Quantcast

goldstar

briggs motor in 3010 mule

Has anyone put a different brand motor in a mule with a straight shaft,trifugal if so where did you get a tapered sleeve for the primary clutch to work or what other rough can one take to make this setup work. Will a centrifugal clutch work plus converting to chain driven?

Look up smallengine warehouse .com

They have a repower page, where you fill out what machine you have and shows what motor will fit. I believe the 3010 has the Kawasaki FD620D.

You might even contact briggs to see what will work.

Whats wrong with the engine?

Rebuild kits are a just over $200 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Mule-KAF620-Engine-Rebuild-Kit-w-2-Oversize-Pistons-and-Rings/332874277709?fits=Model%3AMule+3010|Make%3AKawasaki&epid=2085765133&hash=item4d80da634d:g:hwYAAOSwj8VcbDcM:sc:USPSPriority!77384!US!-1

I'm with Travis. Just because it could be done, doesn't mean that it should. I believe that "all in", the price would be substantially more than a rebuild. If there were a major power gain, it might be worthwhile, but I don't see that happening. If anything, I'd look at refitting a larger stock motor. Like the diesel that was offered on the 3010. Where you'd have the option of do it yourself fab, or off the shelf parts. Things such as motor mounts. But personally, I wouldn't even go that far. I'd just rebuild, or replace the existing motor.

I don't know what happened to the motor it was converted when i bought it with a centrifugal clutch and #50 chain. I'm talking with Noram they say they've got a clutch for up to 40 horse power engines that engages slowly and safely. I think it's around 7 inches.

If it's already converted, then that certainly changes things. Some UTV brands, and models come with a big Honda, horizontal shaft engine, mounted just as you describe. Don't know about the chain drive though. Can't remember exactly which ones I've seen it on either. But it definitely wasn't a Honda. That was what caught my attention. I'm thinking it was at Tractor Supply Co. Anyway, one of those could possibly answer some questions about what the options might be.