You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Has anybody else felt this money burn with the Polaris 800S

Bought a brand new Polaris 800s in 2012 for my wife ($18500). My first service was $650 (20 hrs) my second service was $2000 and my third service was just quoted at $1100 (now has 60hrs) but my dealer said they could make it $500 and I could do the front ball joints next year. My wife with our 5 years follow me around our lake and we take it pretty easy, i could drive my wife's Audi S5 convertible just about 95% of the trails we take. My Suzuki Quad has cost me $200 in Maintenance in the last three years. Dealer tells me I have a lemon and he knows guys with 3600km and spent $200 in maintenance... Just looking at what the general consensus is out there...Maybe my dealer is a crook! But Polaris has lost my business and I buy lots of toys.

By RZR 800 money burn, in General Discussion - Anything

• 3 replies
    • Engine Swap Thread

Hey Everyone, I’ve created a few other threads and a bit disappointed at the limited responses the forums seem to get. So rather than asking about an engine swap i’d like to share some information with others here in an effort to generate some discussion! So i’ve done much research on engine swaps for my 800cc buggy, and my ideal swap would be a suzuki swift gti engine, however they seem to be rare and very expensive if you can ever locate one. The only ones i’ve seen are going for $3500+ which is completely rediculaous becuase the purpose of an engine swap should be to get an inexpensive engine that parts are available for, the suzuki swift is neither. So in my research, i’m specifically looking for a naturally aspirated lightweight aluminum engine that produces “acceptable” power. Far as I can tell such a thing rarely exists in the US, which is probably why the G13b engines are so redicualously overpriced. What I have found, and present to you is a  Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L It’s an all aluminium, lightweight 3 cylinder NA engine that’s producing 74HP and 74ft lbs torque. Not crazy power numbers I know, BUT for an NA 170lb readily available, AND cheap engine those are not bad in its stock form. Certainly those of you looking to get a little crazier than I can drop a turbo in and up those base numbers.  Far as I can tell in my research No one has done this engine swap to date, so I suppose I will have to go fist... I am not quite ready to take on a project of this magnitude but will likely make this my winter/spring project and hope to have it completed by early/late spring next year. I will of course document the install and process once it gets under way. In the meantime please feel free to use this thread to discuss other possible engine swap projects or ideas for such! I love me some buggy action and can’t wait to get this swap underway.

By KTMspeedFreak, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Engine Swap in 800 what do I need to know?

So i’ve been looking into various options with going forced induction or a new chery etc but having a carb setup it’s kinda tricky for me... Not to mention the cost of prob 2.5k minimum.  So ive been looking for car engines that would be the right cost, availability , size power etc.  I found some great cheap options from Misubishi and Chevy, the 1.2L mirage and spark engines respectively but they are both efi. Question 1 how much more difficult will it be to switch over to EFI from my carb setup?  Question 2 what are some common problem areas I may encounter? both engines should fit and i’m sure i’ll have to weld up some custom engine mounts. What about a diff and cv joints? anything else I may not be considering with a swap of this magnitude?

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • 2015 Polaris RZR

2015 Polaris RZR On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Polaris-RZR-S-900-EPS-SXS-Side-by-Side-ATV-UTV-Razor-1k-Miles-Clean-Unit/382527959951?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By toddcecil66
      Hey everyone,
      I have made some modifications since I purchased my Massimo 500 MSU/UTV earlier this year and I thought I would share with you.
      Please give me some feed-back and let me know what you think of my MODS.
      Here's the VIDEO: 

• By Travis
      RZR XP® 1000 EPS Trails and Rocks Editionhttps://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-1000-eps-trails-rocks-edition/

Only if you have an extra $22,500 laying around.....

SPECS
      KEY FEATURES
      NEW! 55% LOWER LOW GEAR
      NEW! XTREME PERFORMANCE AWD
      PREMIUM TRAIL/ROCK ACCESSORIES
      SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
      Legendary RZR XP® 1000 Features Plus NEW! 55% lower low gear, NEW! Xtreme performance True On-Demand All Wheel Drive, NEW! Low speed throttle mapping ProArmor crawler XG tires with Beadlocks, High Clearance Front & Rear Suspension, Standard 4,500 lb Polaris Winch, NEW! Gated Shifter, Strengthened Front Half Shafts, Click 6 Harnesses, 14” Ground Clearance, Front Bumper & Rock Sliders, Rear View Mirror & High Visibility Front Fender Flares and more
      Power
      Engine Type ProStar 1000 H.O. 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder Cylinders Displacement 999cc HP 110 HP Transmission / Final Drive Automatic PVT P-R/N/L/H (Gated Shifter) with Reduced L Gear Suspension
      Front Shocks 2 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Front Suspension High Clearance Lower Control Arms, Dual A-Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 16 in (40.6 cm) Travel Rear Shocks 2.5 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Rear Suspension High Clearance Radius Rods, Trailing Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 18 in (45.7 cm) Travel Agility
      Drive System Type Xtreme Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front and Rear Calipers  
    • By Khuisrzr
      I am looking for a gps system for my 2016 Polaris 1000 Turbo 4 and hoping for some help. I don't know much about gps systems so I'm at a loss on where to start.
      We ride in Michigan's upper peninsula which has endless unmarked or poorly marked trails. I would like to be able to track my ride and use it to reference the general direction to get back.
      Does anyone have any suggestions on a product that would do what I need. Phone service is very poor and I would prefer a seperate gps unit.
      I have looked into Trail Tech gps but they don't make a model for the Polaris rzr. They do have a generic one but wondering if anyone has used it. http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/voyager-moto-gps/912-705
      Thanks for your help! Krista
    • By utvrallyraid
      Check out the video from our last race, and come join us December 10th at Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad Park.
      Can't wait to see you there!

• By utvrallyraid
      Come join us for Round 6 of the UTV Rally Raid. For more information visit our website www.utvrallyraid.com or call 256-270-8022.