Quantcast

Recently given a 2003 Kawasaki 550 mule.

The previous owner was done with and said it would never run again.

I have rebuilt the wiring harness and solved the not running issue.

? have any of you tried adding an engine oil cooler to this machine.

There are 2 threaded plugs on the filter housing I was wondering if I can tap oil cooler into them. 

• Like 1

Hi

I have 01 550, those plugs are for  oil pressure gauges. I have not heard of anyone putting a cooler on it. Does it make any sounds like clicking when trying to start? I'm not saying that i couldn't be done though.

If you need any parts go to kawasakipartshouse.com

I have a repair manual with several trouble shooting pages, if you like i can send some screens shots of them to you.

That sounds like it might be a good idea on an air cooled engine. But I don't know if that would work. If you could fit one of those kits that relocate the oil filter. That might give better flow. I'd carefully document the engine temperature before doing anything. That way you'll know how well it works. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt

Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-800-11-16-4x4-6x6-Crew-Engine-Motor-Rebuilt/361534749653?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Kawasaki mule submerged in water !!help.

Any 1 with some good advice ,my Kawasaki 2017 mule side by side was submerged in water and now dead. What can i do ?  

By Harry Thomas, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • Kawasaki 4010 (Gas) Revs/Puleses at top speed.

Not sure I'm explaining that right. but,.. I'll start with some history.  I bought the 4x4 4010 mule with a bad motor.  I built the engine.  Bottom end up.  Fresh bearings, Pistons, etc.  Cranks up and runs with no issues.  However,.. doesn't seem to run faster than 20 mph and pulses at top speed like something is up with the governor.  It feels like its cutting back.  Climbing and pulling it seems to be fine,. It pulls hard and doesn't cut up.  But on the road flat out  Cuts back/Chugs/pulses/Revs.  Not sure where to start. Kinda tired of thinking about it. Any Ideas? Just a mention, I'm not trying to make it faster, just fixed.  25mph it good by me.  Hell,... for my purposes I'm fine with 20 mph as long as its' running properly.

By brothaman, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • Engine Swap Thread

Hey Everyone, I’ve created a few other threads and a bit disappointed at the limited responses the forums seem to get. So rather than asking about an engine swap i’d like to share some information with others here in an effort to generate some discussion! So i’ve done much research on engine swaps for my 800cc buggy, and my ideal swap would be a suzuki swift gti engine, however they seem to be rare and very expensive if you can ever locate one. The only ones i’ve seen are going for $3500+ which is completely rediculaous becuase the purpose of an engine swap should be to get an inexpensive engine that parts are available for, the suzuki swift is neither. So in my research, i’m specifically looking for a naturally aspirated lightweight aluminum engine that produces “acceptable” power. Far as I can tell such a thing rarely exists in the US, which is probably why the G13b engines are so redicualously overpriced. What I have found, and present to you is a  Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L It’s an all aluminium, lightweight 3 cylinder NA engine that’s producing 74HP and 74ft lbs torque. Not crazy power numbers I know, BUT for an NA 170lb readily available, AND cheap engine those are not bad in its stock form. Certainly those of you looking to get a little crazier than I can drop a turbo in and up those base numbers.  Far as I can tell in my research No one has done this engine swap to date, so I suppose I will have to go fist... I am not quite ready to take on a project of this magnitude but will likely make this my winter/spring project and hope to have it completed by early/late spring next year. I will of course document the install and process once it gets under way. In the meantime please feel free to use this thread to discuss other possible engine swap projects or ideas for such! I love me some buggy action and can’t wait to get this swap underway.

By KTMspeedFreak, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • kaf620-e3 kawasaki mule side by side

Hey all my mule runs great until it gets hot then  just quits. won't start back have to plug battery in to charge it up seems like the  battery doesn't recharge when it is running.

By marypippin14, in UTV General Discussion

• 5 replies