Quantcast

rkstonerock

Header Reviews?

I just bought a 2007 1100cc Sand Viper. It has the stock cast Manifold and stock muffler.

I see that newer models came with headers.

Anyone have any experience upgrading from cast Manifold to Headers?

I care about low end torque the most....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

my experience with the trooper 1100 is that the header gave it a little more upper rpm power,but I prefer the manifold with a muffler,as it seems to help with bottom end torque and throttle response...just my 3 cents Hardy

I had heard that the stock manifold put out better low end torque...I guess the Chery motor needs the back pressure.

Had read that it's good to upgrade the pipe from the manifold to the muffler to a 2"....Wonder if that will help or hurt the low end torque. ...?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Joey Miller
      Hey I finally found a joyner I could afford lol I just bought a 2008 joyner sand viper 800cc I like it but it needs work that's not the issue me being a mechanic issue is I can't seem to find the parts I need like everything else I've worked on I'm not even sure what would work so I need advice from some one who has been there for now the things I need the most are rear shocks , I need the upper and lower ball joints or Johnny joints whatever they are called and I'm sure this had a fuel pressure regulator before now it just has some random inline pump no filter runs good for 15 mins or so then runs pretty crappy but if I let it sit a bit same thing I know it's going out but I need to know what I can do to sub for the factory pump and what psi requirement it has that's it for now any help would be appreciated
    • By rpyne
      I have been going through the troubleshooting in the manual (pages 17-38 and 17-39), but I can't find anything that looks like the picture in the manual. If I run power directly to the pump, it will start and run but otherwise won't start.
      Any help to this old nubie will be greatly appreciated. My background is electronics, not vehicles.
      --Richard
    • By TmJoyner
      New to the Joyner community.  Bought a used 2016 1100 sand viper in descent shape. Only 155 miles.   Runs great.  It just rattles quite a bit in the front when riding on rough gravel / hard-packed dirt roads outside St Johns.  Removed front wheels and seems to be coming from both upper and lower suspension arm bushings/radial bearings (see pic); both left and right.  Seems like some play inside the eyelets - as I shake the arms a bit.  I assume it's not supposed be loose in there like that and the bushing/bearings are worn.  Anyone have had this issue and how did you go about changing them?

• By Fiverr
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm wondering if anyone can help me with their experience. The last time I drove any of this stuff, it was a Honda Big Red 500 and a Honda Odessy dune buggy. I'm looking at a utv for pulling a pull-behind bushhog over about 14 acres of rolling pasture. most places are risky on a tractor, so the utv would have to do the whole thing twice annually. Tractors are made to pull implements that drag and take that abuse. While a pull-behind won't be like a plow, it will put a constant drag on the machine's frame. Would I be asking too much of a utv? And, if not, what kind of specs are we talking about? Diesel or gas? Any dealer will give me a thumbs up, but...
      Thanks,
      Fiverr
    • By WCF
      Hi Joyner Gang
      New to the Joyner group. I'm making long travel for the 1100 Sand viper. I'm trying to make something that will work as well or even better than the RZR Rino etc. At this time the front has 14" travel rear has 16" of travel. Still developing the suspension. comets are welcome. Ask questions and I will get back to the Forum 

?