Quantcast

Lights for 2510 Mule

nybuckboy

On 9/1/2017 at 8:15 PM, nybuckboy said:

Anyone know how I can upgrade the lights on my 99 2510 Mule ?

If you're thinking of adding more power to the existing headlights, you're likely out of luck, without extensive modification. But I'm no expert.

I'd recommend a light bar. They've got some really nice aftermarket stuff out there. They come in all sizes and shapes. Installation is usually plug n play.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At 120w of power consumption, it'd have to be used only while the engine is running. Just for comparison, my mule 3010 has 50w stock lights, and they don't perform well either. That thing would pull the battery down in just a couple minutes, possibly leaving you stranded. I'd suggest splitting up the task, if you want heavy duty lighting. So you've got to figure out exactly what you want to accomplish. Are you just lighting the trail in front? To the side also? To the rear? Are you lighting the cargo area also? A work area light? 

You'll need a heavy duty rocker switch panel, and several smaller lights, or bars. I'd run em through an additional fuse box. I'd also suggest upgrading the alternator, if it has one. And maybe adding a back up battery.

This way you can turn on only what's needed. The  job would be cleaner from a maintenance/trouble shooting aspect. And the effect would have a much better cool factor, IMHO. 

Upgrades like this can be expensive. The easy solution is to just get a couple of forward firing led lights. Our Toyota forklifts at work, have what you need. Check out the newer models of these locally, or on the web. They aren't powerful enough to replace the stock lights, but to supplement the total.

I can also tell you that the color of light is important, to actually recognize what you're seeing. Led lighting CAN do it. But the technology has barely made it to the flashlight market. Extremely white light gives a washed out appearance to stuff. You want a more yellow light. It's a huge difference, but you have to see it firsthand to appreciate it.

47 minutes ago, kenfain said:

Not to mention the skeeters

Oh yeah!! Lately the county has been flying the C130 Spraying. So in 60 years I'll have some form of cancer or disease that i can make money off of by suing them! Lol :) 

Last winter, we bought a little 5x5 greenhouse to keep our plants in, in the day time, it would get in the upper 90's in the green house, but the humidity was soo thick, U cant breath!

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.