Quantcast

Cub Cadet Diesel UTV key on no lights and wont start

New here!

I have a 2003 Cub Cadet Volunteer Diesel ran everyday 1 day fine nothing the next. anyone had this problem? when I turn on the key not even the lights will come on. I took the switch apart it seems fine put it back in. checked the 2 blowout fuses are also fine (even tried new ones), switched the 3 relays around they seem fine to hate to have to take it in an get wallet raped someone must have had this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated!

well Im old I drive slow so I have a CC plus I get about 50 miles to a gallon since its Diesel lol.. but anyway battery is fine even hooked my Dully Diesel to it with duel batts still nothing prob a switch Thanks for the link no help mine won't even turn over relay or switch is prob bad just thought Id ask and see if someone had the same problem before I break out the tools   

Shouldn't be anything to do with the solenoid.  Solenoid would affect the starter but should not have anything to do with the lights not working. But you bring up a good point about being in neutral. Where are the safety switches located? Clutch, brake, shifter? Make sure those are making up.

@Vaughn switch has nothing but haven't checked switch wiring to see if there is power to it yet @TexasT key is dead no power when switch is in on position (no head lights or yellow diesel start light) I'm thinking this is my first starting point everything is in neutral @Travis I replaced the battery a few months ago with on that was way bigger than the original shortly after I added a winch with snow plow, winch works fine .. there is 2 main fuses both are fine there is 3 relays I have swapped them around and still nothing *** my first step or problem is why there is nothing at the switch all fuses are good there's a main fuse its fine I even replaced it thinking it may be broke an I couldn't see it but still nothing its a 2003 never had any problems till now I think I read where the switch should have a hot wire going to it always even with key off ..  I should say again I took starter switch apart it looked fine also .. I'll pop switch out today and check that first to see if it has power to it then I'll update again

this is the wiring for the switch because of the colors I have NOOO idea which could be the constant hot to the switch this I believe is my starting point the wiring harness is so dam tight it has very little if any play for me check where they go unless I start tearing the front radiator and other stuff off

Cub Cadet Switch wiring.jpg

Is this your switch?                 www.amazon.com/IGNITION-STARTER-725-1741-925-1741-92506119B/dp/B073HKHKD1/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1501528537&sr=1-1&keywords=Cub+Cadet+925-1741+SWITCH-IGNITION

www.partstree.com/parts/cub-cadet/parts/925-1741/

@Vaughn Yes... I just checked fuse box I should have done this first just didn't think .. no power to main fuse in the fuse box .. this could be it .. but not sure which wire is from batt to fuse .. both wires are red bottom fuse wire has a black stripe top is all red know which one is coming from batt? this has to be it (fingers crossed maybe toes too lol)

Yes it does but I don't think its the switch.. I unbolted fuse box got all the tape off the wires took out main fuse bottom 25A an ran a jumper from batt to it I can get lights to come on when I turn the key to on .. I took out the top 20A that's called the regulator fuse not sure what that means when I turn key I can get the oil light to come on but no lights .. when I jump batt to either when turning the key on the glow plug light does not come on which it does when the key is turned on even if the motor is hot an just cut off .. deff lost now lol

Cub Fuse Box.jpg

Cub Fuse diagram.jpg

should add before this happened even with park brake pulled or in gear 1 or both everything would work except starter, oil light, glow plug light, head lights but not starter until in neutral .. now when key is on nothing, no starter, glow plug light, oil light or head lights no power to fuse box .. kind of strange but there has to be a secret hidden something I'm just not seeing here  

No. Of Positions 4
No. Of Terminals 7
Manufactured by Delta Systems Inc.
The letters on the back of an ignition switch stand for the following:
M = Magneto
S = Starter Solenoid
L = Lights
A = Accessory
B = Battery
G = Ground
I = Ignition
R = Regulator/Rectifier
The designated terminal connects in some manner to that component. For example, the B terminal connects in some manner to the positive battery cable.

• Like 1

25A fuse I was jumping to red not the red/black stripe I tried both red sent power to switch .. I'm not able to get to switch or the wires with 2 hands or even 1 hand just fingers without spending a lot of time tearing stuff apart just to get to the wires including the radiator and all that go's with it 

• Like 1