Quantcast

I was reading a VS. article on ATV.COM, and they were doing a head to head  with the Pro FX EPS, and the Textron Prowler. And they said Kawasaki is using a  812 CC Chery motor for the Mule!

Kind of surprised me, i thought Kawasaki used their own engines for the mules.

ūü§Ē

Besides Kawasaki and John Deere, there are several other UTV makers (mostly Chinese) using the Chery line of engines.  But Kawasaki, being an Japanese brand, using the Chery engine is a surprise.

• Thanks 1

Certainly.  I should have included that.  Mine does.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Travis' Mule 550

Before Crank un-installedPiston INSTALLED after honing.Crank installed after honing.   Last pic is honed. Kind of blurry, took it with one hand. It looks better in person. It may not be professional quality but im 99.99999999999999999% sure it will work. Did better than I thought i would.   So now, only ONE more obstacle. the crankshaft axial play adjustment BUT I need someones opinion ( i took the piston back out afterwards) not sure if you can see it, but in the picture with cylinder honed, it's almost right where the  glare from the light is, and on top of the cylinder directly across from the spot, it looks like the hone didn't get ruffed up.  any ideas? out of round cylinder, cylinder wore and needs bored??  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 14 replies
    • Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt

Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-800-11-16-4x4-6x6-Crew-Engine-Motor-Rebuilt/361534749653?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Kawasaki mule submerged in water !!help.

Any 1 with some good advice ,my Kawasaki 2017 mule side by side was submerged in water and now dead. What can i do ?  

By Harry Thomas, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • Kawasaki 4010 (Gas) Revs/Puleses at top speed.

Not sure I'm explaining that right. but,.. I'll start with some history.  I bought the 4x4 4010 mule with a bad motor.  I built the engine.  Bottom end up.  Fresh bearings, Pistons, etc.  Cranks up and runs with no issues.  However,.. doesn't seem to run faster than 20 mph and pulses at top speed like something is up with the governor.  It feels like its cutting back.  Climbing and pulling it seems to be fine,. It pulls hard and doesn't cut up.  But on the road flat out  Cuts back/Chugs/pulses/Revs.  Not sure where to start. Kinda tired of thinking about it. Any Ideas? Just a mention, I'm not trying to make it faster, just fixed.  25mph it good by me.  Hell,... for my purposes I'm fine with 20 mph as long as its' running properly.

By brothaman, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • kaf620-e3 kawasaki mule side by side

Hey all my mule runs great until it gets hot then  just quits. won't start back have to plug battery in to charge it up seems like the  battery doesn't recharge when it is running.

By marypippin14, in UTV General Discussion

• 5 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Travis
      Just bought a  UTV cloth/tarp cover for the Mule. 39.99 at Cabela's. Real thick with covered vent holes to keep it form being a furnace on the inside.
       Got here in about 4 days.  The camo cover is $70, or you can get the olive drab for $40. Really happy with my purchase
      https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-UTV-Cover/1229734.uts

BUT ,DO NOT! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY TO UN FOLD, AND PUT THE COVER ON WHILE IT'S WINDY! UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO PARAGLIDING.
    • By Gerald Clarendon Sr
      I have a 2012 Kawasaki 4000 Mule and the hood release cable is frozen and will not move. I want to replace the cable and have removed the fenders, hood, cargo box to access the cable. I finally had to remove the plastic dash far enough away so I could get a wrench on the nut holding the cable release knob in place. That's a lot of fun. I cannot remove the pin holding the cable to the release bar mechanism. Is that a force fit pin or what. There are no keepers holding it in place. Any suggestions on how to get the cable out? I can see why the previous owner never fixed it as you have to remove the whole front to get to the cable. I've tried penetrating fluids to make the cable work with no success. Your help is appreciated. Gerry C.
    • By Travis
      2019 ÔĽŅKAWASAKI MULE PRO-MX
      MIDSIZE MULE‚ĄĘ¬†MODEL¬†JOINS KAWASAKI MULE‚ĄĘPRO¬†SIDE X SIDE¬†LINE UP
      Following multiple accolades for its MULE‚ĄĘ¬†PRO series, Kawasaki¬†continues to grow the MULE PRO¬†family¬†with the addition of the all-new MULE PRO-MX‚ĄĘ side x side to the 2019 lineup. The MULE PRO-MX features increased recreational abilities and rugged,no-nonsense¬†styling that further establishes the mid-size, compact side x side as the customer‚Äôs dependable choice for work or play.
      http://www.utvguide.net/2019-kawasaki-mule-pro-mx/
√ó