Quantcast

blissman20

Just traded for a 2008 commando-ish 650

Hey guys, just to give you a bit of back story here first.  I used to ride big mud machines and SxS in the swamp.  Went through a divorce and lost almost everything.  What I got to keep was a snowmobile that I had for years and never rode anymore and wasn’t worth much to me so I decided to try trading it for more or less any UTV/SxS I could.  Well that landed me here, I just traded it for a 2008 Kandi KD650 which is a direct clone of the Joyner Commando 650.  The machine is in rough shape but runs and drives.  I have a few things to repair on it. (Seized choke cable, seized Ignition, and needs a voltage regulator). Going to to princess auto today to pick up a choke cable, and ignition, I have a voltage regulator from an old project that I will wire in.  

The only thing I am wondering about is the rear end.  The guy I traded it for told me only one rear tire will spin when in 2 wd.  Is that the way all of these are is do  I need to rip it apart.  Also is there any aftermarket support for rear axles or axles that will fit that can be cut down and sleeved and rewelded.  Buddy there did some rednecking with a Polaris axle but not sure how strong it is. 

DF6AF832-D3E4-44FE-9192-DC8C1464D3C4.jpeg

637C602C-4216-4993-BE23-E7FC1A926D56.jpeg

FF765C3E-CD3F-4E01-AE62-CAFB2D294842.jpeg

C631DE4E-D016-49ED-ACB4-F60A3F4E315E.jpeg

Hi There, 

This is Casey from Leaf Asia Co., Limited. 

We have arranged produciton for 20 pieces of 650 commando rear axel recently. They will be available at the end of May -2019. 

If you need, please let me know. My email address is  [email protected] 

9 hours ago, CYJSP2009 said:

Hi There, 

This is Casey from Leaf Asia Co., Limited. 

We have arranged produciton for 20 pieces of 650 commando rear axel recently. They will be available at the end of May -2019. 

If you need, please let me know. My email address is  [email protected] 

I sent you an email and look forward to your response 

Jack up the rear end, both tires off the ground.  Transmission in neutral.  Engine off.  Manually turn one of the rear wheels.  The other wheel should rotate in the opposite direction (unless the differential is locking).  If not, you probably have a broken axle or spider gear.

54 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Jack up the rear end, both tires off the ground.  Transmission in neutral.  Engine off.  Manually turn one of the rear wheels.  The other wheel should rotate in the opposite direction (unless the differential is locking).  If not, you probably have a broken axle or spider gear.

Were you watching me? I literally did that right after lunch (4 hours ago) hahaha.  Thanks for the helpful advice! I had a chance to look closer at the  axle set up and the previous owner might be onto something.  I have a few broken Polaris and Arctic’s axles from my prime Im going to play with