utvrally

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a RZR which is great, but I'm looking at the Ruesch XRL as a second machine. Apparently dealers are being set up all over the country with full parts and service support. The manufacturer is in Utah and they have done well at the UTV Rally in Moab. I've tested the XRL on a dirt track in Utah and I am impressed with the quality and with the company. www.rueschmotorcompany.com

• 5 months later...

A lot depends on the driver, I have some disabilities in my lower extremities and walk with canes and I'm 6' 4".When I finally got to sit in an RZR, which were all sold out at the time, I was unable to get my feet in with any ease. I have only very little trouble getting into my Trooper T2, I stand next the trooper and swing my leg up and in and then sit and bring my other leg in. So, for me the Trooper is best, I tried the Rhino, but don't remember my impressions of it. The Trooper is very roomy also, because of it's size, which is why some don't like it.

There's my two bit worth!

Jeff

I had a lot of problems at first with my Trooper and I still enjoy it, I blew shocks, cvs, drive lines, bad tires, broke fuel tank brackets, had a rock come through my windshield :lol: , had my air filter get dirty, Heck, had my whole rig get dirty, had my rear locker quit engaging, got rain and hail on it and me, this is just stuff you deal with, not get all bent out of shape because of. You've let your bad experience turn you into something and someone no one wants anything to do with. Forget about your joyner history and go make happy memories with your RZR and tell everyone how great you think it is. Speaking ill of an up & coming brand only reflects back on you, and badly.

Thank you jimmy for giving us some respect. i must say at the desert in gordon wells last week i put a real set of paddles on and i could go just about any where i wanted to go. I was out there all week-end with no issues, never got stuck. I was running the stock front tires, and we both know those are like draging around rocks.

Wow, After spending enough years in the desert, it is all about riding it hard, and hoping only the vechile breaks, and not the people. the idea is to ride hard, have fun. Hell I have towed, been towed, needed my toys fixed, and fixed others people's toys.

Say you piece about what you like, and enough said.

I'm happy with my Trooper.

Jimmy the only up grades I have done are move the rad, SuperTrapp and I blew a tire. I hit a rock at about 35-40 so I have 2 Bighorns on the way. I will get a new battery for the camcorder and show you how I drive it. I scare the hell out of everyone that rides with me. I have never babied anything I have ever owned. I am sorry you had a bad experience with yours but this thing has taken more abuse then I thought it would. I really wish I lived closer to you so I could show you in person it is not being babied. The last dirt bike I owned was a YZ465 I broke the frame twice from jumping. That seems to be what i like to do the most. I am not kidding when i say I hit the approaches at 40-45 and fly 20-25' with about 6-8' of air so I expect to be replacing the shocks some day. But I am not exaggerating or lying to many people are relying on the info they get from us Trooper owners. I have had more problems with my BMS 1100 Dune Buggy.

Yes we do have dunes in ND but that's not what I am jumping. I am not jumping on soft sand I am jumping approaches in the ditch and landing on the other side of the approach on hard dirt not soft sand. I may be only 1-3' above the approach but its 4-5' down to the ground where I land. And if you add the numbers to total is the amount of drop from the peak of the jump.

Yes we do have dunes in ND but that's not what I am jumping. I am not jumping on soft sand I am jumping approaches in the ditch and landing on the other side of the approach on hard dirt not soft sand. I may be only 1-3' above the approach but its 4-5' down to the ground where I land. And if you add the numbers to total is the amount of drop from the peak of the jump.

Ok bud, I'll take anything at this point but it sounds like your figures are down a bit.

Quote: I hit the approaches at 40-45 and fly 20-25' with about 6-8' of air so I expect to be replacing the shocks some day.

But any jump is hard on a buggy unless you can find the perfect jump where you don't hit at to hard of an angle.

I don't remember what my figures are from post to post so I am sorry If I miss led you the facts are still the same. I will hit the approach and clear it lets see you and your RZR do the same. Sounds like a challenge to me!

No problem, just don't break anything to try and prove a point, I would understand.

As far as jumping my RZR I hit some small jumps once in awhile but that's not what I really enjoy doing.

Besides I don't want to break it :o . I would rather be riding than fixing.

There are hundreds of RZR's jumping and everything else on YouTube so you don't need to see me do it.

green_rzr_150.gif

We should start talking about the best UTV for 2009. The Arctic Cat Prowler, Kawasaki Teryx, Polaris RZR & Ranger, Yamaha Rhino and the Joyner Trooper have all got new improvements while there are new models like the Honda Big Red and Kymco. The way I see it, even more people will make the change over from dirt bikes, quads and 4wds into UTVs. There is a good choice of UTVs to choose from and in my opinion what ever brand you buy, your going to have more fun, go more places and do it all a lot safer in a UTV.

Cheers Mike.

Sorry I did not get a chance to get out this weekend. The wind was blowing 40-45 Sat. and 56 on Sun. I hope to get out this week its not going to be so windy. I may be crazy but I am not stupid it was just not going to be safe. But I should be able to get the video this week or at least this weekend.

Sorry I did not get a chance to get out this weekend. The wind was blowing 40-45 Sat. and 56 on Sun. I hope to get out this week its not going to be so windy. I may be crazy but I am not stupid it was just not going to be safe. But I should be able to get the video this week or at least this weekend.

Looks like you have some great weather up there in the Fargo area this week.

We got out and put about 100 miles on this week enjoying the last of the fall colors.

Rode into California and found some old crystal mines, the wife went crazy there, she loves that stuff.

Not sure what the weather is in Fargo I live about 250 miles from there. We live in a small town called Garrison on the north shore of lake Sacajawea. Its a very big lake we actually have more shore line then California. I went out on Wednesday to figure out which approach was the best one and kept landing hard on the front. I'm not sure what changed I put 2 new Bighorns on the front but I don't think they are that much heavier then the stock tires. I have not made it out since trying to get the yard and house ready for winter its supposed to snow next week and it might be here till spring. Its already been a long fall but I will try again tomorrow. I just don't under stand why I am landing on the nose so hard except for the tires I have not changed anything. Those are beautiful crystals. Did you just find them at the mine you were talking about?

Not sure what the weather is in Fargo I live about 250 miles from there. We live in a small town called Garrison on the north shore of lake Sacajawea. Its a very big lake we actually have more shore line then California. I went out on Wednesday to figure out which approach was the best one and kept landing hard on the front. I'm not sure what changed I put 2 new Bighorns on the front but I don't think they are that much heavier then the stock tires. I have not made it out since trying to get the yard and house ready for winter its supposed to snow next week and it might be here till spring. Its already been a long fall but I will try again tomorrow. I just don't under stand why I am landing on the nose so hard except for the tires I have not changed anything. Those are beautiful crystals. Did you just find them at the mine you were talking about?

I'm not much on jumping so can't help much. I know the Bighorn's are heavy tires so what Flatbed says makes sense.

People have said the stock RZR does a nose dive when jumping and others have said it flies straight, maybe some technique involved there.

Sounds like a beautiful area you live in, do you have lots of riding areas?

And yes, the crystals were mostly picked up off the ground with very little digging. Crystal, Gold and Silver mines are something we have lots of in Northern Nevada and California.