Quantcast

Swampdonkey

Massimo no start

2017 msu500 efi. Has spark and fuel. Valves are within clearances.  Leave key on I get a 118 code. Ect sensor? Could this keep it from starting

Old plug was black

Looks like blown head gasket.  Temp light came on and started shooting water out exhaust . Should be under warranty  only 25 hrs on it

• Like 1

Just heard back from dealer, says Massimo won't cover warranty due to mud or water in side. Where should I look to buy parts

Ordered from motorcycle doctor. Put new gaskets in everything back together and fired right up. But saw bubbles between head and hug. Gonna take back apart and try resurfacing

Had some gouges in head smoothed out with razor put new gasket in. Seems to be running fine. Had some white smoke out exhaust once warmed up but I believe it from old coolant left in there from original problem. 

did you check to make sure the cylinder head was not warped? if it was, then the head gasket will never seal correctly. Also keep in mind on the smoke, it will smoke for a bit if any coolant gets into the exhaust pipe, it takes a little bit to burn it out.  If you have the head off, check the surface to see if its 100% flat. any warping will cause a poor seal. Also check the cylinder to ensure its not warped as well. \

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.