Spring or Fall  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you attend?

• Mid-April to Late April
    • Early November to Mid-Nov
    • Either
    • Neither

Rick,

Is the group camping the sites all the way to the rear of the campground on Dog Patch Lane? If so, the owner said there were 4 hookups per site. In looking on GoogleEarth, it will be a tight fit if we have a lot of big rigs. Should we do a poll/question as to how large people's rigs are.

I will be in a big rig, 50 feet long without my trailer ramps extended. 108 inches wide without my stairs out and awnings open.

Not trying to be a pain but I don't want to get there and not be able to fit.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

Is the group camping the sites all the way to the rear of the campground on Dog Patch Lane? If so, the owner said there were 4 hookups per site. In looking on GoogleEarth, it will be a tight fit if we have a lot of big rigs. Should we do a poll/question as to how large people's rigs are.

I will be in a big rig, 50 feet long without my trailer ramps extended. 108 inches wide without my stairs out and awnings open.

Not trying to be a pain but I don't want to get there and not be able to fit.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc,

site is 55'x180', each rig pulls in from opposite direction and are side by side.see link below to KOA map of site.That photo on google earth is an old one(at least the one i saw zooming in)the layout of the sites look different now.

https://koa.com/cont...f.axd?width=800

Lenny,

Bring the chain saw, we will chop off the hot tub from the back of rocmocs rig so it will fit.(LOL)

m

rocmoc,

site is 55'x180', each rig pulls in from opposite direction and are side by side.see link below to KOA map of site.

https://koa.com/cont...f.axd?width=800

Lenny,

Bring the chain saw, we will chop off the hot tub from the back of rocmocs rig so it will fit.(LOL)

m

LOL, I was leaving the hot tub at home since KOA already has a few. BUT I am also leaving my suit home also, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Looks to me like each of the 2 main sites will take 4 big rigs each if not 6.

Lenny

I was there this past weekend and Cal got me into one of what they call the golf course sites that is suppose to handle two rigs end to end. W ell that wouldnt happen. the place was booked and those sites had two rigs on each but most had to disconnect their trailers and put them along side their rig.

I got a call from the KOA campground we will be staying at and they would like to know if we would be interested in what they call an upgrade area.Its an area they call snob hill.We would each have our own long site instead of two on each and be able to pull in in opposite directions because each site has hook ups on each side of the site.They would charge us the same as the patio sites.These are closer to the road to most of the trails and closer to the pool and office/restaurant but yet still kind of isolated.The only drawback if you want to call it that is that area goes up a slight hill(why they call it snob hill) and each site as you go up is about 1 1/2 ft higher then the next. The sites themselves are level.Let me know what you think so i can get back to them.

Thanks,

OK with me. Remember, Lenny & myself are arriving Thursday. Two per site is better than 4 to me!!!!!! I have to have 50 amp!!!

Weather forecast is looking good. Touch warm during the day, cool at night and no wind / just a breeze. LOOKING GOOD!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

OK with me. Remember, Lenny & myself are arriving Thursday. Two per site is better than 4 to me!!!!!! I have to have 50 amp!!!

Weather forecast is looking good. Touch warm during the day, cool at night and no wind / just a breeze. LOOKING GOOD!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc,

Sorry but you had it wrong,there would only be two on the original site and on the new site there is only one per site.Yes there is the 50amp.The sites are plenty long and as mentioned can pul in from either direction because each site has two hook ups(one on each side so it doesnt matter which way you face.I think all would like it better.I thought you were coming on wednesday?

TIPS,,,If your coming to the jamboree..

1) Once at the campground its about 20 miles to the nearest gas station.If your coming from the south,best to stop in Brawley for fuel and any groceries.The small store at the campground does not have much in the way of food.If coming from the north best to stop in Indio for the fuel and food.From what i am told there is a SMALL market about 5-6 miles from the campground in Bombay Beach but again they are not known to have much.The campgrounds restaurant is open Friday,Saturday and Sunday morning.Saturday and Sunday morning they serve free pancake breakfast.

2) If interested they do have a pool and hot mineral tubs so bring your trunks.Rocmoc already said he will not be wearing any,maybe that was while on his dirt bike.

3) Best to bring a dust mask and an extra air filter for your buggy or at least clean daily,there is a fine dust.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and i will do my best to get the answer for you.Have a safe drive.

Saddly I gave up today. I have working on issues & mods on my Toys & Trailer. Nothing is going well and I have ran out of gas, I am pooped! So I have to slow down to complete everything safely & correctly. I have cancelled our reservation BUT will make it by the Campground Late Saturday afternoon. I want to say Hi to everyone and I am bring the remaining spare Trooper parts I have. There were a few items I had triples of and will list them in a seperate post. I will list the parts tomorrow. At any rate I will be selling some Trooper parts Late Sat afternoon at the Campground and then will continue on to see our kids. VERY, very sorry but when the Trooper sold it threw a huge wrench in my plans.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Showa, sorry to hear you will miss the Jamboree. We will have to make you Jamboree HOST for next year. That is how it is done, whoever is not at the Jamboree is IT!!!

Try and make it to Coral Pink Sands May 4th. Lenny, Kinarfi & Myself will be there.

I have another day of work on the rigs, hard stuff is done. Load tomorrow AM and head out to the Jamboree in the afternoon.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 weeks later...