Quantcast

MuleDriver

Adjusting the idle on a 2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4 diesel

Does anyone know how to adjust the idle on a diesel mule? It was recently "serviced" (horrible service shop) and for some unexplained reason they increased the idle. I don't trust them enough to take it back, plus it's over a 3 hour drive round trip. I would like to turn it down myself. If needed, it's a KAF950.

Thanks!

There is an adjustment screw on the injector pump. Just follow the throttle cable to the pump and you will find it there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hisunsadman
      Last October we were sitting at an idle on a Sunday morning and it died for the first time since we time since we bought it new I've already sent it to the shop because it's under warranty after trying to fix it. New fuel injector new spark plug couldn't do a compression check because I couldn't find anything to fit it but now that it's at the shop I have a feeling that the exhaust valves tighten themselves up and they are not closing anybody ever have this problem?
    • By Travis
      scared me all the way to death and back.
    • By Hammer
      We have a new Mule Pro FX LE EPS.  It has the manual dump bed and looking to add some type of electric lift to it.  Even with a small load, two people can't dump it by hand.  Seems kind of a bad design, hinge point and the hydraulic strut assist is too far towards the back.  Been looking at electric actuators on ebay.  For those that have done this, do you put the actuator in place of the strut?  How does it work?  To me, I would think even with a 400lb actuator, it might struggle since it would be so far back.  Thinking of putting it towards the front more.  But not sure of the best place to mount it.  And would I need a super long stroke to get it to raise the bed all the way? 
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends, I have a new utv Hisun 700. My problem is idle adjustment.  How is idle adjustment done? While my engine is idling 2500- 2700 rpm. I need idling adjustment 1500 rpm. Where I am, there is no master who understands this tool. How do you do the idle setting? Can you help me? Hello everyone. Thank you.
    • By bjones
      2007 Mule 610,  owned for 8 yrs and valves were ticking when I got it and had them adjusted twice and this is when plugs began to foul.  I replaced battery (used battery I had on hand) a yr ago and didn't foul a plug for some time and replaced batter (new) with a bigger lawn mower type battery again a month ago and have fouled two plug since.  Had carb cleaned and valves adjusted and still fouls plugs way to often.  Friend has a mule just like mine and his does same thing. Have read this is a common problem with 610 mule.  Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks and stay healthy.