Quantcast

I have a 2006 2x4 Commando 650.

This past weekend I noticed a clunking type noise coming from the rear diff when turning sharp and more so when backing up in a turn. There does seem to be some side play. It is full of fluid. What should I look for before hunting season gets me stranded.

Are you driving around with your locker on all the time? This is especially tough in your machine if it's on pavement. Does it clunk when the locker is disengaged? How many miles on you machine? Can you tell how play? 1/8 th of a turn? Some play is normal. 

• Like 1

When I was stationed in Korea, some of their taxi cabs made clunking noises during a turn.  Failing CV joints will do that.  My VW bus did the same - failing CV joint.  At least check them before tearing down the diff.

• Like 1

Sillverbullet

In the 650 commando the rear is always locked.I would drain the   differential  and and see if any big metal in the fluid.It could be  a bad C/V axle.check  the fluid  Commando in differential.

Thank Uo

928 246 6819 get back to me.

Correct, Commando always locked. I do drive on pavement some from cabin to the BLM  land but take it very easy when turning. I will drain fluid and check the Diff fluid for metal. I completely forgot about the CV jt could be the culprit and a WHOLE lot cheaper if they are available for my machine.

silverbullet

please let me know if 4x4.It looks like 2  wheel drive differential in  transmission it is 2 wheel drive.Let me know if you need help .not at night or weekends.

Thanks Rich 928 344 2117

Thanks

2x4 Commando 2006, 650cc.  with maual dump bed.

Looks like my LR CV is dry. I've pulled these CV's out of the Class 1 cars we ran so should be about the same principal with these I think. If any one has a you tube vid on pulling CV out and rebuilding that would be awesome. There still feels like a 1/2" of play maybe in the dif gears. Is that to much. Are the rear CV's available?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• coleman 500 outfitter wont turn over

i have a coleman 500 outfitter  engine will not turn over by using the ignition but will when you jump the starter silenoid  also when it is running using this the battery is not charging  i have replaced the ignition and starter sileniod still no difference  near the passenger side wheel well area there was a wire with a plug that had a plug with resistor on it and the resistor is fried i havent been able to figure out a replacement part for it  im hoping someone has some ideas on this 

By moparman48081, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Joyner commando new rear problem

I recently bought a rear for my cammando from joyner and somethings not right the cv axles fit fine but the output shaft is different any one ele run into this problem or have an idea to make it work? Im gonna email joyner today and see if they can help but i figured someone on here might know something.

By Bryan T Mumink Jr, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 16 replies
    • Massimo 500 A arm noise

Bought this UTV and the owner told me the A arms are making a noisy sound but he just took the bolt out re-greased it and tighten it down, band aid fit I think. I am wondering if grease fitting are suppose to be there. I guess I could drive to Tractor Supple and look at the new models. Thanks

By Racer310, in UTV General Discussion

• 3 replies
    • Grinding noise

Greetings, I am new to this forum, but hopeful that someone has a solution to my problem.  I have a 1998 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 gas powered.  I has approximately 800 hours on machine.  I purchased the Mule new and use it on my farm.  My problem is that when in 2 wheel drive and I either decelerate or go down an incline I get a grinding noise  in the area of the front differential.  If I shift the Mule into neutral the grinding stops.  I have drained the lube from the front differential and checked for metal fines by feel and with a magnet. None.  Put in new fluid. Checked the 2 to 4 wheel drive shift cable and it appeared to be a bit loose so I adjusted it to specs according to my shop manual. Still grinds upon deceleration.  Physically got under the Mule and moved the 2 to 4 wheel drive lever on the transmission and can hear the shift "dog" moving inside the case.  Just as a check, I secured the lever at the transmission in the 2 wheel drive position to make sure it was not trying to jump partially into 4 wheel drive. No change in noise.  Is it possible the internal shift "fork" that moves the machine from 2 to 4 wheel drive is bent?  Mule is definitely not in 4 wheel drive with lever on transmission securely tied in 2 wheel drive.  Local dealers (2) only want to throw parts at the machine hoping to find cause.  Not my idea of service. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to totally remove the drive shaft that powers the front differential and see if the problem still persists. Thanks in advance for any input.

By Lloyd Snider, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Commando anywhere i can find a rear diff and exhaust header

I just recently bought a cheap running joyner cammando and i need to find a rear differential and exhaust any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Bryan T Mumink Jr, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies