Quantcast

Heck

Speedo Calibrate

So now that I have the seat belt extension problem solved, when I'm riding the UXV, I look at the speedometer and it shows a whopping 50mph  (not kph)....Sure doesnt feel like Im going that fast so I clocked it with a GPS....

At 40mph on the speedometer, I'm reading 35mph on the GPS.   At 50mph, Im reading 38mph... This shows that not only is the speedometer reading fast, (Read also putting mileage on the machine at an accelerated rate) but the degree of error changes with the different speeds... Calculation wise it reads 26% fast at 50mph(on Speedo) and 20% fast at 40mph (on Speedo). So, the question for the group is, How does one make the Speedo more accurate on these machines..... I have read all kinds of solutions- the most hilarious one I read was to go down to a sign shop and have them make little decals to change the numbers on a manual speedo....This one of course is digital..   I'm more interested in making the odometer more accurate as since they want you to do service work of some kind every 500 miles, it makes a lot of sense to at least get 500 miles between the service points- not an inflated mileage age...

Not yet Keith.... I will discuss with them next week when the machine goes in for service. I imagine they will not have an answer directly but will have to contact Kymco USA.

So I spoke with the dealer, who contacted Kymco-USA...  I guess there was some back and forth between them, as the dealer decided to try another 700i LE that he had on the lot. Everything the same as mine, with the same speedo error results. We checked speedo speed with my GPS and also with the GPS feature on one of the mechanic's smart phone. The smart phone and my GPS matched perfectly. The speedo in the Kymco, not so much. ..... My dealer is going to investigate further with Kymco USA, as it seems that the error is almost exactly the same on all the units.  Looks like Kymco has a design problem. It will be interesting to see if they want to own it, or ignore it.....  

Patiently waiting......

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Joyner commando new rear problem

I recently bought a rear for my cammando from joyner and somethings not right the cv axles fit fine but the output shaft is different any one ele run into this problem or have an idea to make it work? Im gonna email joyner today and see if they can help but i figured someone on here might know something.

By Bryan T Mumink Jr, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 16 replies
    • Neighbors mechanical problem.

Old guy that lives down the road is having a problem with his box side by side. It'll start and run for about five to ten minutes then bogs down and dies. It will not start up till it cools down and then it will start fine and do it again. Gauge shows not overheating and the oil and antifreeze is topped off. Any suggestions on what it can be? Just trying to help him out.

By baydog2, in UTV General Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Riding in Utah

Hey guys and girls,I'm from north carolina, me and a few of my friends are thinking about coming out there this fall or next spring I would like to get someone that I can ask I asked questions and talk to them some which time of the year is it better to come out there ,we would like to come and ride for about a week we want to do mountain type riding and we want to do the dunes and desert riding and we would like to even find someone that we could pay to go riding with us to show us different trails here is my email address I hope to hear from someone and thank you guys so be safe ride safe and have fun [email protected]  

By Dale Anderson, in UTV Ride Reports - Where to Ride

• 4 replies
    • Hisun fuel tank vent problem!!!

Hello once again, this time I want to bring to your attention a problem that I found out the hard way. On one of our previous trips to Dumont Dunes, my son had the great opportunity to roll his Hisun Strike 250 at very low speeds, no damage to him or the vehicle and it landed up right as well. but one thing we noticed was that fuel had poured all over the passenger!!!. Once we got back I looked at it and found the fuel tank vent was of such poor quality that it broke at the fuel tank. Not sure if it was from the roll over or just from being made from poor quality plastic. Well, I found a great long lasting repair and wanted to share it with you all. It is something that is found is pretty much most off road race vehicles. I installed a roll over valve in place of the fuel tank vent. I am including some pics to show you. In the event we roll it over once more, the vent valve will automatically shut off the flow of fuel. It has a ball valve in it and when upside down, it blocks the flow of fuel so that it can't pour out all over the persons in the vehicle and have a potential fire! It is gravity controlled. The valves are low cost at about $15 or so. Cheap insurance when it comes to safety for sure. I cleaned out the hole where the previous fuel tank vent was. I removed the fuel tank pump/filter assembly. I then drilled out the hole just smaller than the ball check valve. I was able to reach into the fuel tank to catch any plastic that the drill might push into the tank as well. I used a fuel resistant sealant on the threads as well. I used a 1/4" NPT thread fuel tank check valve with a 5/15 hose barb. This is a much better product than the OEM product. I would recommend every one install one of these for safety if they get a chance. Or at the very least inspect your fuel tank vents. No one wants fuel leaking on them in the event of a roll over.

By strike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Yard Sport 400 problem

Hi been cruising the boards trying to figure out whats wrong. I have a yard sport 400. (Hisun) the motor runs strong and starts right up. I can go in reverse just fine ans back up. But as soon as i go in Drive and put any load on the transmission it kicks out of gear. I have taken off the linkage and checked the cvt belt it looks fine. Any possible idea why or could any of you point me in the right direction? Cheers!!

By Acopsy88, in UTV General Discussion

• 5 replies