Quantcast

newbie1

New guy looking for help

Hi,

New member and new owner here and I’m looking for some advice.

I just got an old Kawasaki Mule 1000 with the liquid cooled 454b motor which is shot from a friend. Everything else is in good shape and works including the hydraulic dump. Does anyone know how hard it would be to re-power it with a Honda clone motor like this one sold at Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-hp-420cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-60340.html .

I’m thinking this would be a cheaper way to go and it would simplify the entire machine eliminating the cooling system. I’m hoping it would fit in but I have no specs on the old motor or torque converter so I don’t know if any of it would work so any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      Before
      Crank un-installedPiston INSTALLED after honing.Crank installed after honing.

Last pic is honed.
      Kind of blurry, took it with one hand. It looks better in person. It may not be professional quality but im 99.99999999999999999% sure it will work.
      Did better than I thought i would.

So now, only ONE more obstacle. the crankshaft axial play adjustment BUT
      I need someones opinion ( i took the piston back out afterwards) not sure if you can see it, but in the picture with cylinder honed, it's almost right where the  glare from the light is, and on top of the cylinder directly across from the spot, it looks like the hone didn't get ruffed up.  any ideas? out of round cylinder, cylinder wore and needs bored??

• By Nativespud
      New to the UTV world. Just bought a new Hisun sector 750 with cab and heater. Have not even gotten it dirty yet. I realize these machines take a lot of flack from owners of more name brand machines, but after ready lots of reviews and I decided that they are a good machine in my opinion. Working on modifying a trailer to haul it to the mountains right now.
    • By Tony Rea
      So, im new to UTV's always ridden ATV's typically the Polaris 850's and such and a few Rubicon's. Moved into the county with some land and figured I'd get back into the country mud. I've been doing some research on UTV's and I am impressed, I went to the local pony powersports and sat in a few atvs, being 6ft1 and 360lbs I wanted to make sure I could fit into one of them comfortably before doing my research on which one I wanted. My conclusion was - the Honda Pioneer 1000 limited edition , or the Polaris ranger xp 1000 (would prefer the highlander edition).  I was trying to do some research on which one is better, I know they are both leaders in the industry from the research I have done.  I'll mostly be driving through creeks taking it to some trails and moving some things here and there (firewood, fallen trees, ect.) the years im considering are 2017,2018 and if there is a big enough change in the model that a 2019 would make more sense then I would do that. Looking to spend 20k ish. Any help on deciding the better of the rangers and pioneers would be appreciated, or if you have another UTV a bigger guy should look into! 
    • By Steve T
      Has anyone installed a backup alarm on a mule sx. If so is it easy to figure out where to install the switch.
    • By Robynne Catheron
      Just wanted to say hi. I'm very thankful for this forum, because I recently purchased a 2012 Cub Cadet Volunteer.  I need to be able to maintain it myself instead of having a shop come and get it. The closest shop is about 50 miles away. I appreciate any and all help and advice! 
      I hope I don't wear out my welcome here.