Quantcast

alywiski

2006 kohler powered cub cadet volunteer

I just recently picked up a 2006 volunteer.  It is making a grinding noise that seems to be coming from the clutch or around there.  Sounds like a bering going out.  Trans goes into gear good and it drives good just makes the grinding noise at higher rpms and gets loud as soon as you pull you foot of the gas.  Does anyone know what could cause this or what i need to replace? thanks 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bmoody4550
      I recently got a 2006 Joyner 650cc Commando. It was not running when i got it.
      I put a new fuel pump and alternator and is up and running.
      My problem is when I originally got it started it seemed I didn't have 1st gear.  I was able to get it moving from 2nd and was sure I got it into 3rd.
      In my process of diagnosing the first gear issue and I realize I have first gear because it is where I thought 3rd gear was. But now I don't seem to have 3rd or 4th gear.
      The shifter itself seems sloppy and needs a little rehab if that is possible. Replacement available?
      Cables are worn so I don't know if they have too much play to properly shift. Can't seem to find any cables available to replace. 
      Can someone tell me which cable should be first and second and 3rd and 4th? One is black and the other is red.
      Ultimately it may be a transmission problem internally.
      As long as I have 1st and 2nd the machine will work for me going through the woods picking up wood.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      New to this if you can't tell.
      Thanks

• By Swampdonkey
      4 bolts that hold on clutch cage on primary sheave. I lost them ans need sizes and where they go. 2 shorter than the other 2
    • By Ayrporte
      Found a hole in Front Diff case, its been there a while, gears look fine but bearings are all shot, 
      Is it more economical to just buy a complete differential or rebearing the current one
      Suggestions on where to Find one
      Thanks

• By Waco
      Does anyone know what to set spring tension to on a Cub Cadet UTV 2006?  
    • By Jeremiah Hammond
      Hey everyone, got a strike 1000 in on a trade awhile back, me being dumb I didn’t check the fluid when I got it. Turn out guy had swamped it pretty good. Front diff, rear diff, and trans were full of water/oil/sludge. I don’t have a service manual only an owners manual and it do not state the type of oil the the trans takes or where the filler cap is for it. I have everything else taken care of so far just not the trans.

Any help is appreciated.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Waco
      Does anyone know what to set spring tension to on a Cub Cadet UTV 2006?  
    • By KTMspeedFreak
      I need a long clutch cable like (7-8ft) for my 800cc buggy and cannot find one anywhere. Does anyone have thoughts on where such an item could be found? Automotive cables are too short...
    • By Viper800
      Hello.. everyone my name is dustin. I am a nubbie to forums all together. But I have a 08 800 sand viper and I need to replace my clutch and I was Hoping some of the pros on this forum could tell me if there is a automotive clutch that will fit this thing. I have heard of a geo metro clutch working. But ??? don't want to buy one if it will not work.. if not where is the best(and cheapest) place to find one for it. 
      Thank you in advance

• By strike250
      Hello there, We are doing some serious R&D on the Hisun Strike 250. We currently have a 2" lift kit available, exhaust system, clutch replacements, and advice like no other. We have taken this unit down to the frame and replaced almost every nut and bolt. So we know this UTV. Please feel free to ask any question about this and it's sister units UTV's.
      We have complete clutch OEM assemblies available for $ 199 for both items, compared to the factory of 190+156 for both items. (plus shipping)
      We have brake pads available for $19.99 front or rear per wheel.
      We have CV belts available for $99.99 (plus shipping) currently out of stock, but back soon
      We have 2" lift kits available (bolt in!) for only $79.99 ( plus shipping)
      We have exhaust systems available for $249.99 (plus shipping) currently back ordered so get in line!!!
      Advice is always free!!!!!!!
      We will have our website up and running next week.

• By jlstork99
      I've got a 2006 mule 610 4x4 that was inherited by my wife. It has 1300 hrs on it & was in pretty bad shape cosmetically. It did however run but was hard to go into gear. It never seemed to get up to max speed.
      I cleaned it up & replaced a few plastic parts, seat covers plus the front mounted winch. It ran for a few miles, then when I stopped & put it in reverse it would not move. You give it gas & it seems like it has the brake on.
      I pulled the primary cover off & the primary clutch turns but the secondary clutch will not move when you try & turn it by hand.
      Any thoughts?