Quantcast

So I just bought a 2012 Wildcat 1000.  When I bought it, it was throwing the code P0500.  I followed suit and replaced the speed trigger and speed sensor.  The speedo and odometer still didn't work.  I went ahead and cleaned all connections including to the LCD gauge.  This past weekend, we rode and at acceleration I continued getting the P0500 code along with C1312.  After riding a couple miles, the speedo starting acting crazy and then all of a sudden worked.  I found after I cut off the machine, on restart, back to the codes until I rode a couple miles.  Any help on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By wrgenoa
      I recently purchased a new 2018 Polaris General 4 1000 e/w a Polaris glass rear windshield. Added a SB Particle Separator, which eliminates ability to use the windshield.
      Cost $370, will sell for $270, plus shipping $. 

• By 12TROOPERT2
      Hi there. Has anyone run across any higher quality rear swing arm bushings for the troopers? 
    • By johnpeter
      2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 High Lifter On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Polaris-RZR-XP-1000-High-Lifter/273858362165?

• By etimc
      I suspect I have a faulty temp sensor but at the cost of the sensor plus 50 percent tariff plus the shipping cost to Costa Rica, i would like to confirm it - the Hisun 800 has 2 sensors - one in the radiator appears to be a fully open or fully closed bi-metal contact switch similar to the old household thermostats for your heating system. - My fans turn on and off automatically as they should and a jumper across the connector also triggers the fan - appears to be a simple logic circuit back to the computer that then trips a relay for the fans.  The second sensor is on the back cylinder almost hidden by the throttle body and idle control system - I have unplugged it, sprayed it with contact cleaner, checked the pins, tried to get a resistance reading across the sensor, reconnected it and still get a blinking red light on the display panel warning of high temperature - this occurs even when the buggy is still cold having just started it in the morning - I have not been able to trace out the other end of the cable on the display panel since it appears i will have to remove the entire front plastic to get to it - hoping i could confirm the resistance before i go to that step (this is the same buggy originally posted by Jim Magnuson last September when the spark arrestor overheated and burned the plastic pickup bed - I fixed that by removing and cleaning the spark arrestor and it has never glowed red again.  I would really like to put a guage in place of the digital idiot light since (from experience in automobiles) by the time the idiot light goes on you have already damaged the engine - Which brings the second question - would it be advisable to swap the front radiator sensor for a real sensor and then jumper the fans to always on condition at the connector so the computer contentedly thinks everything is working and it is doing its job ?

• By johnpeter
      2017 Polaris Rzr 1000 xp On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Polaris-Rzr-1000-xp/254231413584?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      2017 WILDCAT-SPORT SIDE-BY-SIDES9

• By Deland_Motorsports
      We just recieved a large shipment of Wildcat inventory. No deposit required, Both colors available. Please call us 386-740-2453 or toll-free at 866-374-0612 for details.
      We are a new dealer and are aggressively seeking qualified buyers to Kick-start our UTV business in Florida!
      No wait time, take delivery NOW!!!
      ~Deland Motorsport
      www.delandmotorsports.com