Quantcast

Dan Hanson

Cub Cadet vs CF Moto

Looking for advice on a Cub Cadet Commander versus a CF moto U Fource. The side by side will be used for hunting, fishing, plowing snow & occasional trail riding. Any advice & opinions are appreciated. Thank you. 

Hi there and welcome.

first off, i just looked on the Cub cadet website, and they have no UTV by the name of  Commander. Do you perhaps mean Can Am commander?

I'm also seriuosly considering the Challenger because of the features that are standard equipment and the price. The only accessories that I would be adding would be the rear window, hard upper doors, and perhaps the power steering. I would be looking at around 11,500 for it. I would have a hard time justifying spending 16K+ for a more mainstream machine. I would be barging it over to an island in Puget Sound for general transportation use around the island on dirt roads. Speed limit is 15mph on the island so top end isn't an issue. Occasional beach use. Nothing very strenuous, except for a long fairly steep hill coming up from the marina. The salt air and rain/humidity is hard on everything there (thus the hard cab requirement).
Obviously, reliability is a major concern. The biggest majority of reviews I have seen have been very negative. Is there anyone that has positive feedback?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ruled out Cub Cadet. Not a good endorsement by the local dealer. He told me that he couldn't recommend the Challenger for use in the island environment. He said he had seen a lot of issues with the electrical system due to salt air corrosion. I told him I would be willing to fill all the connectors with dialectric grease to prevent this. He said he would rather lose the sale than sell it to me. This is astounding to me because there are many other much more electrical intensive vehicles on the island than this. Obviously, he feels that the Cub Cadet is vastly inferior to others.
Oh well, goodbye Cub; hello, Polaris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Need advice on 4x4 Side by Sides

Looking to buy at a USED Side by Side.  Problem is I don't know that much about them but here is what I know. I'm not a speed racer, it's low and slow for me but I need to get up and down some major hills.  We have used Yamaha Rhino's (450, 660 & 700) with good success on the ranch where we are hunting.  Kia. Mules need help getting up but The Honda Pioneer also needed help going up and are scary as hell coming down and dangerous in the mud coming down.  You are dead if you blow any of the corners.  The electric wouldn't go up the easy road, so the big hills are out of the question.  The Quads all do fine going up & down but I'm 70 yrs old and tired of muscling a Quad around. I think what I need is a 4x4 with a high/low range shifter & locker (like the Yamaha Rhino has).  The Honda is so nice to drive but dangerous coming down hill with no low range, do the newer ones have it?  Trying to find info but hard to wade through it all.  So what am I looking for (besides a Rhino). Lots of brands out there that I know nothing about: reliability?  prices?  HP, gearing, after market parts available, etc?  A few I never heard of before? Thanks for any/all help/advise/thoughts/etc   GTB

By GoldToyBox, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Opinions of various UTV brands/models?

Hello everyone, I'm doing an update to a project of mine on the side-by-side/UTV market and I'm interested in your opinions. It's extremely quick and anonymous and I’d be happy to share the results with the community.  Also, as a small token of my appreciation I will be having a drawing among respondents for a $50 VISA giftcard for those interested. It's not much but the most I can offer as a one person team. Questionnaire Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MJWTDWT The research isn't for any of these companies, I am just curious to see the updated opinion of the brands and new models. Thank you very much for your help! Also, if you are interested in seeing the results from my previous reports they are at the link below. However, please read it after answering the current questions, so as not to color your responses. Thank you! Previous Reports:  https://www.scribd.com/document/388250480/ORV-Consumer-Survey-Fall-2016?secret_password=t953zxjvDKv4iDAe3qWM https://www.scribd.com/document/388250722/ORV-Consumer-Survey-Fall-2017?secret_password=GIQSzm2lckCMf09JNrNn

By orvresearcher, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Rear cv axles 650 commander

Looking for rear axles for the 650 Joyner commander, as is 90 % of the owners, I would take even broken ones and try to get enough parts to rebuild one good one.  Or if anyone knows of a crossover that works from other machines. please let me know   Thank Dan

By Danny Williams, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • Question about Massimo, Cub Cadet and Benneche

I've noticed the  Massimo MSU-500, The Cub Cadet Challenger 500 (550?) and the Benneche Bighorn 500 all look the same?  Does one company make them and they just put their name on them?        

By Travis, in UTV General Discussion

• 6 replies
    • cub cadet 750

Anyone having any problems with the cub cadet 750. Is it a good ride

By Spanky530, in UTV General Discussion

• 6 replies