Quantcast

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• Travis' Mule 550

Before Crank un-installedPiston INSTALLED after honing.Crank installed after honing.   Last pic is honed. Kind of blurry, took it with one hand. It looks better in person. It may not be professional quality but im 99.99999999999999999% sure it will work. Did better than I thought i would.   So now, only ONE more obstacle. the crankshaft axial play adjustment BUT I need someones opinion ( i took the piston back out afterwards) not sure if you can see it, but in the picture with cylinder honed, it's almost right where the  glare from the light is, and on top of the cylinder directly across from the spot, it looks like the hone didn't get ruffed up.  any ideas? out of round cylinder, cylinder wore and needs bored??  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 46 replies
    • Can you get a good used side by side for $4,500

My family moved from Illinois to Leadville Colorado about 3 months ago.  Leadville has a lot of trails to ride and some fun off road stuff  that i would love to start getting into with my boys. I currently have a 04 HD FXD Superglide that i might sell or trade for a UTV. My question is are there any UTV that are good solid used side by side that i could find for about $4500 or $5000? If not I will keep saving for something. If so what brand and year should i be looking for? Thank you for your help!!   Thank you Chris

By Biggz, in UTV General Discussion

• 7 replies
    • A Stubborn Mule: Mule 2500, electrical and other questions

HI! Thanks for the forum. I am currently installing a turn signal and horn kit on a Mule 2500 that was gifted to the local ranch owner. His health is not so great, and other than a car, he has no other way to get into town. The driveway is a mile long...  Attached are some photos. The prior owner disconnected the parking brake light grounding/indicator cable. I fixed it and reconnected it (shown in photo). Following the wiring harness, there is a 6-pin block (see second photo) up front, nothing plugged into it. I have what I think, is a fairly accurate wiring diagram. Problems: I cannot find the VIN anywhere on the vehicle. I have no paperwork on it and neither does the owner. We know who owned it previously but he doesn't have paperwork on it either. I have looked NUMEROUS places, and googled it. I do not know the year. There does not seem to be any indicator light for the parking brake. I think the light was physically removed from the dash (see third photo). What parts are missing? What are they named/part numbers if you have them? What I have done so far: Fixed the parking brake switch Fixed the brake lights, the wiring in the back was pulled out, cut, a mess. (fixed) Added a third center high brake light, tying it to the wiring harness. Positioned just below the air intake. (added) Added bright red LED strip lights, at the inner side of the rear downtubes, to be used later for the turn signal indicators. Ready to order a $15 steering column strap-on switch for hazards and turn signals. Image descriptions: Parking brake switch (fixed) What are these? They were bundled up underneath the dash with a ziptie. The beige block has the red wire return from the parking brake. Wiring diagram. These seem close to the existing vehicle. Dash photo. So you can see what is missing and let me know.

By John Mason, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 13 replies
    • Second Battery

I am installing a second battery in my 07 Prowler. How do I wire it up so the stereo doesn't drain the main battery, but the second battery can still charge

By Blaze379, in Arctic Cat UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies
    • Pug battery post melted

I noticed the battery post was melted when the pug wouldn't start... With the pug off, just placing the cable back onto the battery creates tremendous Heat with in 5 seconds or so... I had just taken off all the connections and clean them with a wire brush just a few months back...Including battery cables and wires for the starter solenoid.  Could this only be a short or bad connection or is there something else?..could the cells of the battery be doing this or maybe the rectifier/regulator? The rectifier from visual inspection doesn't seem to be melted or discolored!

By Doc Holland, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies