Quantcast

Mustang

Just started looking at Cub Cadet

Hi, I am trying to decide on a UTV for use at my vacation cabin. It's located on a small island (Gedney, or more commonly, Hat Island) in Puget Sound. Access is only by boat. There is a barge (landing craft) that operates sporadically (about . It costs about $300 each way so, obviously, reliability and dependability is my biggest concern.

We have been looking at a Cub Cadet Challenger 550 or 750. We like the features that come with it. In reviews that I have been able to find, there have been some problems with them ranging from leaks to electrical to engine failures. I know that most of the reviews are probably written to bitch about the problem/dealer so I place them in perspective.

Does anyone have experience with them and would you recommend them (or others instead)?

Thanks, I look forward to your opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi there, Welcome to UTV Board!

I'm not sure what to say about  Cub cadet UTV's , you might want to look at the Kawasaki mule 610, it cost about a thousand less than a new Cub, if you're looking for reliability and ease of getting parts.

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2019-MULE-SX-4x4

I would also check out  http://www.atv.com/

They have a lot of UTV brands that they have reviewed.

Hi Mustang:

I've been an Cub Cadet owner for 10 years,  this brand and kubada are kinda the same,   it costs more to service them at the dealer but any mechanic can do that for you once or twice a year depending on how much you use

it.  It's made by Kolhor (german).  with the farm/orchard in mind.  I paid $15k for mine in 2008.    they don't go much over 40 km / hour but it you want reliability/dependability this is your unit.    mine has a caterpillar 20 hp diesel engine

but they offer it in a yamar diesel or gas model.  you'll be happy you bought one,  other models I'ld recommend Yamaha Rhino.

IMG_3174.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• MSU500 popping/snapping sound

Hi everyone, Been driving my Massimo since January. Really pretty satisfied with it. I have done 1 oil change on it and have now over 1700 miles on it. I have one leaking seal on the axle at the diff, but that is pretty much it. I do have a curious thing that happens occasionally. When turning or coming in or off a trail at a pretty severe side angle, I get an occasional snapping sound. This sound is pretty loud  and can be felt in the footwell area. It doesn't seem to really affect anthing and there is no obvious or easily seen area where some kind of movement is happening. I'm wondering if the leaking diff seal is related to this popping sound. Could the axle be pulling out of the diff? Thanks for any help Mark

By Markus_K, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Stealth 10 or SV Works 4 sound bar?

I am back and forth between the Wet Sounds Stealth 10 HD and the SV Works 4 speaker sound bar. I need some feedback! Thanks!

By DCH2, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Celebrates 10 Years

For a Decade, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative Has Led the Motorized Recreation Industry in Creating and Defending Access to Land for Outdoor Recreation Yamaha accepts applications from nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations including OHV riding clubs and associations, national, state and local public land use agencies, outdoor enthusiast associations and land conservation groups with an interest in protecting, improving, expanding and/or maintaining access for safe, responsible and sustainable public use. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative is the industry leader in guaranteeing responsible access to our nation’s land for outdoor enthusiasts. Through this program, Yamaha has directly and indirectly supported thousands of miles of motorized recreation trails, maintained and rehabilitated riding and hunting areas, improved staging areas, supplied agricultural organizations with essential OHV safety education, built bridges over fish-bearing streams and partnered with local outdoor enthusiast communities across the country to improve access to public lands. The Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has contributed more than $3.5 million in funding and equipment across more than 300 projects over the past 10 years to assist outdoor recreationists working to protect and improve access to public land and educate the public on its safe, sustainable recreational use. For those who rely on access to public land for work and play, the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative has proven to be the industry’s most reliable partner and a significant resource. http://www.yamahaoai.com/  

By Alex, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies
    • Finishing the Small Items/Problems on Project Jeep

One of the problems that kept us from taking the Jeep with us was my Jeep was leaning on the left side (lower on the driver's side) after everything was mounted; New tires, new wheels, new leaf springs, new shakles & new diffs. It also caused the Jeep to dive on the driver's side when you turned quickly towards the right. I couldn't find the cause and I was under a timeline, time was running out. I was too reactionary! While traveling and upon the return home, I told myself to slow down, think and measure. I have fixed stuff like this before. So today I took the time to measure and just lay under the Jeep looking at the frame. Inch by inch comparing left side to right side. THEN, I SAW IT! The frame supporting the front spring hanger on the rear diff on the driver's side was bent. I took a floor jack and lifted the frame at the location aprox the amount of the bend and sure enough the Jeep was nearly level. In one of my shops when I poured the floor I installed tie-downs in case I ever had a problem like this. I will tie her down, jack her up until the bend is gone. I will then box both sides so this can't happen in the future. Must have happened when the right rear axle came out on the previous owner. I never saw it as the axle was hanging out when I bought her. At any rate it is a good day when you solve a problem! rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

By rocmoc, in All Other Off-Road Toys

• 8 replies
    • Best sound system

Does any one have any opinions on  the best soound system/bar for $800 or cheaper?.. ive reaserched MTX,SSV, Froghead, ect... and Ive found a lot info on most of them... just looking to hear some opinions from people that have purchased anything they have loved

By Hampe367, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies