Quantcast

Just replaced master brake cylinder and have been bleeding the brakes with no success. Is there any sequence in which they have to be done?

Bleeding brakes is generally a 2 man job. One to press the pedal,one to open and close the bleeder valve. Have someone press the brake pedal, and once fluid squirts out shut (tighten) the valve. While tightening the valve keep the pedal depressed, until it is tight. Because if you let off the pedal while the valve is open you risk letting more air in your lines

just dont snap any off...

I have done this process before on cars but was wondering if there was a sequence it must be done has I have used 1 litre of fluid and brakes are no better.

Generally you want to start furthest from the master cylinder, which is usually rear right, rear left, then front right and then front left.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      It's been leaking VERY slowly over the past couple years, just  had to add a minute amount of brake fluid every few months. Now i have to i add about 3/4 of a cup every 5 days.
      i took the rear tire off, where it is leaking from, cleaned up the outside of the drum and it looks like the fluid is leaking from where the   "outer" drum meats the inner drum, #41038. guessing its the brake cylinder inside..... any other thoughts. I made sure the brake line is tight too.

• By Legless
      Unusual topic, I guess.
      I'm unable to walk and just had hand controls installed on my new Mule.
      I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the brakes (freeplay, hydraulics, etc) to increase "responsiveness" of brakes. I need them to engage more quickly. In other words, I have to really lay on the hand controls hard to get the brakes to activate. The brake pedal (via the hand control) has to move quite a distance before the brakes start to engage (and I am unable to lock them up). I guess I need to make the brakes more "touchy". The hand control system is far from perfect, but it's all I've got.
      Any thoughts?
      Thanks.
      KC
    • By CStrike250
      Anyone know what is needed to get the piston back in.? Using a C Clamp is not working. Brake locked up and likely smoked my belt too.. 
      Anyone ever changed the pads before?

• By Gerald Clarendon Sr
      I have a 2012 Kawasaki 4000 Mule and the hood release cable is frozen and will not move. I want to replace the cable and have removed the fenders, hood, cargo box to access the cable. I finally had to remove the plastic dash far enough away so I could get a wrench on the nut holding the cable release knob in place. That's a lot of fun. I cannot remove the pin holding the cable to the release bar mechanism. Is that a force fit pin or what. There are no keepers holding it in place. Any suggestions on how to get the cable out? I can see why the previous owner never fixed it as you have to remove the whole front to get to the cable. I've tried penetrating fluids to make the cable work with no success. Your help is appreciated. Gerry C.
    • By KTMspeedFreak
      So I just spent 10 hours working on the brakes for my new mystery buggy, and still can’t get pressure. Never in my life have I had such a difficult time trying to bleed a brake system and i’m  a fairly competent mechanic. I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to try new master cylinders becuase these simply are not working... anyone have any tips for bleeding these wretches?