Quantcast

Electric 4x4 locker failure question

Tinman

Tempting, but it still has the cheap plastic gears, right? Or has it been updated?

I've worked a simple system to switch from 2x4 to 4x4. I'll be rigging it up in the next few days and will post pics.

Why don't you put it up on ebay? I'm sure it'll sell.

Tempting, but it still has the cheap plastic gears, right? Or has it been updated?

I've worked a simple system to switch from 2x4 to 4x4. I'll be rigging it up in the next few days and will post pics.

Why don't you put it up on ebay? I'm sure it'll sell.

No problem, I will be. Just too busy currently.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks Joyner performance, I'll take a look.

I've received a PDF from joyner on the new system, as per attached file. It's in Chinese, but the diagrams are clear. It's an easy build, or oyu can order the parts by part #.

I've decided to use a threaded rod to activate the pin. Once it's all done I'll send in pics.

At the moment, I've cut the electric housing enough to allow me to turn the main gear BY HAND to connect or disconnect the 4x4.

_TR1100.pdf

No problem, I will be. Just too busy currently.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Joynerperformance

The Kit is complete.Easy to install Is is a cable system.I have posted a picture of dash leaver it works just like joyner system but is easy to install.With the joyner system you had to remove front drive shaft and replace the nose cone.Our system just replaces the elect unit and install manual cable to dash.It has no gears no plastic all manual kit.And no removing driveshaft or replacing nose cone.1 year warranty

Do you have a webpage?

I'd imagine you'd have to use a lever system at the differential, as the pin is springloaded to come out, not in. I already have a home-made system in place, but would prefer somthing better.

I'd like to make sure of what I'm buying before I actually do purchase it. Can you send me a pic to my email paul_neto (at) hotmail (dot) com

The other option is to put this listed for sale on ebay, and send me the link.

Way overpriced. Especially because we are only needing it because joyner put out POS system in the first place. Thanks joyner. I can

get a beautifully manufactured OX Shifter & cable for less.

Joynerperformance

As dealers we recived buggy as they came.Sorry that the box was not vary well though out.But all i can say is that the kit takes about 2 1/2 hours to fab + parts so thats way we charge this price.We sell kits to many customers and had no complant.This is a hobby for me and like to make things for Joyners.

Thanks

Rick

Especially because we are only needing it because joyner put out POS system in the first place.

Disagree! The unit works well but needs to be waterproofed. Even with the major off-road toys manufactures, Honda, Yamaha & others, you have always had to waterproof and continue waterproofing. I raced many of them thu the years in wet weather. Mine Joyner unit worked great but I never played in the water. If you notice where electrical issues are arising on the Trooper, it is mostly in areas where people play in water or wet weather. Where do they come for quality older cars, dry climate. Water is a killer!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

To Rocmoc:

When I took everything apart, I was astounded that tiny plastic gears (especially the one with the 5/16 drive gear) is what pushed a high tension pin in. It lasted 2k. I'm impressed. I expected it to last 2 minutes. This wasn't water damage, it was cheap design. I find better quality gears on toy cars, and it's uncharacteristic of the quality of everything else. Of course, this is IMO. Lenny is the tech guru, maybe he has a better idea of what these gears can take.

To Joyner Performance:

You can't expect anyone to buy something on word alone - i.e. it's great! You need to provide pics of what people will be purchasing.

To Lenny: I'm still drooling over your machine.

Guest Lenny

To Lenny: I'm still drooling over your machine.

I'll take $26,000 for it. Not because I want to sell it, I really don't. But I would really like to design one from scratch and I can't do that and keep the Trooper at the same time. I've got more then that into it not including the hundreds and hundreds of hours of time. Would love to build one with a diesel engine. About 140 hp and 230 foot pounds of torque. 24" of suspension and about the same size as the Trooper. Would like to get it in at about 1400 lbs. Want to try some things I have never seen done before. I guess I can dream. Besides what I already have is really fast and handles flawless thru most anything going slow or very fast. You have got to be real serious to want to put $26,000 into a trooper. It just happened over time and I loved every minute of it and don't regret any of it.

Lenny

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Not drooling that much, hehe. If I weren't here full time volunteering at my own cost, I'd be back home. With my Ducati.

I don't imagine you would be. That is a lot of money. I'm not really serious, Just wanted to see how many would say I was nuts. It's really a self supporting hobby for me. Over the years, I've sold enough upgrades to pretty well pay for everything. Kinda figure that if I make a buck because I have a Trooper, I get to spend it on my Trooper. I would like to some day build one from scratch, with a diesel, but not now.

Lenny

Skoda makes a new car with a 3 cyl diesel. The 1.2 litre engine makes 83 freakin miles per gallon.

http://www.nextgreencar.com/view-car/27146/SKODA-Fabia-Estate-Diesel-Manual-5-speed

I want the engine for my VW Spacefox. I know, the name is curious, but I was told they named it after Spaceballs.

In all seriousness, yours is an awesome machine and you obviously know your stuff.

When I worked in Canada, I had open access to all the (idle) machines in the tool and die shop I worked in, and had tons of fun fabricating pieces for my motorcycles. Now, I have a file and hacksaw, and a local machine shop with a half-dozen machinists with no tools, and unable to read them even if they could. I've worked on their machines at times, but they have NO MILLING MACHINE. How can they have a machine shop without a milling machine??? The owner doesn't even know WHAT IT IS. EGAD.

Joynerperformance

As dealers we recived buggy as they came.Sorry that the box was not vary well though out.But all i can say is that the kit takes about 2 1/2 hours to fab + parts so thats way we charge this price.We sell kits to many customers and had no complant.This is a hobby for me and like to make things for Joyners.

Thanks

Rick

Ahhh, so this is Rick. I thought it was Joyner USA. Did you post that somewhere or were we just supposed to know??? I was trying to beat them up for a lower price. I also thought it was weird that it looked like the exact same unit as the one you were selling when you were with Silverbullet. I think it is a high price. That is is just my opinion. I am glad you are making aftermarket stuff for Joyners. I wish there were more of you. I just think the price point is high by about $20-$30.