Pass because of the proximity being near Glamis Dunes? A Dunes Pass is NOT required at Superstition or in AZ. I know you have to have a off-road sticker and California recognizes other states such as AZ & UT. How heavy is enforcement? My past experience is CA is not a State to mess around with as they will ticket you big-time!

Also anyone is welcome to join us at the other locations.

rocmoc n AZ

I been to the KOA about 5 times and never needed a pass.From what i understand the pass is needed for a primary vehicle to enter the Imperial sand dunes area.We will be about 30 miles or so North.Not sure if a pass would be needed if we were to take the canal road down there to the dunes or not. I have sent a message to the KOA to clarify that for us.

I believe the pass is around $50. I don't need to do the sand dunes myself if the pass is required as I am playing in the sand at the other two location. But that is just me. Since we won't be there Sat. afternoon & Sunday, those days could be the run to the dunes so we don't spoil it for others. Just a thought!

rocmoc n AZ

This is what we have decided to do,

We will arrive at Supersition near El Centro, CA mid-afternoon Sunday April 15th. This will allow riding Sun, Mon, Tues & Wed. We will move to the KOA Thursday morning early. If after we are Supersition for a couple of days we could always move over earlier. We will be at KOA until we have to leave for LA Saturday afternoon. Will return late Sunday afternoon pickup the Trooper & Trailer. We would like to move to Ehrenberg, AZ Sunday night but if it is too late we will just dry camp the night at Slab City. We will then move on to Ehrenberg early the next morning. We will stay at Ehrenberg till at least April 25 and possibly the 26th. ALL dry camping / boondocking except the time at KOA.

That is the plan and hope you can join us.

I will be calling the KOA today to make our reservations.

rocmoc n AZ

This is what we have decided to do,

We will arrive at Supersition near El Centro, CA mid-afternoon Sunday April 15th. This will allow riding Sun, Mon, Tues & Wed. We will move to the KOA Thursday morning early. If after we are Supersition for a couple of days we could always move over earlier. We will be at KOA until we have to leave for LA Saturday afternoon. Will return late Sunday afternoon pickup the Trooper & Trailer. We would like to move to Ehrenberg, AZ Sunday night but if it is too late we will just dry camp the night at Slab City. We will then move on to Ehrenberg early the next morning. We will stay at Ehrenberg till at least April 25 and possibly the 26th. ALL dry camping / boondocking except the time at KOA.

That is the plan and hope you can join us.

I will be calling the KOA today to make our reservations.

rocmoc n AZ

If when you call and speak to Cal you might ask him about the permit, I dont think it would be needed even if we were to take a trip down to the dunes.

OK our reservation is made arriving the 19th. Good News our business in LA is the weekend before so we will be there Sat & Sun.

Talked to Cal and he said technically you are required a Dunes Pass when you go to the Glamis Dunes area. But he said there is an area about 30 minutes away with huge dunes that is rarely to never used by anyone therefore no one there to check for Dunes Pass. If you go on further to the Store you will get tagged.

I also asked if we arrived earlier or stayed longer if there was a problem and because of the time of year NO PROBLEM.

Nice guy, even gave me his personal Cell # should we have a problem or need access to him directly. Rick, I am PM his number to you.

rocmoc n AZ

Brostar,

Just tried agin and message will not go through.I just wanted to make sure you got the latest info.Also wanted to give you the details about the ATV rentals if you needed them.They have two places they recommend to rent ATV's from. The first is a place called rentrtoyz.com and they are in Anaheim Ca 714 240-7666,they also rent RV's from what i understand and the other is from a guy by the name of Bobby from what they told me and his number is 714 296-2303. Hope you can make it in April.

Hey Rick, sorry about that. I’m not too sure what’s going on, but I have just deleted a lot more messages and sent you a PM. Hopefully that gets through.

Cheers Mike.