Quantcast

MODS WORTH EVERY PENNY...

Tinman

Here's the place where everyone can describe their mod that really made a difference. Pics would be really helpful.

I'm not referring to the 'must do' list of mods, but rather to stuff like suspension, electrical and so on that made your machine better.

#1 on what I would like to see is suspension. Charlie installed some awesome shocks, but what have you done? Cost / supplier / how it helped would be awesome...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did lol! My new rear air shocks should hopefully be delivered by next Friday! I returned the fix 2.0 and will be installing 2.5 sway away 10" travel air shocks 1500lbs sprung weight.

I also installed a stero system!!!

Had a soft top made for it

Lenny's steering kit

I consider this all fun improvements and makes me happy I have my trooper

Wow, thats a tough one. There is hardly a part on mine that hasn't been modified. There are three things that stand out, better suspension, bigger tires and more power. Going to 14-1/2" of suspension travel both front and rear has allowed me to go much faster thru the rough stuff and had made the ride much more supple when just going for an easy ride. The bigger tires, 31" diameter, again add to the ride improvement. Being bigger, I can run them softer. Being bigger they rollover obsticles with less effort and lessen the impact of the hit. Also, being bigger they give me good support in sand and soft ground. The added clearance is always nice too. The added power is really fun and greatly adds to the driving enjoymentl. When running trails, I do a lot less shifting. It just pulls hard all the way down to low rpms. Being able to power slide turns and power out of them strong is a riot. Some of the less impacting items but still major improvements are my new racing seats which are supper comfortable and hold you in real good. The new roll bar setup with doors makes me feel much more secure and lowered the Troopers heigth considerabley. Good seatbelts. I now use them a lot because they are easy to use. Lord knows the stock seat belts are a real peice of junk. A lot of people don't use them because they are about worthless. A windsheild that folds forward. Sometimes it's nice to have and other times nicer to not have it. Everything I have done has been worth every penny and the hours of time.

Lenny

Yes I did they are the high low beams that I used in the front....Just hooked up the High side...I run a relay switched power off the reverse light switch...works nice ! Now I can see in the dark backing down the hills I don't make.......LOL

Also they are old KC highlighters that the chrome was shot in so I just replaced the inside with a sealed beam....

Also to keep my cost way down and just add a little more safety. These tubing's we are adding are really not structural so they are just conduit...I would say there more stiffeners there for in case....The rock slides that are going on are black Iron 11/4...The doors will be black iron..1/1/4.. I would use DOM but try to find it were I live gets expensive....Conduit 10.00 for a 10ft section.. My one friend had a toyota 4x4 he tubed the whole truck except the frame and it held very well....Like my nephew said last night Quote: You break or damage one of these your gonna have more things to worry about then this pipe....LOL

I am now messing with putting in electric assist steering from a cobalt..Got one from Ebay for 85.00 so its worth at least trying....Better then the hydraulic I was going to do I think..

I would like to know more about the cobalt power steering if you get it successfully working....

I want power steering electronic one but not from sb

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I am not paying 1200.00 for power steering......I will keep everyone updated...Whats the worst?...I already don't have power steering. LOL

do a search on here. about 6 or 7 of us got it for $400.00 but we had to make the bracket and modify the steering shaft. Last i heard the price was up to $600 but not sure.

K. I've seen that on ebay.

Some of my mods - fuse box and 4x4 manual lever can be seen here. I have a few more things done, but nothing major. I was hoping to hear about suspension choices...

http://www.pauldayto.../spotlight.html

i am running QA1 shocks on all 4 corners, they were pretty much a direct bolt in. single adjustment screw for up and down. im in Canada so the supplier i used is probably out of the question down there. VERY happy with them and total price, dealer installed was about $ 980 cdn. now that i have them, i wonder why i rode so long without.

i am running QA1 shocks on all 4 corners, they were pretty much a direct bolt in. single adjustment screw for up and down. im in Canada so the supplier i used is probably out of the question down there. VERY happy with them and total price, dealer installed was about $ 980 cdn. now that i have them, i wonder why i rode so long without.

What part # for qa1? How is the ride if you don't mind telling us. Do it allow your t2 to flex?

as i said, all 4 are QA1

Fronts are a DS702 with a 14-110 spring

Rears are a DS902 with a 14-300 spring

i ride the foothills and mountains and on most trails dont make it out of second gear. This is why i have it sprung so light, with just the driver seat full and a light load of supplies it rides like a dream, when both seats are full and enough gear for 2 it is definatly too light, over medium whoops the tires get into the fenders a little. the fronts are a dirrect bolt in, the rears need limit straps to keep the axle's from rubbing the trailing arm.

i am a newbie on here so if someone will tell me how to upload pics i have a few.

as i said, all 4 are QA1 Fronts are a DS702 with a 14-110 spring Rears are a DS902 with a 14-300 spring i ride the foothills and mountains and on most trails dont make it out of second gear. This is why i have it sprung so light, with just the driver seat full and a light load of supplies it rides like a dream, when both seats are full and enough gear for 2 it is definatly too light, over medium whoops the tires get into the fenders a little. the fronts are a dirrect bolt in, the rears need limit straps to keep the axle's from rubbing the trailing arm. i am a newbie on here so if someone will tell me how to upload pics i have a few.

as far as requesting specific pressure's, no i didnt. they came right out of the cataloug. just had to figure out the springs i wanted.

Also for those people who still are using stock air box from 09 + newer trooper with a Fram air filter.. This is my ghetto free flowing air intake box until i get a real k&n cone air filter with 2" mounting diameter to mount directly on the throttle body.

I call this "Swiss air box" nothing Swedish about it naturally....

I do it on my daily driver beater cars also it increase noise like k&n air filter but is just cheaper lol.

I used 1"hole saw to cut the holes in the bottom half of the air boxu6u8ezyn.jpg