Quantcast

A 2013 Spring Jamboree March 8 -- 10

Guest Lenny

LENNY,

WE JUST MADE OUR RESERVATIONS AT THE CAMPSITE FOR THE RALLY. THERE ARE FOUR OF US WITH AN 800 VIPER AND A 650 SPIDER.

SINCE WE ARE TWO WHEEL DRIVE WILL WE HAVE ANY TROUBLE CLIMBING THE TRAILS? WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE RIDE EVEN THOUGH CASEY WILL NOT BE ATTENDING.

MARK 800 VIPER

Sure hope someone has wireless and post trip reports. Sorry we couldn't make it. We just return home from 10 weeks in the RV and the last thing we want to do is get back in it. Plus I have a little gas tank leak in the Jeep, 3 broken pipes (all outside) and a ton of defered maint. to complete.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hay guys! Keep an eye on the weather forecast. A cold front from the North is now in the forecast for this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad but may need to bundle up a little more. If ya get a little moisture it will keep the dust down, a good thing.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Guest Lenny

There isn't any bad weather when riding trails. It should be in the 70s daytime, 40s nite time. 30%chance of rain Friday, 10% Saturday and Sundays good. Not too shabby. When I was there there was no

dust. Lots of room for campers at the BLM site where I'll be camping for those who won't be staying at the campground. See my earlier post about access.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Just come on over to the otherside of the main highway. You will see a ATV/UTV parking area just to the right side of the store. If you go into it and follow the dirt trail/road that goes to the right in the rear right corner of the parking lot and take it up over the knoll, you should see where we will be camping. This road comes back out onto the main highway about 1/4 mile south west of the store. Just come on over when you get a chance. We'll probably try to do a morning ride but be back near noon time. After thet we will probably try to do another ride maybe 2-3 in the afternoon.

Lenny

Remember we are camping across from Castle Rock Shores not La Paz. So you will have to go towards Havasu on the highway from La paz campground and we will be right behind the last chance for gas station as you leave the Parker area and are going to Havasu. My cell is 714-865-2907. Thanks, Bruce

Hope you guys have a great time. Isn't it strange? I am south of you 200 miles but at 3200 feet alt and this is my weather forecast,

Overcast with snow showers and rain showers in the evening, then mostly cloudy with snow showers and rain showers. Low of 34F with a windchill as low as 27F. Windy. Winds from the SW at 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%.

Your forecast is much better, sure wish I had the Motorhome & Jeep ready to meet you all but not going to happen for a week or two. SO, I will have to wait for posts & PICS!

Have fun!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Guest Lenny

The rides were all great with a little bit of everything. Tight curvey up and down trails, Washes, and we even got a chance to compete in the Parker 400. We were so far ahead that we didn't see anyone else. It was fast just like the Baja race. Wide open, the Trophy Trucks don't have anything on us. If they know what is good for them, they get out of our way. We jockeyed for position with 'j bender' taking the lead for a while, bruhaw also took shot at the front running position but it was bruhaw's friend Tom that forgot to stop to turn around and really got way out front. Weather was great but could have had a bit more rain to further cut the dust which for the most part wasn't too bad. There was a couple of minor mechanicals but they didn't distract from a great time. It's always fun to meet more of the forum members. Great bunch of guys and gals. Couldn't get anyone to volinteer to check out any of the mine shafts. If they jumped in, we promised to drop them a rope but instead we had to throw a large rock down a few. It takes a while for the noise of it bouncing from side to side to stop, a long while. The Desert Bar was a great lunch and watering spot. It is out in the middle of the desert in the middle of nowhere. It's like a big party with about 200 people and great food. it has several levels from up high to down in and even a band. It was the best Jamboree yet. We all enjoyed each other so much that when we stopped, we talked so much that someone would finally have to say that we needed to get in some riding too. I'll be looking forward to the next one. We already decided to have another one in the same general area again. This area seems to be a good central area for a lot of forum members. We had 9 vehicles at one point, all Joyners. The 2 wheel drive Vipers were impressive and went everywhere the rest of us did.

Seeing as the ares has a lot to offer, on my way out, I checked out the area just southwest of Kingman, AZ. Its about 70 miles from where we were riding. I drove in south of Yucca, AZ about 8 miles up to the edge of the mountain range. Stopped and talked to a rancher and the end of the gravel road who welcomed us to camp at his dude rance. Well, its not really a dude ranch nor is it an RV park but he is raising cattle and he is all desert cowboy. Lots and lots of RV parking room but forget hookups, you'll need to be self contained. Said that the trail which starts just a little from his place says four wheel drive only. Looking at the trail map at the rangers office, the trails do a lot of squiggeling around which tells me that they are going thru some complicated terrain. Maybe we can get Don who lives in Lake Havasu or Bruce (spir of the moment) from Quartzite to do a trail report for us. He stopped buy just as we were leaving, Didn't know about the Jamboree otherwise he would have been with us too.

Lenny

The rides were all great with a little bit of everything. Tight curvey up and down trails, Washes, and we even got a chance to compete in the Parker 400. We were so far ahead that we didn't see anyone else. It was fast just like the Baja race. Wide open, the Trophy Trucks don't have anything on us. If they know what is good for them, they get out of our way. We jockeyed for position with 'j bender' taking the lead for a while, bruhaw also took shot at the front running position but it was bruhaw's friend Tom that forgot to stop to turn around and really got way out front. Weather was great but could have had a bit more rain to further cut the dust which for the most part wasn't too bad. There was a couple of minor mechanicals but they didn't distract from a great time. It's always fun to meet more of the forum members. Great bunch of guys and gals. Couldn't get anyone to volinteer to check out any of the mine shafts. If they jumped in, we promised to drop them a rope but instead we had to throw a large rock down a few. It takes a while for the noise of it bouncing from side to side to stop, a long while. The Desert Bar was a great lunch and watering spot. It is out in the middle of the desert in the middle of nowhere. It's like a big party with about 200 people and great food. it has several levels from up high to down in and even a band. It was the best Jamboree yet. We all enjoyed each other so much that when we stopped, we talked so much that someone would finally have to say that we needed to get in some riding too. I'll be looking forward to the next one. We already decided to have another one in the same general area again. This area seems to be a good central area for a lot of forum members. We had 9 vehicles at one point, all Joyners. The 2 wheel drive Vipers were impressive and went everywhere the rest of us did.

Seeing as the ares has a lot to offer, on my way out, I checked out the area just southwest of Kingman, AZ. Its about 70 miles from where we were riding. I drove in south of Yucca, AZ about 8 miles up to the edge of the mountain range. Stopped and talked to a rancher and the end of the gravel road who welcomed us to camp at his dude rance. Well, its not really a dude ranch nor is it an RV park but he is raising cattle and he is all desert cowboy. Lots and lots of RV parking room but forget hookups, you'll need to be self contained. Said that the trail which starts just a little from his place says four wheel drive only. Looking at the trail map at the rangers office, the trails do a lot of squiggeling around which tells me that they are going thru some complicated terrain. Maybe we can get Don who lives in Lake Havasu or Bruce (spir of the moment) from Quartzite to do a trail report for us. He stopped buy just as we were leaving, Didn't know about the Jamboree otherwise he would have been with us too.

Lenny

sounds like a great time. really sorry i missed it.

Lenny

You need to throw in a few gps coordinates to posts like this.