Quantcast

rperryman

Mule dies when it heats up

Bought a 2004 Kawasaki 3000 mule at auction. Little cold natured when first started. Will not idle until warmed up a little. Runs good for about 15 minutes until it reaches operational temperature. Then it dies. Will not start or fire at all until it has cooled down for 20-30 minutes. Then we do it all over again. Acts like an automatic shut off to the engine due to overheating. Took off the water pump - it works just fine. Removed the thermostat and tested in hot water - open up just fine. Replaced the idiot light sensor with an actual temperature gauge. Temp goes up to 190 degrees, thermostat opens and it stays at this temperature - until it dies. Will not start again until temp falls to around 130.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TIC
      hi. i got a 2017 warrior 700 . fuel injected, suddenly it wont idle, wont start unless i press peddle then it starts with clutch engaged, i can tell  the cicuit aint working for idle maybe fuse. ordered manual from sc autosports, taking its sweet time , dont know were anything is , is there a fuse block or something, anyone familier with the fuel injection on them things
    • By Tomoto
      Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues.
      When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here. 
      If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!

• By bjones
      2007 610 mule will foul a pug after 1 hr of run time on clock.  Plug will be black with sut.  Buddy go a 610 and it does same thing. Have had dealer adjust valves twice and still does it.  When i bought mule valves were ticking and I ran it that way for some time and took it in and dealer adjusted valves and that is when problem started.  I rechecked valves and the were tight and I adjusted to .005 and still fouls plug.  I always use no ethenal gas and have gone to a hotter plug.  I have read that this is a common problem with mule.  Any help appreciated.
    • By goldstar
      Has anyone put a different brand motor in a mule with a straight shaft,trifugal if so where did you get a tapered sleeve for the primary clutch to work or what other rough can one take to make this setup work. Will a centrifugal clutch work plus converting to chain driven?