Quantcast

help with no start T-2 1999

justme254

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Trooper is covered also including all modifications. I keep receipts for everything I've done. Another thing that makes a difference in cost is the limit of liability. My wife takes care of all our insurance needs so she knows our details. Years ago, she was an insurance underwriter so I stay out of it. I figure the liability coverage needs to be high enough to prevent the posibility of a serious accident or event using up the limit and then cleaning you out leaving leaving me with nothing.

Lenny

copied from policy access via web
2008 JOYNER 1100CC ATV Coverage
Coverage Details
Premium
Liability - bodily injury / property damage $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident / $50,000 each accident $38.06
Medical Payments $5,000 each person $32.00
Uninsured Motor Vehicle -bodily injury $25,000 each person / $50,000 each accident $6.16
Underinsured Motor Vehicle - bodily injury $10,000 each person / $20,000 each accident $5.10
Total Premium (total premium includes your discounts) $81.32

I will post a photo later and show you my camo Trooper with a heated cab and Mattracks or tracked wheels. I also installed a dead switch so it cant be stolen again. It took them less than 2 minutes to steal it.Off to install all your great ideas and I hope to tell you it is running very soon.

Thanks everyone E-ya soon

Hey, mattracks!?!? Those are sweet I'd love to have few sets for rigs, but anyways I'm wondering. How did the people stole the t2 in less than two minutes?

I'm asking because I dobby have a luxury of having a garage for maybe a year so my t2 just sit outside.

I wanted to know what did they had to do to steal it away?

I plan on making changes to prevent that since I spent money on it (seem like everyone on this Forum modify their t2)

Brandon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They unscrewed the piece holding the key in the dash,pulled it out to under the dash in to the inner fender well, ripped the ignition key and had bare wires then just connected wires that let them start and drive it.I have it so it is in low gear so they stole it fast but the getaway must have been at a turtles speed. It took longer to drive it away than it did to steal it.

I like your low gear thinking. They would have to put out road blocks only 100 yards from your house. The rev limiter keeps them from hurting the engine and this being a pretty tough engine, it takes the revs well.

Lenny

They unscrewed the piece holding the key in the dash,pulled it out to under the dash in to the inner fender well, ripped the ignition key and had bare wires then just connected wires that let them start and drive it.I have it so it is in low gear so they stole it fast but the getaway must have been at a turtles speed. It took longer to drive it away than it did to steal it.

Geez thanks for that info I was thinking that or master shut off switch.... Looks like I got my work cut out for me this spring!

I hope u get both of t2 up and back to normal

Also when u said u have it in low gear, did you mean transmission in first gear?

I bought those by mail order from Power-sports Alaska. I have had those 3 or 4 years now. Good questions. I have the older model mattrack litefoot m-3 utv 3500 lbs. 2" tread.They sell a newer model now. It has both advantages and disadvantages and I had to learn to be real careful with them on that buggy. Upgraded the steering box, installed the new tracks but after one tiny test drive went back and put steering bump stops to limit the turning radius.They try to turn very well but the Joyner axles/CV joints were not made for the wider tracks. The tracks go great but are very low speed ,as it should be. It changes the gears way lower,in third low gear you can walk along beside it ,I toss firewood on it as it idles along. I made it for only low as yes I do have to be very careful with the tracks.They go good in deep snow,mud,swampy tundra,sand, and river beach sand and gravel.As I go down a hill I use some emergency brake or rear brake,you cant hit the bottom too fast it tries to turn the front tracks with too much stress and weight. They do not work well on solid bedrock with sharp rocks.One problem in a few mud-holes if a stick is buried the front goes over the stick but the rear tracks seem to go under the stick. Now I know what to watch for I think they are great. I haul a trailer at times with 500 to 700 lbs in just the trailer that has off-road truck tires and wheels but it pulls it like it is not there. The kids call it the Snail,they called it the Turtle at first but they thought it was much too slow for a turtle. In high gear and 4th gear it goes just under 40 mph so that is top speed. What I give up in speed I gain in torque.It will idle itself up over anything.

I have a lot of grease fluids and cables to repair but the Trooper runs well inside.

Just me,

Thanks for the insight on the lite foot that's very informative especially with steering..I wonder if wheel spacer that widen the stance will help increase steering throw without touching t2.

Yeah I heard the tracks are pretty low geared, and

I also heard they require more fuel to operate (worse mpg). Would u agree about the mpg being worse?