Quantcast

Damon Parker

Anyone have any experience with the 2018/2019 x4?

Looking at getting another sxs, I was thinking about a used 2013/2014 rzr but then starting checking out the 2018/2019 odes x4 1000 but doesn't seem to be much info on them as far as reliability or overall quality.  Any have any good/bad experience with the newer x4s? 

On 4/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, Damon Parker said:

Looking at getting another sxs, I was thinking about a used 2013/2014 rzr but then starting checking out the 2018/2019 odes x4 1000 but doesn't seem to be much info on them as far as reliability or overall quality.  Any have any good/bad experience with the newer x4s? 

What maker is the X4s never heard of it now I have a x3 maverick. Love it

On 4/29/2019 at 10:19 PM, Damon Parker said:

I bought a 2018 Odes Comrade (Rhino copy). Had multiple problems with it. The big problem was the engine kept backfiring through the intake box. Not real loud, just a pop, loud enough to hear, and feel at times. The shop mechanic could not make it stop. He changed the injector, the fuel pump, adjusted timing, adjusted the valves and several heat ranges of spark plugs. He even changed the fuel electronic computer.  It would not stop. He said that on on other UTV's. you could access the electronic computer and adjust the fueling, but on the Odes, it was preset and not adjustable. Mike Smith, the Odes owner, sent a factory mechanic. He said the man would arrive with a fully stocked truck, test equipment and parts. Some yo-yo showed up in a old car, with a back pack of tools and a cardboard box of parts. He changed everything the shop mechanic already did, plus the key switch. It ran worse than ever. Odes finally refunded my purchase price., and hauled the Comrade back to Dallas. The Odes has the best warranty on the market, plus a lot of extras, but, it doesn't matter what they have or warranty, if they cannot fix it. 

I do not recommend Odes, to anyone.  

Another thing, there is not much as far as parts and accessories available for the Odes. Just try to find a cross reference for the oil filter. HA! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.