Hello to all. We have decided to shut down operations here at Warriors Off Road. It is for a few reasons which I will explain. First off, my customers have been amazing and great people to deal with.
1. I have gotten zeor support from HISUN U.S.A. at all regarding parts to R&D with. Every parts I have developed was at my own expense, sometimes buy parts just to see if they will or can be modified as there are no used parts on the market to buy just to tear down.
2. I had an experience with HISUN MOTORS WEST which just sat wrong with me. I had one if there west coast reps call me and tell me that they need to be in the loop when I talk to any of my race teams, telling me they want to be the go between. The call was an attempt to oversea my race operations with no factory support for me at all.
3. The parts I had developed were taking a very long time to move off the shelf. No dealer ever contacted me about stocking any of my parts for their customers, as well as HISUN never really notified any dealers of my company to help support the industry. I put out thousands of dollars of my own to get the price down to a market competitive place, only to have a ton of inventory sitting on my shelves waiting to be sold. It would take me two years at this rate to move my inventory and recoup my cost alone.
4. I was only getting about 1 to 2 customers a week, so the volume was not enough to sustain a full time operation.
5. Getting parts from HISUN was interesting to say the least. The parts I would order would more than often be incorrect and it would take a lot of time and energy to find the correct parts. The parts listing often has incorrect parts listed, or no listing at all. It would take weeks to return and get my refund for my parts as well. Parts would change without any notice to dealers, as I am one. I would never be notified of a parts change, and at times I knew more about the parts than the tech support at HISUN.
6. As an example, to get the performance clutches, I would spend $8500 to get them customer made. I have only sold 1 to date. I had spent $2850 doing custom rear sprockets, and then most of the race teams wanted them for free. I spent over $3250 to get custom tie rod kits made, only to sell just 4 of the kits. The only product that I developed that sustained me was the lift kits. I would maybe sell 3 a month.
7. HISUN has no real interest in the aftermarket business, they don't understand the concept of race on Sunday, and sell on Monday. They are strictly a retail operation, with little belief that the aftermarket industry can do anything for sales. They believe in the model to building a product, selling that product and moving on to the next product. HISUN North America is controlled by HISUN China, and China does not support the aftermarket industry for HISUN. They don't believe in sponsoring race teams, and what budget they do have, is the smallest I have ever heard of. They want to open as many dealers as possible, with little support after they open. They are aware of problems that even I have passed down to the tech department, with little to no interest to fix. When there is a parts change, they have no idea what model year it happened or to what VIN numbers are affected. I have called and asked and been told they do not keep that information.
8. Parts pricing is still out of control. They OEM parts are sometimes almost half the cost of the entire unit, (speaking for the 250 models here) Some of the smallest parts cost over $100, when it should be around $15 retail. Some parts are not even available such as the frame. When you bend or brake the frame, you are out of luck. You cannot buy a new one as it has the VIN on it, and they wont sell you one. So for all those racers out there who roll or crash it and bend the unit. (which is easy due to the thin wall tube) you are stuck with cutting and welding in new sections yourself, or buying a brand new unit.
9. the parts that have been changed, were to detune the unit, thus the 2015 models were much faster. but HISUN will not support the 2015 model year with replacement parts such as transmission parts. You will be left with having to buy and install the newer transmission units, and loose almost 15 to 20 mph as a result. I have many customers not happy as a result of this, buying a product because it performs one way, only to be told, sorry, we have to change it and there is nothing you can do about it. You will be stuck with a unit that has been altered from the one you bought.
No business can sustain such drain without a better return. With no support coming from HISUN for R&D or things of that nature an aftermarket business cannot sustain fluid capital to continue operations. Most of the aftermarket manufactures have a relationship with their OEM's that help them succeed. HISUN has no plans to follow in the path of the other manufactures. The bottom line is that HISUN is only worried about sales numbers, they really have no interest with anything other issues. The sales reps are under constant pressure to open new dealers, leaving little time and energy to support what dealers they already have. I have spent over $30K investing my own capital into this only to have slow moving sales, no factory support and being told I have to call them before I sell any racer a part first.
I hope you all the best in your search for parts.
I will list the places where you can now get some of the products I have developed:
rear sprockets in almost any size: Sprocket Specialist 800-782-8200 and ask for Lance
front tie rod kits for the Strike 250: American STar Racing 435-562-4386
Air filters, are almost the same as the Yamaha 660 Rhino, they will fit. you can source them on the internet
For anyone wanting OEM parts, you can get a great price at Motorcycle Doctor. Ask for John or Craig. 573-346-6867
Thank you for all of your time and support. you can always email me here for questions about your Strike or Sector 250
Good morning all,
My name is Bryant and I'm the co-manager of an off road race series here in Texas that provides off road desert and endurance short course style racing for two classes of UTVs.
We offer a stock and a Pro UTV class to allow an opportunity for most every UTV owner to try their hand at desert style racing.
Our courses range from 10 to 100 miles long and races cover multiple laps.
We look forward to having some of you come race with us!
Here is a link to our website where rules can be found along with upcoming events.:
Our goal is to get people out of the stands and onto the course by providing frequent and affordable racing options.
Come on out and #makesomedust!
Similar Tagged Content