What weight of oil and brand Joyner 1100

silverbullet.

10w40. but i would use 10x30.

Thanks Rich

If you need parts check us out .

silverbulletmotorsports.net

16 year selling Joyner parts.

if you have any problem let me know,I can help 

I live in the desert southwest where temperatures go above 115 a few days a year.  On my next oil change, I'm going to try 10w or 20w-50.  My Renegade oil pressure at idle is barely 10psi (new sending unit).  I prefer 20psi at idle.   I'm hoping that will improve my oil pressure at idle.  Edited:  The 2016 owner's manual for the Renegade (it has the same 1100cc engine as the Trooper) say to use 10W30-50 oil.

@Monty Herbold I added to your topic title and it now reads: What weight of oil and brand Joyner 1100

This will help others and identify your topic on searches. 😁

Monty Herbold...Run  Royal Purple 20W-50!!

And Dan B ......I ride out in Johnson valley Ca, .... I've always ran Royal Purple 20w-50.  First time out on start up had 30-40psi at idle and had 70+psi if I was on it...... But dropped to 10-15psi when just of the trail (Hot) and at idle..(still 70psi if on it)... Needed better cooling!   What you need is a Oil cooler kit + Royal Purple 20w-50!! That's what fixed it for me!!

Okay!  Thanks for the info.  I'll look at getting an oil cooler.  There was one time I noticed that my idle pressure was about 10 psi.  Then later during the same ride it was near 20 psi.  I'm wondering if a problem is developing in the oil pressure relief (bypass valve) adjustment; maybe sticking slightly open at times.  I'm not familiar enough with the Chery engines but I do know that regular cars have that adjustment in the oil pump.  Older cars had that adjustment in the engine block near the oil filter.

Mine was similar but, I could attribute the low pressure to oil temperature from the riding I had just been doing (lots of throttle and heavy loads).. I don't have an oil temp gauge but, I just know that the oil was hot LoL!! I'd go with  the cooler and if you got problems still.. I'd say it might be in the oil bypass for you.. If so, it's in the oil pump assembly on a chery engine! But, lets hope not!! LMAO

Capture+_2018-09-15-16-59-32.png

Capture+_2018-09-15-17-01-01.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Wanted: Trooper Axle Parts

I am interested in any old trooper axle parts you may have lying around. Please let me know if your want to sell them.  Backstory: Hey everyone. Last trip out to moab I climbed a wall on poison spyder Mesa while 2 rzr xp1000's and three can am x3 xrc's watched me and didn't dare try. After doing it once I pulled around to show them it wasn't a fluke. One on the can am x3 xrc drivers just looked at me and said "that's steep". On the second try I spread the bell on the left rear axle. I made the climb but now the inner cage slips inside making a loud popping noise as twisting the boot. I mainly just need the inner bell but I am interested in anything you have. 

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Can anyone tell me WHAT I bought??

I’ve searched all over and haven’t been able figure out the maker and model of my buggy. It appears to be some kind of Joyner maybe an older model?  Anyone know what this is?  it appears to be 1000cc and it’s a 4  cylinder thx 

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 7 replies
    • UTV back end weight

Hey guys, new here and had a question about back end weight on a Polaris RANGER 500 or 1000.  I tried calling the dealers and manufacture but all I could get was dry weight. does anyone know the back end weight of one of these?  I’m putting an implement on the receiver and need to know what lb spring to use. If I had one I could back it up on my warehouse scale but am out of luck. Erik

By Emetzger, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Brand new trooper Intermittent starting issue

I've had a 2016 trooper for a few months, it's never worked properly.  I'm about ready to take it to a dealer for warranty work but it's a little far so I'm trying to avoid it.  It on occasion will not start. It took a while to figure out that if I open the throttle just a little bit it will fire, I then have to hold it open for anywhere from five to thirty seconds for it to idle on it's own.  Other times it fires right off no problem.           It's turbocharged, and has two pumps.  I've verified that the fuel pressure is correct.  Joyner has had me swap a bunch of parts to eliminate them.  I suggested it seems that possibly the IAC is malfunctioning or that it's getting incorrect inputs from the tps but they disagreed.  I've read that people have had similar issues stemming from the IAC but until I get a replacement from them I can't verify.  I tried setting base idle a little higher with the set screw but the idle just gets erratic and won't idle down once I've given it some throttle.          I'm going to call them again tomorrow and have them send a new throttle body to try, and I also have a scanner for European cars coming that is supposed to read chery automotive ecu's; after that it may be time to haul it in.  Anyone else had a similar issue?

By Darryl223, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 14 replies