Quantcast

Davo

Glowing exhaust 2012 Hisun 400cc

After operating,  the first several inches of the exhaust pipe where it leaves the engine on my Hisun 400cc glows bright red. Is this normal? There are various heat shields and other insulating material along the pipe’s pathway, so I’m guessing it is. Also, there are no other signs that the engine is running hot.

Glowing exhaust is usually a sign the engine is running rich. Check your air filter first. How does it run? What year is it?

Topic moved to Hisun forum and added UTV info into topic title.

It’s a 2012 model. It doesn’t smell like it’s running rich, plus I just fitting a new carbi so I think mixture is about right.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2009 Hisun Supermach 500, Stalling at idle and hesitating under acceleration

Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues. When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here.  If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 

By Tomoto, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies
    • Hisun 250 - Brake Locked up

Anyone know what is needed to get the piston back in.? Using a C Clamp is not working. Brake locked up and likely smoked my belt too..  Anyone ever changed the pads before?  

By CStrike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies
    • Hisun Sector/Vector 250 Service Manual?

I haven't been able to locate a Service Manual (aka Shop Manual) for the Hisun Sector 250.  Does anyone have one they can share with me?
      I have the service manual for the Strike 250 (thanks Strike250), but I'd like to have the one specific for the Sector/Vector.  Thanks!

By DigitalDan, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies
    • Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt

Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-800-11-16-4x4-6x6-Crew-Engine-Motor-Rebuilt/361534749653?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Slow 2017 HiSun Strike 250

Guys, I need some expert help..  I just bought a 2017 HiSUN Strike 250 and was real disappointed to find out that there is an electronic spark cut out at 30 mph.  Every article that I read prior to purchase said that the unit could hit 45-50 mph with the pedal stop screw removed.  Not the case with my machine.  Never bothered to ask the dealer before purchase, so it is my fault...  My guess is that HiSun got some flack about thier "kids" machine doing 50 mph and were forced to add the electronic limiter..  Can anyone verify that previous to the 2017 model that the machine can actually could do 45-50mph with the just pedal screw removed?  If so, what RPM is it at when doing 45-50 mph.  Maybe I can get an older version of the Delphi ECU, assuming that is where the spark cut out is located...? The machine is definitly full featured, but as you all mention, needs to be gone over after purchase.  A-men to stipped screws, and if you suffer from a crazy squeak sound that sounds like chains dragging, check the torque on the suspension a-arms and shocks.  Ours were so tight, we could barley get them loose and the suspension would not move, essentially zero travel.  Once we lightened up the torque, greased the plastic bushings, and added blue threadlocker, the suspension actually worked and all the squeaks went away.  Also have same problem with the shift linkage rubbing on pipe and also pipe rubbing on chassis.. This weeks project! Any help on the speed would be awesome!

By Fun Dad, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 42 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By strike250
      Here is our test mule, with our 2" lift kit, our exhaust system, and some lighting. We have also taken this down to the frame and removed every single nut and bolt. We have done a lot of R&D on this UTV. Please feel free to ask us any question regarding it. Thank you. Matt